Where To Buy A PS3 Controller?

jjmello23

I checked out some videos online comparing real and fake DS3 pads and what seemed to be the biggest tell is the sticker on the back.

I could be wrong but after watching a few videos I noticed that all fake controllers showed have a white square on the back sticker with text. To better illustrate you can check out the video bellow. 

I have to say, I'm really impressed by these Chinese knock offs, if you have nothing to compare them against and have no deep knowledge of the controller design, you can get cheated very easily ?

https://youtu.be/xNTQTH1PV3w

On 01/01/2019 at 6:02 PM, Alternatewarning said:

I really need a new one (my left analog stick is getting worse and worse) but now I'm nervous looking for one...

As I said before, IMO the best solution is to purchase a DS4 and a Magic-S adapter for full compatibility.

The quality of the DS4 is far superior and the Magic-S costs 20$ and can be used on a good amount of devices (PC, Switch, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, TVs, etc...). 

2 hours ago, BifeSTER said:

As I said before, IMO the best solution is to purchase a DS4 and a Magic-S adapter for full compatibility.

The quality of the DS4 is far superior and the Magic-S costs 20$ and can be used on a good amount of devices (PC, Switch, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, TVs, etc...). 

My only issue with that is A) I don't own a PS4, only a PS3 and I don't own any other console and B) they're so expensive... 

I got one for my friend back in November at the pawn shop Cash America for $5. I didnt even have to negotiate to get it that cheap lol. It was a real Sony one, and they had plenty to choose from. I just took the one that the buttons/sticks/triggers felt the best on. He said it works fine. Holds a charge etc. Value Pawn also had some, but I dont know how much they wanted. They had a decent sized basket full of them too lol...

15 hours ago, Alternatewarning said:

My only issue with that is A) I don't own a PS4, only a PS3 and I don't own any other console and B) they're so expensive... 

You don't need to own a PS4 to own a Dual Shock 4. What I suggested was buying a DS4 because the quality of the controller is far better and a Magic-S adapter, which is a USB stick, for full compatibility. And regarding the price, you can find them pretty cheap used, there's a much bigger availability since they're still being manufactured, there are less knock offs and are easier to spot and again are much better quality. 

IMO it's much better to spend a little bit more even if you buy them new, than risk paying for a fake of even inferior quality. Most of the time don't even work wiressly.

TL;DR: I suggest not risk getting scammed with fake controllers and go with a safer, better and more reliable option. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been scammed twice...well...technically once. The first time was Christmas 2013, it was a present from my Dad...they bought a Silver Controller off of Amazon and it ended up being a fake. The second time, I bought one off of eBay in 2017, as the 2 controllers I have, the batteries were shot...I was skeptical the whole time, and turns out I was right...I sent it back and got a refund...but not before the seller was adamant about arguing that it wasn't counterfeit, and I had to show him pictures proving him wrong. So instead I just bought new OEM batteries for them (which were actually legit)...the controllers don't feel new, but the battery life is great on them again. 

Now it seems China is at it again, and counterfeit DS4's are all over eBay now...keep running into that negative feedback looking for a new DS4 for cheap.

Edited by Viper