I was wondering how "hard" this game actually is to platinum nowadays. As a kid I vaguely remember I was an absolute noob in this and was always lost.

First thing that comes to my mind to compare is Salt and Sanctuary which looks a bit like this. That game was an absolute faceroll for me. Should this be doable as well?

1 minute ago, KingGuy420 said:

Symphony of the Night is a full on RPG. Anything you have trouble with can be dummied with better gear and a higher level.

Rondo is about average difficulty of other action platformers of that time. Not the hardest Castlevania but i wouldn't exactly call it easy.

That summs is up quite nice thanks ?

Probably a 4 or 5/10 in terms of difficulty. SotN isn't bad, but Rondo could give you some trouble if you're new to older platformers. Fortunately, it's a pretty short game, and the trophies don't ask you to do much more than you would on a normal playthrough.

Salt and Sanctuary is a much harder game, IMO.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Probably a 4 or 5/10 in terms of difficulty. SotN isn't bad, but Rondo could give you some trouble if you're new to older platformers. Fortunately, it's a pretty short game, and the trophies don't ask you to do much more than you would on a normal playthrough.

Salt and Sanctuary is a much harder game, IMO.

Thank you :) !

I just popped this Plat (literally), I'd give it a 4/10 for overall difficulty. SotN can be cheesed, and Rondo, while frustrating, can be finished with a little patience for the more frustrating parts. I did have to look online for the alternate routes since I haven't played it since the PSP comp launched. Nothing is missable afaik. 

• Like 1

In response to my own question it's indeed way easier then I thought

I manged to get :
All 44 Trophies
2nd January 2019  Platinum in 1 day, 13 hours
Symphony of the night was a great pleasure to play while Rondo was just annoying and I was happy to finish that one.
4/10 would be indeed a good one. (2/10 for symphony as you can cheese a lot with some weapons)

good to know on difficulty not being bad. my first time playing these was that PSP collection, was going to pick it up in the holiday sale. it was $10 at PS+ price the tuesday it went on sale, the next night it was removed from the sale when i just put it the cart. then that friday they put it back on sale for $15. pretty scummy tactic.

but i imagine if i plat. the megaman x legacy collections i should be fine then? xD 

13 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

good to know on difficulty not being bad. my first time playing these was that PSP collection, was going to pick it up in the holiday sale. it was $10 at PS+ price the tuesday it went on sale, the next night it was removed from the sale when i just put it the cart. then that friday they put it back on sale for $15. pretty scummy tactic.

but i imagine if i plat. the megaman x legacy collections i should be fine then? xD 

You should be fine :)

On 1/4/2019 at 2:38 AM, RJP_X said:

Well duh, this is Konami we’re talking about here. Nothing is beneath them when it comes to scamming customers. ?

Edited by PoisonJam7

14 hours ago, PoisonJam7 said:

Well duh, this is Konami we’re talking about here. Nothing is beneath them when it comes to scamming customers. 1f644.png

wasn't surprised myself, i was trying to assume the positive that maybe there was an error with listing its sales price at the time, but mostly expected them to place it back in the sale for a higher price lol.

then again, i don't know how prices from sales are determined, if its the game company decision, or sony. maybe a bit of both.