toothboss

How does a trophy go from very rare to ultra rare after you've gotten it?

7 posts in this topic

I got the play for advanced warfare, and it was very rare, and today it moved into ultra rare. How does this happen? Cheaters removed possibly?

Yeah either cheaters removed or a lot of new players starting it and not finishing (that mainly happens with PS+ titles though)

It could be the removal of cheaters in some particular cases.  But, the general trend has been for most platinums to get slightly rarer overtime.  Probably, because the base of users being tracked by psnp keeps increasing and those new accounts (new to psnprofiles at least!) are not quite as into hunting trophies on average compared to the ones that were already being tracked.

A little OT when you look at @dmland12 rarest trophies the first one is MeatBoy platinum and the second one is impossible boy and it should look like this but in my profile i have the same rarest trophies but impossible boy is first and MeatBoy plat is second anyone know why? @Sly Ripper @BlindMango

1 hour ago, UltraRareBoy said:

A little OT when you look at @dmland12 rarest trophies the first one is MeatBoy platinum and the second one is impossible boy and it should look like this but in my profile i have the same rarest trophies but impossible boy is first and MeatBoy plat is second anyone know why? @Sly Ripper @BlindMango

It could be a few things - Rarity values tend to update slower and randomly across profiles for that box on the right side, and in some instances if there are things that are the same values (Like %0.17) then they will sometimes display in random order if it's the same, though I'm not sure if that in particular works that way. Sly would have a better answer for this one though.

This just happened to me in reverse with the Breach and Clear trophy on Fallout 76. It was Ultra Rare when I obtained it a week ago, but now has dropped to Very Rare :/