are digital games ps4 pro enhanced?

melodicmizery

40 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

wondering if anyone knew if you needed the disc for this option to work with games or if digital downloads works to. it doesnt really say in the ps store

Yeah, the digital version is essentially the same thing for all pro games. Any game that supports Pro on disc, also works digitally. A disc is basically just a ripped Blu-Ray with the same data you are downloading from the PS Store. How would a previously released game get a Pro patch if not?

Edited by skateak
  • Like 2

I have absolutely no idea. You would assume there wouldn't be any difference between digital & physical media much. There'd also probably be an uproar if it was different, so I think it's safe to say it's the same. & of course there's no way these games ship with the "enhancements" 95% of the time anyway so it's probably never on the disc to begin with & likely in the first patch that rolls out. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, skateak said:

Yeah, the digital version is essentially the same thing for all pro games. Any game that supports Pro on disc, also works digitally. A disc is basically just a ripped Blu-Ray with the same data you are downloading from the PS Store. How would a previously released game get a Pro patch if not?

ah ok, just wanted to make sure thanks. i got 2 newer games on disc that are enhanced and thinking about digging in the pockets to buy a extra ps4 and make it a pro since i recently upgraded to 4k. but i usually buy digital sales so i wasnt sure if they cut it down to save on file size by some chance. you never know with sony lmao