Server already closed?

jeancamargo

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

I completed the PS4 version on Friday night. Every day since then I have been trying to cloud save and I get an error. I try to delete the cloud save, same thing. This is really frustrating. Is it completely out of my control or can I do anything to get around it?

Been trying and trying for days.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

I completed the PS4 version on Friday night. Every day since then I have been trying to cloud save and I get an error. I try to delete the cloud save, same thing. This is really frustrating. Is it completely out of my control or can I do anything to get around it?

Out of your control, just keep trying. It went out for days in december too (obviously given the thread)

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, CIVICMINDED said:

If you do happen to get this working, would you mind posting your findings here, please?  I'm encountering the same issue.  Likewise, if I have any luck, I'll be sure to post it.

Sounds like a plan.

7 hours ago, CIVICMINDED said:

I reached out to Santa Monica Studios this morning via email and Facebook messenger with the following.  I'll let everyone know if I get anywhere with it.

qsp6c4.png

I’ve emailed them, but I had no luck in getting a response.

Wait, so people get the game on multiple regions/platforms and get credit on each of them for free? Is that why people are doing this? I know trophy hunters are a special type of OCD breed but if that is the case it sounds wrong from a tracking standpoint since essentially the trophy is being gained once but counted multiple times.

If I am incorrect and people have to actually "earn" each trophy by playing the game on each platform/region then I take back my statement. I say "earn" because I know that is quite a subjective statement as far as trophies go since someone can get a trophy for multiplayer kills while not actually doing anything but getting two systems and having one person stand there to get shot, etc. And no, I'm not hating on people "earning" trophies doing things like that, just clarifying my statement.

21 minutes ago, Nutrageous69 said:

Wait, so people get the game on multiple regions/platforms and get credit on each of them for free? Is that why people are doing this? I know trophy hunters are a special type of OCD breed but if that is the case it sounds wrong from a tracking standpoint since essentially the trophy is being gained once but counted multiple times.

If I am incorrect and people have to actually "earn" each trophy by playing the game on each platform/region then I take back my statement. I say "earn" because I know that is quite a subjective statement as far as trophies go since someone can get a trophy for multiplayer kills while not actually doing anything but getting two systems and having one person stand there to get shot, etc. And no, I'm not hating on people "earning" trophies doing things like that, just clarifying my statement.

You must be new here. Welcome!

Yes, the game has stacks that will auto pop when you transfer your completed save from the other version. This was big in the cross buy, cross play days. Since it's allowed by the developer it is not considered cheating. Other games work this way too, MGS collection on Vita/PS3, NA and JP stacks of Drawn to Death, etc. 

Not quite to new, but I only have been playing since a year after PS4 came out so I don't have cross play, but in any case thanks.

I understand it not being cheating, but does seem to be bad accounting for purposes of trophy counting, Maybe I'm a little salty as well since I'm still burning from King's Quest where I played the first Chapter when it was free digital, then picked up the whole game in physical form only to find out that the physical copy has a separate trophy list and the ones I did digitally didn't count towards the physical copy one. I know not quite the same case, but still irritating to have the digital forever be not 100% unless I want to drop more money on it then I did the physical version.

In any case I doubt my trophy count will get to the point I compete in numbers for the people doing this anytime soon to matter.

Thanks for the nice reply,