How was your gaming year? (2018 edition)

DrEvilGuapo

Mine is certainly nothing compared to that with work and everything, but i thin this year was pretty fruitful for me compared to previous years

Platinum Trophies: from 18 to 30 (+12)

i don't remember about the other trophies as I haven't been keeping track of them. 

My psn level just went up by one, from 13 in november 2017, and its now a 14 so hardly anything.

According to my stats, most of my trophies are earned at 10 pm? 

Best games I played:

Overall was Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age. It was also my most satisfying platinum trophy. I had aimed to finish it in 2017 but the New Year came around so just about missed it. 

Others include Collar x Malice Unlimited, Code Realize bouquet of roses, Life is Strange 2 and Atelier Sophie. 

Worst games I played:

I liked most of what I played, but if I were to choose I wasn't a fan of Nier Automata. The story was to convoluted and strange for my tastes, but the battles were fun. I'm just not into robots and stuff. I also did not like Psychadelica of the Black Butterfly very much. 

• Like 3

:bronze:Bronze Trophies:  1644 to 2210 (566 Earned)

:silver:Silver Trophies:  357 to 494 (137 Earned)

:gold:Gold Trophies:  79 to 115 (36 Earned)

:platinum:Platinum:  18 to 25 (7 Earned)

PSN Level:  15 to 17

My one real goal was to get my Trophies per Day into the positive.  It was at like .68 at the start of the year and now it's up to .98.  I got real close with it.

Best Games I played:

:bronze:Bronze:  Spyro Reignited

:silver:Silver:  Alien Isolation

:gold:Gold:  Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

:platinum:Platinum:  Bloodborne

I loved the Spyro games.  Alien Isolation is sooo good, but the ending is sooo long.  They could cut everything post Chapter 14 and be all the better.  Birth by Sleep is my favorite in the franchise so far.  I love the command deck system.  And the cast is great.  I can't believe I waited so long to play Bloodborne.  It's so good.  I love Lovecraftian stuff.

Worst Game I played:

Valkyria Chronicles, I like the game enough.  I'm not a fan of the combat.  Accuracy in games is a bitch.  And this game might be the worst.  There was one fight, I used the Accuracy command.  I had sniper and had a body shot lined up.  And she missed.  I just sit there with my jaw hanging open, like how?

• Like 2

2018 was a crazy year. In January I only had my ps4 for 6 months and it was time to get into the leaderboards. Stats say enough this has been a grind of a year with over 100 games finished and maintaining 98.50% completed status.

Also on PC I've been going hard on World of Warcraft so this year has been one of my most craziest yet when it comes to gaming

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 1291 to 3700 (+2409)
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 552 to 1625 (+1073)
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 307 to 964 (+657)
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: 59 to 169 (+109) 

Best Games I played:

List would be way too long

Worst games I played:

Many trash games but the worst is adam's venture

• Like 1

This was my first year on this site, and properly going for platinums/100%. I wouldn't say I'm a proper trophy hunter, but I've definitely challenged myself a bit more this year.

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: 580 to 1,057 (+477)
:silver: Silver Trophies: 165 to 303 (+138)
:gold: Gold Trophies: 40 to 85 (+45)
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: 4 to 11 (+7)

PSN Level: 12 to 14

Considering I only spent about 5 months with my PS4 (the rest with my vita) I think it's pretty good going. 

Best Games I Played:  

:bronze: Bronze: Rise of the Tomb Raider
:silver: Silver: Tearaway
:gold: Gold: Horizon Zero Dawn
:platinum: Platinum: Uncharted: The Lost Legacy 

Worst Games I Played: 

This wasn't my first time trying to play it, but I really couldn't get into Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. I'm pretty sure that's a controversial choice, but oh well.

• Like 4

I feel this was the longest year, and don’t feel that I have played a lot of RPG games like last year.☹️

Platinum trophies: 42 to 64 (22)

PSN level: 18 to 20

Best games I played:

God of war and red dead redemption 2 were the best and dragon quest xi comes after.

Worst games I played:

Little dragons cafe and Ni no kuni 2

• Like 3

In terms of trophies I had a fairly decent year. More importantly, this was the year I decided to vote with my wallet and refuse to carry on buying worn out, annual franchises. No COD or Battlefield, no FIFA for the first time in 20 years. I played other great games in their place and feel much better for it.

• Like 4

:bronze: - 1803 (+302)

:silver: - 398 (+114)

:gold: - 154 (+41)

:platinum: -  32 (+10)

Total - 467

Best Game I played. I'll cheat a little and go with Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Trilogy. Even though all three games show their age, especially with controls it was still great fun completing Ezio's story. Assassin's Creed Origins was also a stand out. I don't feel like I played any bad games this year. Even the lesser known indie games such as North were good fun.

Special mention goes to No Man's Sky for my favourite trophy this year, :silver: - To Live Forever. I made the journey myself rather than hitching a ride, I felt like reaching the galaxy in permadeath mode was something I'd never be able to do so I put it off for a long time. It took a few restarts after I died several times until I finally got a planet I could survive on and never looked back from there. It was a great challenge and something I really enjoyed doing.

• Like 3

I got 244 trophies in the calendar year of 2018.

>Of those, 84 were just from screwing around with the Jak debug code. Down to 160 now.

>>Of those, 5 or so were Jess playing Ratchet on my mine, because I account share with her, she can't launch digi games here as herself, down to 155.

>>>Of those 18 are from games I played for 5 minutes and never played again, like Red Dead 2. Not counting those, brings it to 137. Just a fun fact.

>>>>So we've got a total of 244 trophies, 155 of which were *actually* earned by me. 

>>>>Of those trophies, Spider-Man accounts for 60 trophies.

>>>Of 244 trophies, 60 would account for 24.59%.

>>Of 155 trophies, 60 would account for 38.71%.

>Of 137 trophies, 60 would account for 43.8%.

So depending on how you cut it, Spider-Man amounts for either

A: A quarter of my year in PlayStation

B: Almost two fifths of my year in PlayStation

C: Close to half of my year in PlayStation

And just think, I spent more time playing Fortnite alone, on Switch, than I did on PlayStation all together in 2018... and Fortnite didn't hit Switch mid-June.

Edited by Super-Fly Spider-Guy
Formatting those little arrows.
  • Like 2

from 2018 to 2019 jan 1st

---------------------------------

bronze 7368 -----> 9304 

silver 2821 ----->  3835

gold 1076 ----> 1605

platinum 229   ----> 332

favorite game of that year was helter skelter nightmares. did alot of artifex mundi games too in 2018.

would do a better layout but too busy with lego ninjago the movie :( i been slacking a bit from the KFC made me tired.

Edited by kingdrake2
  • Like 1

:bronze:  813

:silver:  365

:gold:  164

:platinum:   27

Total trophies earned in 2018: 1369 

Went from lvl. 30 to 34 in that time and completed 24 games. Also got my 100th platinum, definitely the highlight of my year.

Not a bad year for me and honestly was a really fun year of gaming.

• Like 2

:platinum: 41——> 90 (+49)

:bronze: 2512 ——> 3915 (+1403)

:silver: 702 ——> 1208 (+506)

:gold: 186 ——> 319 (+133)

Overall: 3441 ——> 5532 (+2091)

Level: 20 ——> 27

I definitely peaked this year, went through probably 85% of my backlog. Now I’m at the point where I don’t have loads to choose from and it’s mainly the hardest or most annoying of the bunch that are left. 

Highlights of the year were getting into the Deus Ex series (which I previously knew nothing about) thanks to PS+, and finishing games I didn’t think I’d complete like LittleBigPlanet and Far Cry 2. I also ended up liking a bunch of games on my second run, even ones I flat out hated the first time like Wolfenstein 09.

• Like 3

:bronze: 7729 -> 8489 (+760)

:silver: 2904 -> 3215 (+311)

:gold: 1226 -> 1442 (+216)

:platinum: 222 -> 255 (+33)

PSN Level 48 -> 53 (+5)

Overall, not a terrible year, but I did clean up a few ugly incomplete PS3 games from the backlog.

• Like 3

2018 was a great year for me all around, including entertainment consumption and gaming. Not a massive amount of trophy hunting; mostly clean-up here and there of titles I actually felt were easy enough + fun enough to platinum, alongside me just going and completing the main stories in a chunk of my backlog.

I really didn't play many bad games last year at all, I'd only say that Layers of Fear, Terminator Salvation, and Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One were the bad ones of the bunch, and they weren't even that bad. Layers of Fear and Terminator Salvation have hardly any variety in their gameplay and suck in terms of how much content they have, and All 4 One is just super-linear, dull, and the difficulty balancing towards the end is so atrocious that I had to quit, haha.

The best games I played would have to be God of War III, Cuphead, and Persona 5. Persona 5's kinda a no-brainer for among the best titles in whatever game you complete it, but it's hard for me to choose if I prefer it to Cuphead or vice versa; Cuphead's style and gameplay were just so creative and fresh it competes great against a sprawling 100+ hour long JRPG. God of War III's definitely a step below those two, but all the god-slaying by Kratos was still an absolute blast. Honorable mention to Sly 4, sure that twist with Penelope was weird, but it still felt like a super-faithful Sly sequel.

• Like 2

This was probably not a great year for me trophy wise since I got a full-time job, moved states and basically got my life started.  Finally

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 832 to 1081 (+249)
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 247 to 356 (+109)
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 105 to 146 (+41)
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 24 to 33 (+9)

PSN Level: from 14 to 15 (+1)

Total Trophies: 408

So not too bad, but also not great.  Considering everything that went on this year, though, I'm pretty proud of myself.  My best game would have to be Persona 5 .  I just love that series and P5 didn't let me down.  I love the style of the game and the combat is very fun.  I really enjoy turned based.  It was long but the plat wasn't hard, in my opinion, and it was just a really good experience.  (Runner up goes to CollarXMalice for best art).

The worst game would have to be...Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls.  It's not a bad game by any means but I don't play shooters.  I don't like shooters.  It's a shooter.  Aiming is just not a skill I have so it was a bit of a struggle and it just wasn't as good as one and two in that series.

• Like 3

:bronze: 539->1,205 (+666)

:silver: 177->458 (+281)

:gold: 84->278 (+194)

:platinum:  10->39 (+27)

PSN level-12->17 (+5)

Total trophies: 1,165

Had a good year overall, but I hit a wall in late October and didn't make that much progress in the last two months.

Favorite games: Red Dead Redemption, Batman: The Enemy Within

Least favorite games: Little Adventure on the Prairie...I'm so ashamed of myself and Boggle (torture, would not recommend)

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 3

:bronze:Bronze Trophies: 6,397 - 7,066 (+669)

:silver:Silver Trophies: 2,160 - 2,373 (+213)

:gold:Gold Trophies: 744 - 818 (+74)

:platinum:Platinum Trophies: 181 - 201 (+20)

PSN Level: 39 - 41 (+2)

:hidden:Total Trophies: 9,482 - 10,458 (+976)

On a numbers basis, 2018 not my best year. HOWEVER, 2018 was full of milestones both trophy wise and otherwise! The biggest thing of 2018 was that I took the plunge and started streaming on Twitch. I went in with the intention to stream my trophy hunting endeavors but often found myself sidetracked streaming time-sink games (The Division, Destiny 2) which explains the low gains this year, butt made up for by the fact that two huge milestones were hit live on stream: 10,000 trophies and 200 plats! After starting on Jan. 22, I got Affiliated on St. Patrick's Day and for 2019 I hope to make more progress towards Partnership. I've still got a long way to go, but it's been an incredible and unforgettable journey.

Best Games I Played

:bronze:Bronze: Assassin's Creed: Syndicate

:silver:Silver: Titanfall 2

:gold:Gold: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided

:platinum:Platinum: Prey

:hidden:Honorable Mentions: Far Cry 4, Rime, Murdered: Soul Suspect, Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Telltale's Batman, Forma.8

I don't think any of the following are bad, these ratings are based on my overall enjoyment with them

Worst Games I Played

:bronze:Bronze: Darksiders II

:silver:Silver: Darksiders Warmastered Edition

:gold:Gold: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor

:platinum:Platinum: Call of Duty: Black Ops III

• Like 1

The trophy count thing is too much work for me. lol~

PSN Level: from 40 to 45 (+5)

Best games I played:

:bronze: Bronze: Dragon Quest XI.
:silver: Silver: Spider-Man.
:gold: Gold: Astro Bot: Rescue Mission
:platinum: Platinum: God of War.

Honorable Mentions: Déraciné, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, Shenmue

Worst games I played:

:bronze: Bronze: N/A
:silver: Silver: 3 on 3 NHL Arcade - I never liked this, I got it to play with my fiance years ago and we rarely did. And trying to get the trophies was a pain, but I did it. And somehow got the online trophies despite the person I tried to get it with not being able to connect with me. I guess some random fan fo the game was playing at that time and I connected to them. *shrug* But 100% after 8 years.
:gold: Gold: Everybody's Gone To The Rapture - It's not a game, but I'll put it here. Awful trophy list too.
:platinum: Platinum: ENERGY INVASION - worst game. I hate it. I want to destroy it. I wish I could make it disappear from existence. How do you ruin a brick attack game? Sluggish controls, glitchy, ugly as hell, garbage. Literally the only game on my list I hate, and that counts games that I grew to hate due to trophies and other things. At least they had some redeeming factor. Some commissioned artwork that looks nice [and unrelated to 100% of the game] doesn't make up for the game.

Dishonorable Mentions: Sound Shapes for that Death Mode... Scrabble for not having disc players able to play with digital...

My year was pretty great, I got a lot of old games done after multiple years.

* Sound Shapes [Plat+DLC]: 5 years, 7 months

* Saints Row: The Third [Plat+DLC]: 1 year, 4 months

* Galaga Legions DX: 5 years, 2 months

* Hydrophobia: 7 years, 1 month

* Jetpack Joyride [PS3]: 5 years, 11 months

* Spec Ops: The Line: 5 years, 8 months

* Pac-Man Championship Edition DX: 7 years, 1 week

* LEGO Dimensions [DLC]: 1 year, 10 months

* Dragon's Crown: 4 years, 9 months

* Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered [DLC]: 2 years, 6 months

* Uncharted 2: Among Thieves Remastered [DLC]: 2 years, 6 months

* 3 on 3 NHL Arcade: 8 years, 4 months

* Enslaved: Odyssey to the West [DLC]: 7 years, 6 months

* Monsters vs Aliens: 8 years, 9 months

I was also able to do a lot of new games pretty consistently, particularly more recently. Obviously despite really loving games like Shenmue/DQXI I have yet to finish them... that's how I roll apparently. And I got some games that were sitting there unstarted done with too. Like Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse, Counter Spy [thanks to the server shutdown], Furmins, MonsterBag. Literally preordered Mickey and have had it on my PS3 since it came out... lol. And am currently working on some of those old things too, like Disney Universe and Cars 2. The latter is not as old, it's more recent like Saints Row The Third.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

I had my best year so far.

I earnt 6656 new trophies.

:bronze: from 6156 to 8842

:silver: from 2609 to 4503

:gold: from 998 to 2845

:platinum: from 165 to 394

Trophy level went from lvl 43 to lvl 72.

My favorite games included spiderman, God of war and red dead redemption 2.

Worst games were skytime, dying reborn, hajwala drift and inksplosion.

• Like 2

I got 67 platinums in 2018, mostly fun, quick and easy games. Could have finished more games, but for another year a large number of my playing time was on TLOU factions, the Yakuza games and Samurai Warriors 4: Empires, games that i really love and got lost into them. For 2019  made a list of games that i "need" to finish to slim my huge backlog a little.

Best games I played:

:bronze: Bronze: Wolfenstein: The New Order
:silver: Silver: Yakuza: Kiwami
:gold: Gold: Horizon: Zero Dawn
:platinum: Platinum: Samurai Warriors 4: Empires

Honorable Mention: Until Dawn

Worst games I played:

:bronze: Bronze: Spiral Splatter
:silver: Silver: Starwhal
:gold: Gold: Hex Tunnel Touch
:platinum: Platinum: Little Adventure On The Prairie

Dishonorable Mentions: InkSplosion

• Like 1

Honestly, 2018 was not a great year for me personally as I had a lot of personnel issues to deal with, especially at the start of the year. Which is why I greatly reduce my playtime and trophy hunting time alot recently so I can focus on school work. Fortunately things are starting to turn around lately and I've been focusing on my completion rate instead of my platinum rate as I've just reached my 200th game on my account this year.

As for my progress this year, it is:

:bronze: Bronze Trophies: from 3,243 to 3,698 (+455)
:silver: Silver Trophies: from 695 to 842 (+147)
:gold: Gold Trophies: from 165 to 203 (+38)
:platinum: Platinum Trophies: from 34 to 44 (+10)

PSN Level: from 21 to 23 (+2)

Best Games I Played

:bronze:Bronze: Transformers: Fall of Cybertron

:silver:Silver: Far Cry 5

:gold:Gold: Burnout Paradise Remastered

:platinum:Platinum: God of War (2018)

:hidden:Honorable Mentions: Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice, Injustice 2, Assassin Creed Brotherhood and Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus

Worst Games I Played

:bronze:Bronze: Sonic & All-Star Racing Transformed

:silver:Silver: Yooka-Layee

:gold:Gold: Far cry 2

:platinum:Platinum: Watchdogs

Worst Platinum of the Year

Without questions that goes to Assassin Creed Unity

Best Platinum of the Year

I'll give this one to Mass Effect 2, though Uncharted 3 gets an honorable mention.

Edited by Pershing24
  • Like 2