What do you think of my platinums?

Thornhorn7

If you're happy with the games you've played and platinum trophies you have earned, that's what counts right?

As Terra has said, you've made a good start considering you've only been trophy hunting a couple of months.  As for fun plats on your profile, I'd recommend:

• Infamous Second Son
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Tales from the Borderlands
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Like 2

If I was doing the rate my plats thread, I would give you a 2/10 or 3/10 if I'm being nice. Mostly because you have a bunch of platinums that can be done in a hour. There's a big difference between a common platinum like Spiderman and a common platinum like My Name is Mayo. A plat like Mayo looks worthless in a collection IMO. Spiderman looks good though to me.

That doesn't mean you should stop or start over, it just means you should try for harder platinums to make your collection stand out. Ark Survival helps, but it's only one UR plat. You are also lacking in rare or very rare plats as well.

Here's a link if your interested in the thread I was talking about... It may be worth posting there every once in a while for an honest opinion. If it makes you feel any better, I'd give myself a 5/10. I have a lot of easy platinums, but I do have a few platinums that are unique, and I have several from different genres. However, I still don't have many hard plats or that signature one that people look at with a lot of respect (like a Super Meat Boy). At least, not in my opinion.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
Grammar
  • Like 2

My advice would be to not worry too much about platinum numbers, because it'll start a habit of playing crap games for easy trophies.

Would you really have wasted time and money on Slyde, Jack N Jill DX or My Name is Mayo if they didn't give you free platinums? Fair enough if you would, but I kind of doubt it. People aren't interested in seeing profiles full of stuff like that, and you could be spending your time playing games you actually want to play instead.

• Like 4

I agree with everybody else, the platinum's you got are very easy games and looking at your profile, you haven't put the effort into grinding. I'm going be a bit brutal, but honest as I have been gaming for 30 years, only been trophy hunting for a year. Spider-man is a good plat, it's standard to get and easy to do, perhaps do the DLC to get the 100%. A lot of your profile screams internet games, none of them really attempted to do, not worth doing, I got no respect for those type of games. You need to do a good grind on your games, while their is some games on their I haven't played, I would recommend playing on games you do find fun or attempt the harder plats. I would give it a 1/10 to be honest, maybe do some more JRPG's like FFXV you got, perhaps attempt a tales games. Here is a few games you should attempt to do, FFXV, fifa 15/17, GTA V, god of war 3, AC origins, red dead redemption 1+2.

Don't worry too much about what you got at the moment and focus on doing ones you enjoy and beef your profile up a bit. I'm the same level as you and I've only played 25 games with 12 plat's, and I think mine are easy plats. I give myself a 4/10 and I only got 1 internet game, marvel heroes omega and that will never be plat, as the game was pulled and it was crap. This is just a personal opinion on what I see, just play the games you enjoy and attempt to grind a bit more to get your games to 'A' rank at least. Then at least you tried, even if you don't get the plat, what one see, as an easy platinum to one gamer, maybe be difficult to another gamer.

I would have to agree with the rest, you don't really have many platinums and a lot of games with close to 100% but left incomplete despite having a bunch of easy to platinum games. The plats you do have are super easy ones which are gotten by the majority of players. I would rate your profile a 2/10 in pure honesty because of the number of incomplete games, despite getting pretty far into them. You also have many 0 and 1% games, which I assume are your backlog? I'd say being a bit more ambitious with playing until the end would improve your profile a lot more.

For starters, from your current library Spyro is a super easy platinum. Plants vs Zombies, Tokyo Jungle, Spiderman, Tales from the Borderlands, paladines, Ark Survival, Disc jam, NERO middle earth, and adventure capitalist are all fairly simple easy platinums that wouldn't take long to clear up. Also, maybe trying to 100% those almost there games would improve your overall completion %. You have 95% completion in Overwatch, I think that game is really worth platinuming especially since it's a fairly long one and that you are almost there. 

Sorry for being so critical and I understand you are new to trophy hunting. It wouldn't matter much if you have no interest in trophies and just play games for fun like many people do, but from a trophy hunter point of view honesty can only help one improve ?

As for other games that may be worth playing and going for the platinum, JRPGs are always good since although they take a long time they often aren't technically difficult. I'd recommend FFXV as it's a fairly easy platinum and takes about 50 hours, Atelier games (Sophie, Firis and L&S), Nier Automata, odin sphere, Okami HD etc. FFX if you feel daring but it's fairly time consuming.

Spend time on your backlog. Get rid of any 0% games, unless you are planning to play them. Also, try to avoid multiplayer trophies unless you are dedicated to getting them done the second you start the game (in case the devs decide to shut down the servers out of nowhere).

Once you have at least 50% completion, then we can talk about what games to go for (and possibly have fun doing it).

Edited by GarciaFever
  • Like 1

Get that completion rate up.

You have a LOT of games worth playing that you can finish. Assassins Creed Origins and Color Guardians I can spot right off the bat. Rayman Legends I hear is well worth playing through. inFamous Second Son and God of War III Remastered are great Playstation exclusives, I wouldn't advise ignoring those because they were a lot of fun when I played through them.

Your profile is what is according to some ears a "Trophy Whore", but instead of going that route to try to insult somebody based on their trophy hunting progress or skills (which doesn't mean jack shit anyway) try to complete more games. There are a few games I see that you may not be capable of finishing but I would definitely get the completion rate up.

I don't see anything worth mentioning other than Titanfall 2 and The Dwarves, which is a bit of an obscure one since I don't see that game too often. Spider-Man and Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor are both fairly easy games though enjoyable, maybe buy that DLC and finish it if you can.

Just adding my two cents.

Meh, I don't need to be said what everybody else says, the only games we both platted that wen have in common was Spider-Man and My Name is Mayo and that seems to be the standard for plat trophy hunters especially Mayo I'll admit, I can be a trophy whore sometimes when I do easy plats. Though to be fair, I legitimately enjoyed both The Bunker and Late Shift and I did also kind of wanted to see how bad My Name is Mayo and Mr. Massagey were. Just look

Anyway, you should try to finish your games. I understand not everyone enjoys every game and sometimes they stop playing when they see something off. For example, the moment I played both Bloodborne, Lego Harry Potter, and Yakuza 0, I was not enjoying it. The first 2 I deleted since you can delete 0% trophies and the last one because I used in a guest account for testing since there's a trophy for just starting the game. But it seems you have way too many games you left unfinished. 

Final note, delete 0% trophies. I don't think it looses your progress but it's a waste of space. You're better off not having it in your profile. 

Edited by ARH65512

On 02/01/2019 at 4:16 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

I would have to agree with the rest, you don't really have many platinums and a lot of games with close to 100% but left incomplete despite having a bunch of easy to platinum games. The plats you do have are super easy ones which are gotten by the majority of players. I would rate your profile a 2/10 in pure honesty because of the number of incomplete games, despite getting pretty far into them. You also have many 0 and 1% games, which I assume are your backlog? I'd say being a bit more ambitious with playing until the end would improve your profile a lot more.

For starters, from your current library Spyro is a super easy platinum. Plants vs Zombies, Tokyo Jungle, Spiderman, Tales from the Borderlands, paladines, Ark Survival, Disc jam, NERO middle earth, and adventure capitalist are all fairly simple easy platinums that wouldn't take long to clear up. Also, maybe trying to 100% those almost there games would improve your overall completion %. You have 95% completion in Overwatch, I think that game is really worth platinuming especially since it's a fairly long one and that you are almost there. 

Sorry for being so critical and I understand you are new to trophy hunting. It wouldn't matter much if you have no interest in trophies and just play games for fun like many people do, but from a trophy hunter point of view honesty can only help one improve 1f600.png

As for other games that may be worth playing and going for the platinum, JRPGs are always good since although they take a long time they often aren't technically difficult. I'd recommend FFXV as it's a fairly easy platinum and takes about 50 hours, Atelier games (Sophie, Firis and L&S), Nier Automata, odin sphere, Okami HD etc. FFX if you feel daring but it's fairly time consuming.

Thanks for the feedback (and everyone else as well). 

Unfortunately, the last trophy I need in Overwatch is extremely luck-based and I have played the specific hero you need to unlock it for over 10 hours (of in-game playing time). It's also really hard to boost. 

I guess I'll just have to keep playing until the odds are in my favour :P

I think the fact that you have the Titanfall 2 plat gives you plenty of credibility regardless of whatever else you have/haven't yet achieved in your new trophy hunting career so hats off to you for that. There are a couple of hard trophies in that game. I feel like my own trophy hunting career is yet to get fully going as, in the past I was predominantly an achievement fan but am getting more into trophies nowadays. I too need to add more prestigious completions to my card. I think it's good to mix it up. Play some good games and pad the card out with some "cheap" games from time to time. Hehe! ? Keep up the good work. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, soulinterceptor said:

I think the fact that you have the Titanfall 2 plat gives you plenty of credibility regardless of whatever else you have/haven't yet achieved in your new trophy hunting career so hats off to you for that. There are a couple of hard trophies in that game. I feel like my own trophy hunting career is yet to get fully going as, in the past I was predominantly an achievement fan but am getting more into trophies nowadays. I too need to add more prestigious completions to my card. I think it's good to mix it up. Play some good games and pad the card out with some "cheap" games from time to time. Hehe! 1f606.png Keep up the good work. 

Since I've only recently started looking at platinuming games, there are so many great games I already have that I haven't platinumed that I'm not sure where to start with them. And of course there are new releases...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's not about what we think of your platinums/trophy collection, it's about what you think of them/it.

You must play games that keep you entertain despite if they have easy plats. It won't hurt to raise the challenge once in a while though.

In my case, I have a few easy plats that I don't regret earning because I play almost all kind of games. On the other hand, I do love to conquer challenging games. I platted a few tough games and I have others on my backlog, Crypt of the Necrodancer is the one game I want and will have on my cabinet, I hope sooner than later.

If you are trophy hunter, my advice is to work on the games on your backlog, begin with the ones you like. If you are a completionist too, then you should start with the easier and/or the ones that aren't that grindy. You can also work on the grindier ones between other games' sessions.

If you are not a trophy hunter and only play games casually, then you should play games that entertain you.

Good luck.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...