Mini Trophy Guide

Forewarning, some spoilers below

After screwing up my run and having to do a second play-through, I thought I would note down some tips to assist with getting the Plat. Hopefully someone finds this useful.

First and foremost the game can be done in one play-through, although I suspect that Swashbuckler will need to be done on a separate play-through on an easier difficulty.

To do this in one play-through you need to do the following 3 conditions:

- Play on honor mode

- Pick Fane as your starting character

- When you are on Lady Vengeance in Act 3 you will eventually start a fight against Dallis (this is where you earn the Seascape or Swashbuckler trophy). Make sure that Lohse is NOT part of your team for this fight. (Otherwise this screws up the 'Angel and Demon' trophy at the end of the game. I found this out the hard way).

There are 4 ending trophies. 'Risen', 'One For All' & 'Supreme Sacrifice' are simply three different dialog choices at the end of the game. 'Angel and Demon' requires a different path. Therefore the best way to do this would be:

- In the final act on Arx you will eventually receive an invitation to visit the doctor who lives in the mansion at the top right of the corner. This is usually happens after you finish one of the main quests (alternatively you can pass a persuasion test to gain entry earlier). Do not visit him yet.

- Go on to complete the chapter by finishing the trial of blood and gaining access to the final room. This happens after beating 4 minions and then needing to pull 5 levers to lower a barrier. You will know when you are in the right spot when it gives you a large warning that there is no going back. Here you need to make a hard save to a USB. (since in honor mode you only have one save slot)

- Visit the doctor. Don't make any deals with him. Kill him (obtaining trophy Doctor: Heal Thyself)

- Go to the final room at the path of blood for the final fight(s). Save the game (normal save, not a USB save) before finishing the fight.

- After finishing the fight, pick one ending for either 'Risen', 'One For All' or 'Supreme Sacrifice'

- Load your game, finish the fight and get another of the ending trophies. Repeat again for the final ending trophy.

- Load your game from the USB save.

- Visit the doctor again. This time make a pact with him.

- Go to the final room at the path of blood for the final fight(s).

- At the end of the fight you will receive 'Angel and Demon'

Most of the individual trophies are straight-forward and don't require much prep work, and are easily achievable with a little research.

Most can be researched here, although some of the information is a little light in detail: https://guides.gamepressure.com/originalsinII/guide.asp?ID=46229

I will however highlight some that trophies with a little more information that may help:

Also, I should note that from act 3 onwards you can respec your characters in any way you like using the mirror on the bottom floor of Lady Vengeance. You can do this as often as you like, without cost, until the end of the game.

Hammered: Griffon234 has a really good step by step guide for this in this forum. On a side note, one you reload your save after getting this trophy you should keep the death fog barrel in your inventory. It is very useful for the 'Cat Person' trophy

Seascape / Swashbuckler: These are story based trophies however they conflict each other. Although you can make a USB save before the fight, I have no idea how you can get Swashbuckler on Honor mode. Just surviving the fight is hard enough. Therefore I suspect that you will need to play this on an easier difficulty to get Swashbuckler (although someone will probably prove me wrong). On a side note, you can use Fane's Time Warp ability on Malady to reduce the number of turns you need to survive

Existential Crisis: Since Fane is your main character, select all of the [Undead] responses to correctly answer the questions

Infiltration: This requires Thievery level 5. You may need to respec your character, and even then may need to find an item with +Thievery on it since you may not yet have enough Civil Ability Points

Anathema: Choose not to kill Targquin when you first meet him on Lady Vengeance. After that you need the two pieces as highlighted here: https://fextralife.com/get-anathema-divinity-original-sin-2/

A Sheep in Wolf's Clothing: First of all, make sure you don't kill Saheila in Fort Joy. (It's unlikely that you will, however Lohse's personal quest can lead you into a confrontation with her). To get this trophy in Reapers Coast you need to rescue her in the sawmill without falling into combat with the sawmill npcs while she is in your party. The simple way to this is to simply kill everyone at the sawmill before speaking to her and rescuing her.

Technical Eggstacy: This is a grind since may of the eggs are non hostile (i.e don't show up as red dots) and are very hard to find with manual tracking. The best way is to use an AoE attack, such as Earth Quake, out of combat in every location where the eggs could be, to automatically target them and destroy them.

Chosen: Respec to have max persuasion before having the conversation with your team-mates. This conversation will happen automatically after entering the Academy in Nameless Isle (i.e just after the 'Serious Academic' trophy)

At the Cutting Edge: This can easily be locked out if your not careful. There is a guide here: https://fextralife.com/get-swornbreaker-divinity-original-sin-2/

However I will add my comments. After you find the tablet, 'use' it to learn the recipe. You then can give the tablet to either Ryker or Almira to finish their quests. You are encouraged to kill Ryker for another quest, so you can give it to him, kill him and loot it back. You can then give it to Almira however pick-pocket it off her immediately after to keep hold of the tablet. Apparently she may also give you a quest that also can unlock the trophy but I didn't want to risk it. And you can't personally craft the weapon without having the tablet in your inventory.

The Promise: This can be easily unlocked when you enter the academy in Nameless Isle, however only if you are undead (which is why we picked Fane at the start). However you should save the game first and reload (so that you are not part of the covenant) since it can lock out some of the ending trophies.

Puritan's Walk: In order of get this trophy you must have a 'pure' character take the test. Most likely anyone from your party will fail, however there is an easy method: Hire a brand new party member from the NPC on Lady Vengeance and have them do the test.

Cat Person: Arhu must survive this encounter, which makes this fight very difficult. If you saved the deathfog barrel mentioned in the 'Hammered' trophy then this is the fight to use it. Create a death fog using by destroying the barrel before the fight and teleport the hostile NPCs into the deathfog during the encounter to kill them automatically. (Note that it doesn't work on the boss).

It's possible without the barrel though, so don't stress if you don't have one. I didn't in my encounter in this fight.

For Honour: Good luck with this, this is the hardest trophy in the game. First and foremost, turn off automatic saves since otherwise the game can save at non-ideal times. You can cheese a lot of fights by using the turn based mechanics and the flee mechanic. For example with a character you can cast 'Living on the edge' on another character, flee, let the living on the edge cooldown reset and then either travelling back or using the teleport crystals to get back into battle. Even still, cheesing like this some of the fights are still very difficult. The fights for both 'Cat Person' and 'Doctor: Heal Thyself' stand out as very hard encounters.

Also in the final fight(s) of the game, you can 'submit' yourself via dialog choices before the first fight. That not only skips the first fight entirely, but it also means that you have allies in the second fight, making the encounter much easier.

I hope this post helps someone.

Cheers

There is a complete walkthrough to get everything on trueachievements, works perfectly fine for the PS4 version: https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Divinity-Original-Sin-2/walkthrough

As for Swashbuckler, I did it on Honour mode at lvl 8, but it took me many tries. I was running a 4 man party and I was using Sebille as an Archer, with Glass Cannon especially for this fight. Get her high up and let her do most of the damage. I used Red Prince as a Summoner, making sure he had 10 points in summoning through gear and also only there to buff the other characters. My main was Fane as a Necromancer, making sure he has Teleport, either through the gloves you get earlier or just by learning it. One of the most important things for this fight is allowing many enemies to gather in a single place, that way Sebille can use elemental arrows to deal AOE damage und Fane can use teleport to bring corpses to that spot and use Corpse Explosion for huge damage. Corpse Explosion is gained by combining any Pyro and Necro Skillbook. Both Fane and Sebille ideally have the Executioner Talent. Use your 4th character to crowd control the 2 enemies that have no physical armor, by using abilities like Battering Ram.

That achievement guide seems pretty decent, except that it incorrectly states that you need to do two play-throughs, one with Lohse as your main for Angel and Demon. You can do it with only one play-through so long as you don't have her in your team at all.

That's what I wish I had known before I started, and had to do a whole new play-through for that one trophy only.

Pretty nifty mini-guide. ?

Got stuck on Arx before I moved on to other games, but will definitely use this when I return. Unfortunately, it looks like I missed out on a lot of missables with Lohse in my part. Also, I started on Classic mode, so I may have to do more than two more playthroughs.

• 6 months later...
On 2019/1/1 at 2:23 AM, littlelostkiwi said:

That achievement guide seems pretty decent, except that it incorrectly states that you need to do two play-throughs, one with Lohse as your main for Angel and Demon. You can do it with only one play-through so long as you don't have her in your team at all.

That's what I wish I had known before I started, and had to do a whole new play-through for that one trophy only.

Sorry I am a bit confused. Did you mean not recruit Lohse at all or you mean not have her for a particular fight (as you mentioned in your mini trophy guide).

also by “not part of the team” did you mean leaving her at town or driving her out as a companion? (Not sure how to do that). Can you still use her after that particular fight?

You need to have her not available at all. After the second chapter (from memory) you get a point of no return in terms of your party members. She needs to be excluded.

If you have her available, then even leaving her out for that event doesn't help since the character you interact won't speak to you unless you bring her. That's even if she's died in a battle, since her body will still be resurrectable somewhere on the map.

• 8 months later...
On 7/21/2019 at 4:08 PM, littlelostkiwi said:

You need to have her not available at all. After the second chapter (from memory) you get a point of no return in terms of your party members. She needs to be excluded.

If you have her available, then even leaving her out for that event doesn't help since the character you interact won't speak to you unless you bring her. That's even if she's died in a battle, since her body will still be resurrectable somewhere on the map.

If Lohse joins your party in Act 1, but you don't bring her with you into Act 2 (I believe this is the point of no return for companions, meaning they die if you don't bring them with you to Act 2), can you still complete the Angel and Demon achievement later in the game?

On 3/31/2020 at 1:46 AM, hookem_98 said:

If Lohse joins your party in Act 1, but you don't bring her with you into Act 2 (I believe this is the point of no return for companions, meaning they die if you don't bring them with you to Act 2), can you still complete the Angel and Demon achievement later in the game?

There are only 2 ways of getting Angels or Demons.

- The first is to have Lohse as your main. However that will void the trophy 'The Promise' in the same play-through

- The second is for her to die at the end of chapter 3, where you fight aboard the Lady Vengeance. Before this fight you will have the opportunity to pick your party of up to 3 extra characters (plus your main, who you picked at the start of the game). Those characters you do not pick will die at the end of the chapter and you will no longer be able to use them in the chapters that proceed this one.

Therefore if you want to get all trophies in one go, pick Fane as your starting character, and make sure you do not pick Lohse as part of your team for the Act 3 fight aboard the Lady Vengeance.

Edited by littlelostkiwi
  • Like 1