Trophy Milestones?

SuchRemorse

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question. (probably not) But I was curious. Does anyone know about the trophy milestones on your page? Why is your 1337th trophy considered a milestone? I was looking at my page and I noticed that. I thought it might have been a mistake or something but I see other people with this same Milestone. Thoughts???

5 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

It's some dumb internet thing that was relevant about fifteen years ago. Anybody who still talks like that should be ashamed, and the milestone is a constant reminder of our failure as a species.

Ahhh so it's some cult thing? LOL... gottcha! Thanks! I thought there would be a more interesting reason but I guess not. 

Just now, SuchRemorse said:

Ahhh so it's some cult thing? LOL... gottcha! Thanks! I thought there would be a more interesting reason but I guess not. 

Pretty much. Back before people had shame, they would type in numbers instead of letters because they thought it made them look cool. It was like smoking for kids of the 00's. "1337" stands for "leet" (if you squint your eyes really hard or look at it upside down or something), which is short for elite, so obviously everybody wanted that number in their MySpace name or AIM account. Other popular numbers were 420 (but for different reasons) and 8008, because it looks like boob. For some reason, only 1337 was considered worthy enough to be a milestone. And, for some equally bizarre reason, they stop counting after a while. It starts going every 500 trophies, then 1k, then 5k, and eventually you're going to be waiting years to earn your next milestone.

So, treasure that 1337. It may just be the best milestone you ever get!