The Best Films of 2018 (Including My Top 10 Best Ones)

Crzy Minus

Good read. I think the only movies I saw that came out this year were Creed 2 (really good), Tomb Raider (bad), Ocean's 8 (ugh), and Mile 22 (complete garbage). The sad thing is, for all the movies I missed, the only ones I really want to see are Mary Poppins Returns and A Star is Born. I can't bring myself to watch the Ralph sequel, and I'm not sure I need more superhero movies in my life.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OBSTINATIO said:

'Isle of Dogs' was definitely my favorite film 2018. My second favorite film was 'An Elephant Sitting Still', outstanding film everyone should watch. 
For someone like me who is watching movies basically for a living the year felt little weak overall. 

Just watched the trailer for An Elephant Sitting Still, I actually never heard of it until you mentioned it. The trailer itself looked very intriguing, definitely adding this one to my watchlist.

Thanks for the recommendation.

Also just checked the running time of the movie, around 4 hours long. God Damn.

Great thread again this year @Crzy Minus. It is one of my highlights on here each year. Thanks for the recommendations many I have never heard of.

Hope you get to Bad Times at El Royale, quite good. I see you like horror, there is a strange film " A Quiet Place " which while the story is so so the sound design and concept is quite interesting and well executed. 

Edited by Cjshai
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Cjshai said:

Great thread again this year @Crzy Minus. It is one of my highlights on here each year. Thanks for the recommendations many I have never heard of.

Hope you get to Bad Times at El Royale, quite good. I see you like horror, there is a strange film " A Quiet Place " which while the story is so so the sound design and concept is quite interesting and well executed. 

Thanks a lot and no problem! I will check out Bad Times at the El Royale someday if I can.

I did see A Quiet Place, I thought it was decent.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update on my 2018 list and thread bump since the Oscars are happening this week:

I updated the red list taking out the movies I’ve already seen. As for the main list itself, one of the movies I finally got to watch was Cold War just awhile ago and I decided to put it on my Top 10 at the #7 Spot. Taking out Infinity War and changing it as an honorable mention.

Also shout-out to both Shoplifters and Won’t You Be My Neighbour, those were good enough to be deserved to be mentioned.

Edited by Crzy Minus
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, fbdbh said:

Seeing that you placed Hereditary and Annihilation in the Top 10, you should watch Apostle, Hold the Dark and especially The Endless.

I have seen Apostle and Hold the Dark, but not The Endless (might check that one out).

I thought Apostle was really good, and Hold the Dark was just okay.

Edited by Crzy Minus