(HELPED) Can I get some Herbalist #9 help please?

XjaegerbombX

Thanks everyone for the reply & that video.

I've been using www.rdr2map.com which is very accurate but with 2 herbs left it's hard to determine which 2 I need.

And since i cant find a damn pen or pencil in this entire house i am going to use this post as a checklist.

Currently at: 41/43

Checklist:

1) Dragon's Mouth Orchid

2) Night Scented Orchid

3) Rat Tail Orchid

4) Cigar Orchid

5) Clamshell Orchid

6) Vanilla Flower

7) Oleander Sage

8) Burdock Root

9) Yarrow

10) Black Currant

11) Golden Currant

12) Hummingbird Sage

13) Red Sage

14) Desert Sage

15) Milkweed

16) Common Bullrush

17) Wild Mint

18) Wild Feverfew

19) Creeping Thyme

20) Oregano

21) English Mace

22) Evergreen Huckleberry

23) Indian Tobacco

24) Red Raspberry

25) Blackberry

26) Violet Snowdrop

27) Wild Carrot

28) Wintergreen Berry

29) Prairie Poppy

30) Parasol Mushroom

31) Alaskan Ginseng

32) American Ginseng

33) Bay Bolette

34) Chanterelle's

35) Ram's Head

36) Acuna's Star Orchid

37) Lady of the Night Orchid

38) Spider Orchid

39) Sparrow's Egg Orchid

40) Queen's Orchid

41) Moccasin Flower Orchid

42) Ghost Orchid

43) Lady Slipper Orchid

I have now finished Algernon's bullshit exotics and am *still* 2 herbs short. What the fuuuuck??

chUaoDa.jpg

Edited by dokkanexpert
Checklist Updated again. Need only 2 more.

Fuuuuck. So my guide says Orchids can be picked once per stage per spawn point.

I'd already picked 2 Acuna's Star Orchid's (Stage 4 of Algernon's requests) & i cannot find anymore Acuna's.

Omfg i *need* to do the Exotics in order to get Acuna's to spawn again!! Fuuuuuuck this gaaaaaame!! I'm soo fucking frustrated with this challenge!!!

Edited by dokkanexpert
Spellcheck

14 hours ago, dokkanexpert said:

Fuuuuck. So my guide says Orchids can be picked once per stage per spawn point.

I'd already picked 3 Acuna's Star Orchid's (Stage 4 of Algernon's requests) & i cannot find anymore Acuna's.

Omfg do i *need* to do the Exotics in order to get Acuna's to spawn again?? I'm soo confused & frustrated with this challenge!!!

I found the Exotics strand quite annoying.
I did those already, and for me somethimes an orchid would not spawn at a certain location, even when I wasn't been there before. I even used video's to get the exact location, and the orchid was just not there. Then I did the dinosaur bone collecting the same time, and I would come back later to the orchid location. Somethimes then the orchid did spawn. And I am 100% sure I was on the same location. I did NOT miss it, it wasn't there the first time. Even somethimes when I already had the request of pick n of orchid....

Latest theory is that it has something to do with setting up a camp in the orchids area.

Edited by NL_Sion
  • Like 1

The orchids are tied up with the exotics challenge... Meaning, on challenge 3 if you need 7 lady slipper orchids for the challenge, so the game will only let you pick up 6 until you reach the quest... Almost all the flowers on the map that suposed to be the orchid you want will become vanilla flowers.

Hope it clarifies  

• Like 1

I just noticed that ingame I am busy with Survivalist #10, and there it says that I have to catch all fish. And then there is a checkbox that says 10/15 fish caught. But it doesn't tell you what ones you have or not have caught. But when I look into my Social club account online on a website, and I view this challange it actually does list what fish I still need and what ones I have caught. Maybe that also works for Herbalist #10?

Edited by NL_Sion
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NL_Sion said:

I just noticed that ingame I am busy with Survivalist #10, and there it says that I have to catch all fish. And then there is a checkbox that says 10/15 fish caught. But it doesn't tell you what ones you have or not have caught. But when I look into my Social club account online on a website, and I view this challange it actually does list what fish I still need and what ones I have caught. Maybe that also works for Herbalist #10?

No i wish. You must pick one of each of the 43 plants & when you view the task while holding Left on D-pad, there is NO checklist.

Since I picked 2 Acuna's already (from what i read on trueachievements.com) those that had 2 Acuna's had to finish Algernon's side-quest for the 3rd Acuna to spawn.

So right now I need 1 reddish plume & 7 Lady of the Night's than I can move on to stage 2. Basically I gotta do this entire exotics sidequest *just* to finish Herbalist #9 (required for 100% completion).

So pissed. I need to play a different game for a while. Thinking of getting Assassins Creed Odyssey today for 50% off ($30).

7 hours ago, JSVilleneuve said:

The orchids are tied up with the exotics challenge... Meaning, on challenge 3 if you need 7 lady slipper orchids for the challenge, so the game will only let you pick up 6 until you reach the quest... Almost all the flowers on the map that suposed to be the orchid you want will become vanilla flowers.

Hope it clarifies  

Aaaaaaah so that is why I pick so many Vanilla Flowers!!

22 hours ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Left on D-pad would also tell you which herb to pick up next and the best way would of been to leave the exotic quest until you needed to pick one of each herb.

Have you done this challenge yet? I dont think you have cus there is no checklist like with the Horses or the Fish or Gambler Challenges.

This one just says "37/43 Herbs Picked".

Edited by dokkanexpert

58 minutes ago, dokkanexpert said:

Have you done this challenge yet? I dont think you have cus there is no checklist like with the Horses or the Fish or Gambler Challenges.

This one just says "37/43 Herbs Picked".

If you checked you would see I have all single player trophies It doesn't list the herbs but the same as the fish where left on d-pad will tell you a fish you need then once you get it will show another, But seeing as I've done all single player trophies I can't screenshot it to show you exactly where this is but it's accessed left on d-pad.

53 minutes ago, Lightsp33d1987 said:

If you checked you would see I have all single player trophies It doesn't list the herbs but the same as the fish where left on d-pad will tell you a fish you need then once you get it will show another, But seeing as I've done all single player trophies I can't screenshot it to show you exactly where this is but it's accessed left on d-pad.

Dude. You're thinking of the "Exotics" sidequest.

The Herbalist #9 challenge does NOT show what herbs you have or have not picked.

Read above even. Someone eben said they had to make a manual checklist -- which is what i'm doing here.

22 minutes ago, dokkanexpert said:

Dude. You're thinking of the "Exotics" sidequest.

The Herbalist #9 challenge does NOT show what herbs you have or have not picked.

Read above even. Someone eben said they had to make a manual checklist -- which is what i'm doing here.

I know exotics are in there but same for challenges take the catch 1 of each fish for instance the game doesn't say which you have in the challenges it self but double tap left on d-pad then R1 once I think it is and it would tell you 1 fish you still needed once you got that fish it would then show another.

@Lightsp33d1987 is right. The challenge "quick menu" accessed through D-Pad Left will always show you exactly 1 missing plant / fish / horse breed etc. Once you get that done, it will show the next thing on the list and so on.

The plant challenge itself does not contain a full list, only counter. Same with fish. Only horse challenge provides full list.

Edited by HusKyCode
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, HusKyCode said:

@Lightsp33d1987 is right. The challenge "quick menu" accessed through D-Pad Left will always show you exactly 1 missing plant / fish / horse breed etc. Once you get that done, it will show the next thing on the list and so on.

The plant challenge itself does not contain a full list, only counter. Same with fish. Only horse challenge provides full list.

Thanks for also confirming this i try to help someone then they act like i have no idea what i am on about lol.

On 12/29/2018 at 11:05 PM, Lightsp33d1987 said:

Thanks for also confirming this i try to help someone then they act like i have no idea what i am on about lol.

You are still incorrect & you are not helping me out in any way. You're actually making my "checklist" post now into a "what you know and what i don't know" post.

So to steer you off the wrong path i took a picture. See. No list. Just a counter.

chUaoDa.jpg

So... Where is this list of plants?

I never said you were wrong or incorrect. I said "you might be thinking of the exotics sidequest".

This entire thread is about ONE thing: Herbalist Challenge #9 -- even tho @HusKyCode said that you're right (altho i dont see what he is on about either) but read the rest of his comment. THE HERBALIST CHALLENGE DOES NOT HAVE A LIST ONLY A COUNTER.

Can we just get off the different subject you're on and focus back on my main post please? 

I still need to locate 3 plants.

So I just now finished the exotics side-quest (1% of the game) & still need two (2) goddamn herbs.

I dunno what to do now cus i cant progress any further until I get the 2 herbs it's saying I havent picked.

13 exotics crossed off. Fuck I don't know what to do.

I am stuck at 99.5% completion.

Edited by dokkanexpert

New checklist:

1) Indian Tobacco

2) Chanterelle's 

3) Creeping Thyme

4) Oregano 

5) Alaskan Ginseng

6) American Ginseng

7) Wild Carrot

8) Hummingbird Sage

9) Golden Currant

10) Bay Bolette

11-23) Orchids

24) Common Bullrush

25) Oleandar Sage

26) Ram's Head

27) Wintergreen Berry (43/43)

28) Yarrow

29) Milkweed

30) Blackberry

31) Desert Sage

32) Parasol Mushroom

33) Black Currant

34) English Mace

35) Desert Sage

36) Wild Mint

37) Red Sage (42/43)

38) Vanilla Flower

39) Violet Snowdrop 

40) Red Raspberry

41) Wild Feverfew

42) Prairie Poppy

43) Burdock Root

Finallly!!!! Wintergreen Berry was the one i was missing to make 43/43. Could've sworn i pickes it many times but when i saw only 9 berries picked in my compendium i knew that was the last one.

Now for #10!!

Edited by dokkanexpert
Finished!!!
  • Like 1

I made sure to have no plants in my satchel to make tracking easier. I ended up with multiples of everything and it popped after I collected a seventh milkweed. I think it may be glitched for some. Keep trying is the only advice I really have. You’ll get it eventually.

Edited by Senor_T_Dub

On 12/29/2018 at 2:12 PM, dokkanexpert said:

So pissed. I need to play a different game for a while. Thinking of getting Assassins Creed Odyssey today for 50% off ($30).

AC Odyssey was pretty fun and $30 only a few months after release is a pretty good deal. Honestly I don't know why I even bother buying games when they come out anymore. If I just had some patience I would buy the game on sale once the DLC has already been released because half the time I'll really enjoy a game but then have no interest in going back to it for the DLC unless it's supposed to be incredible or has really good trophies (they're typically just bronze with maybe a silver or a gold thrown in there if you're lucky). The platinum for Odyssey is also really easy, much easier than Origins was where they had one where you had to complete every single location in the game (hundreds of them).

I know you've already finished this challenge and got the platinum (I still have to finish the gold medals and do the online stuff) but for anyone else just starting this one I agree that writing down every plant you pick after you start it is the best way to keep track. I just made a memo on my phone and typed in the plants as I picked them up checking periodically to make sure the number of plants I had on my list and the number of plants collected for the challenge were the same. Also I wouldn't bother to finish the challenge until you've started the exotics quest because both are needed to 100% the game and that way you won't have to worry about whether orchids will spawn for you or not.  Because some of the plants are native to New Austin you literally can't complete the challenge until Chapter 4 at the earliest (using the graveyard mission glitch) which is right around the time you can start the exotics mission.