2nd ps4 adding account trouble

melodicmizery

i bought a ps4 pro today and i have a few spare accounts im trying to add and having issues because the setup isnt as easy as ps3

i have my main screen name setup fine on the new system. but now i want to add some spares for when my friends come and game with me. i dont know wtf im doing. i log in on my name and go over to the power button on the xmb menu and i click switch user. im trying to add accounts ive already made. there is 2 options. create a user, and play as a guest. create a user seems to want to make me make a whole new screen name (am i wrong?) which i dont need. play as a guest added my spare name but it says after i log out all the data you created will be deleted? wtf is that? so everytime i log out everything will just be wiped out lol. isnt there a option anymore i can add my spare names and things wont get deleted? on ps3 all i had to do was click add user, enter the email and pw and boom it was saved.

2 minutes ago, RedMustang72 said:

Create user is correct, press next on the network screen and it'll give you the option to login with the account you want to add.

oh ok i kept creating a guest. so just to be clear if i pick create user i can add a old username. i was thinking since it said create it meant creating a whole new username and password from scratch

Just now, melodicmizery said:

oh ok i kept creating a guest. so just to be clear if i pick create user i can add a old username. i was thinking since it said create it meant creating a whole new username and password from scratch

Yeah, it's not worded too clearly, but create user, accept user agreement then press 'next' on network, it'll give you the option to sign in with the desired account details and it'll save the user thereafter.

• Like 1

ok i got it to work that was weird, when i was originally trying it it was taking me to a whole different screen telling me to pick a avatar and stuff. i restarted the ps4 and re tried it and create a user worked like it was suppose to this time. that was a friggen weird glitch i dunno why the heck that happened

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

ok i got it to work that was weird, when i was originally trying it it was taking me to a whole different screen telling me to pick a avatar and stuff. i restarted the ps4 and re tried it and create a user worked like it was suppose to this time. that was a friggen weird glitch i dunno why the heck that happened

PS can be a bit glitchy but it's also possible you were accidentally pressing skip instead of next on the network screen as skip will take you to avatars etc...   Glad you got it sorted anyway. :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RedMustang72 said:

PS can be a bit glitchy but it's also possible you were accidentally pressing skip instead of next on the network screen as skip will take you to avatars etc...   Glad you got it sorted anyway. :)

i think i might of been haha, thanks for the help. another weird thing i noticed is i can only play digital games on my primary device when using a secondary name. it locks me out of my games on the new ps4 on a secondary name. they really are sticking it to us lol. might have to transfer everything over

• Like 1

1 minute ago, melodicmizery said:

i think i might of been haha, thanks for the help. another weird thing i noticed is i can only play digital games on my primary device when using a secondary name. it locks me out of my games on the new ps4 on a secondary name. they really are sticking it to us lol. might have to transfer everything over

Primary accounts aren't very clear either tbh.   You need to activate an account as Primary on any given console to give access to secondary accounts.   So set your main account to primary and the digital content will unlock for all secondary accounts on the given console.   Note that you can have as many primary accounts on a console as you want, so any secondary account with digital content can be set to primary too, giving all other users access to that content as well.