Issues with USB and the level crashing, soft-locking the platinum

Varhur

So, this started when i was playing Lego Batman 3 and got to Jaihouse Nok level. And seriously - fuck this level. No, it's not hard, it doesn't have Minikits hidden where you woulnd't even guess, or stud level ricidulous to achieve without money multipliers.

It crashes within first 30 seconds.

As far as i can tell, it's just ticking clock, that will ding at the time no matter what will you do, and the only thing you can change is how fast you want to restart console. Walking around, changing suits, progressing the level by simply destroying what should be destroyed, all of this ends with a crash and mandatory console restart. Pausing the game just crashes instantly. Other levels weren't like that and only this bullshit on Nok is unbeatable because of that.

One attempt was interesting  - i got to change to Batman's Space Suit, one with laser, with R2 without issues. Then there's magnetic wall, that requires either Robin or Cyborg magnetic suit. So i changed to Cyborg, tapped R2 - and nothing. Even the magnetic suit icon hinting me what to do changed to blank circle. Swapped back to Batman and just what i've expected - i can't change suits anymore, R2 doesn't work. And game crashed. So, the game just goes downhill from the start and whatever you do, it will crash, previously disabling everything you were able to do.

So, i wanted to delete everything related to the game from PS3 drives, starting with save. I've plugged USB - console froze. You could tell that, because animated wallpaper went fully static. Then, after, idk, 30 seconds, i got to saves folder, and everything had this loading icon. And we're stuck with the endless loading. So, USB won't work because fuck me. Without USB plugged i could easily access that folder.

I've deleted game files from the drives and decided to install again (from disc). Cleaning the disc did nothing, so i guess that was the last thing i could do. After reinstalling, i selected two characters that could push me quickly - one with laser, one with magnetic abilities - and tried the level again. And i'm stuck at the loading screen (black with rotating bat figure) and... noises? In-game noises, those that characters make when they jump and hit the ground. I restarted console, tried level again - and it fucking crashed again. I gave up.

So, PS3 can't do shit with pendrives, reinstalling the game did nothing, disc can be clean and still fail miserably plus level is just ticking down to crash. I have no idea what else i could do. I don't want to replay the whole game again - i was at 75% and this game is fucking tedious - plus i had issues with that level also in story mode - it just "worked" that one time and i have no idea why. If anyone would help me with any of the issues, either with PS3 and USB, or the impossible level, locking the platinum - i'd be very, very glad.

And to why i'm not posting this in Lego Batman 3 forum - it's dead. No way i'll get help from there.