Finish the ps3 version 100% or buy this one?

chiino82

Somewhat of a completionist here, i still own the ps3 version and need to get back to it one day to finish it.  Question is, do i perhaps hide that one from my list and buy this one?  Or do i persevere with the ps3 version which i believe is a lot harder than this newer version?  PS4 version looks absolutely amazing and kind of feel i'm missing out by not playing it.

Could always play both seeing as you already have the PS3 version on your profile. 

2 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Play the new one. Sounds like you want to and would regret not doing so. But why hide the old one? 

He said he was a completionist so probably related to completion rate 

9 hours ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Play the new one. Sounds like you want to and would regret not doing so. But why hide the old one? 

I would like to yes, it looks so gorgeous.  I don't need to hide it i guess, but just to be tidy.  I've only hidden 2 games, one that used the motion control and is unplayable with it therefore impossible.  The other is GTA5 on ps3.  Realised it was not possible to plat just after i started it.   So i will be playing the PS4 version instead.  

7 hours ago, black__bunny said:

Could always play both seeing as you already have the PS3 version on your profile. 

He said he was a completionist so probably related to completion rate 

I might just do that actually!  Working on finishing up Last Guardian now.  Don't know how soon i can jump back into another game similar with bad controls/camera though! 

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...

If someone reads this while thinking about going for the Plat:

As someone who did both:

The PS3 version is much harder. Hard time attacks were a pain in the a... BUT(T) It is a sweet feeling. And after I earned the PS3 Platinum, I flew through the PS4 version. The PS4 version felt like a cherry on top of the cake because I had earned the necessary skills with the PS3 version. The remake looks and plays so good.

If you haven’t started the PS3 version, just start with the PS4 version.

• Like 1