How does game saves being saved to the cloud on Xbox One work exactly?

Cryogenicide_X

I don't 100% understand how it works because I'm more of a PlayStation guy than an Xbox guy. All I've heard is that game saves to your games automatically save to the cloud. 

When do they sync to the cloud though? Is it every time you start the game? Is it before you close the game? I dont understand it fully. 

Edited by Cryogenicide_X

It depends on wether you mean the in-game cross-save cloud that some games have or the PS+ Save File Cloud you have to pay for. The cross-save cloud varies from game-to-game because some auto sync at set intervals but others have to be done manually, where as the PS+ Cloud can be set to auto upload at a specific time or you make it so the saves have to be uploaded manually.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.

46 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

It depends on wether you mean the in-game cross-save cloud that some games have or the PS+ Save File Cloud you have to pay for. The cross-save cloud varies from game-to-game because some auto sync at set intervals but others have to be done manually, where as the PS+ Cloud can be set to auto upload at a specific time or you make it so the saves have to be uploaded manually.

I'm talking about the Xbox One.