Heads up! Don't buy the "physical" game as used

That's weird, since I have the disc right here. Mine is EU, is yours US?

Lots of physical discs on eBay, maybe change the topic to reflect this.

Just now, Miku Maekawa said:

There are two revisions of this game, one with only the code inside and one with an actual disc inside (which contains the entire game). I own the latter, here's a picture of it.

gJaOpuR.jpg

Same.

8 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

Also the "not for resale" tag on the back should be a dead giveaway.

To be fair, the "not for resale" isn't a dead giveaway of anything here.  Most games that come packaged in a bundle say that, disc based or not.  It just means it wasn't a copy manufactured to be sold individually.

Edited by Dreakon13
  • Like 3

There's another (relatively) easy way to distinguish the two versions: The one with only the code inside has the ID "NPEB-00185" written on its side, the one with the disc uses the ID "BLES-01453" instead. Save games are not compatible between these two versions as far as I know. And a US version doesn't exist, since the game was never released in North America (not even digitally). They released the game on the Hong Kong store, but that version is just the European download version (it even uses the same ID).

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, AlienSteam said:

Thats the first time I ever recall seeing this, very strange, I have a copy of the game but mine has a disc, I wonder if there are other games that were released like this 1

This is the only Sony game I know of that does this but it happens all the time on the Switch, mainly because certain publishers get cheap and can't be bothered to pay for a higher capacity SD Card.

• 1 year later...