How much spent on gaming in 2019

gazdavis11

I think I average about 250 to 300 euro per year buying second hand PS3 games (about 3 or 4 each month), digital games during sales for PS3, PS4 or Vita and my PS+ subscription. A good portion of that is not even really my own money because I regularly use gift cards that I receive over the course of a year that I have little else use for. I am a patient man and will happily wait months for a game to go on sale on the store. I could surely afford to spend more, but I rather spend it on other things to be honest.

I don't expect this year to be an exception to the rule. I have fun with it and already own more games than I will probably ever complete.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb

Committed Purchases Payments awaiting to leave

From 01/01/2019

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown £44.00

Ionoclasts (PS Vita) - £24

Proteus (PS Vita) - £18

Kingdom Hearts III Deluxe Edition - £65 

Sub Total £141.00

Purchases so far 01/01/19

PS Vita

Lego Batman 3  £5.79

Lego The Hobbit - £12

Ninja Gaiden Stigma Plus Z - £15

Dead Ahead Zombie Warfare - £3.29 

DLC

Ni No Kuni II Season Pass - £10

Total 

£187.08 GBP 

Edited by DarkSoleride

So far this year, I've spent $1.37 on one game; LEGO Lord of the Rings, from eBay.  I don't intend to purchase much more this year at all.  Though...I would like to buy Cat's Quest 2, whenever it gets released, and I will happily pay full price for it.  So maybe one other game this year.

• Like 1

Latest January Update!

January 2019

1st Jan - 36 fragments of midnight (PS4) - £2.49

11th Jan - Dead Space (PS3) - £2.99

23rd Jan - The Raven Remastered (PS4) - £5.74

23rd Jan - Adam’s Venture: Origins (PS4) - £2.49

Total  £13.71

not bad for 4 games 

With the first month coming to a close, my expenses so far have been,

Sold games - 138€

Purchases so far

• Gwent: The Witcher Card Game - Free
  • Hand of Fate - Wildcards (DLC) - 1.49€
  • Get Even - 15€
  • Outcast: Second Contact - 18€
  • Assassin's Creed Origins - 19€
  • Syberia 3 - 17€
  • Guns Gore and Cannoli - 3,99€

Current total = -63,52€

Edited by voodoo_eyes
  • Like 1

For 2018, I rather not know... Likely over 3000€.. Since I got my ps4 pro, my brother's ps4 pro, his VR (technically I also sold both of our regular ps4, but I spent all that on games too) + several special edition... Ya, rather not know.. 

As for this year, about 180€ (KH3 deluxe + 6 used games) already.. Not a great start for me.. Still, I don't see a lot of games for me this year, so I may spend less than in 2018..

1 hour ago, voodoo_eyes said:

With the first month coming to a close, my expenses so far have been,

Sold games - 110€

Purchases so far

• Gwent: The Witcher Card Game - Free
  • Hand of Fate - Wildcards (DLC) - 1.49€
  • Get Even - 15€
  • Outcast: Second Contact - 18€
  • Assassin's Creed Origins - 19€
  • Syberia 3 - 17€

Current total = -39.51€

What is Get Even like? I keep seeing it on the store and 50/50 whether to purchase it 

1 hour ago, gazdavis11 said:

What is Get Even like? I keep seeing it on the store and 50/50 whether to purchase it 

I've yet to play it :P . I plan on trying it out sometime next week (well, whenever I'm done with Syberia 3 really). All I know is, that it's supposed to be some sort of hybrid of a survival horror game and fps. From what I understand the story and sound design/music are supposed to be good, while the gunplay is apparently subpar.  Either way, I'll get back to you once I have actually tried it myself.

• Like 1

@gazdavis11 in regards to Get Even. I've finished my first playthrough of i, which took about 9 hours (blind playthrough). First off, if you have issues with flickering lights and distorted images, skip this game.

When it comes to gameplay, it's mainly an intriguing detective story with a lot of evidence gathering (reminded me a lot of Condemned in that regard). As for the shooting, it feels tacked on. It has several stealth sections, which are optional as you can just shoot your way through them (affects teh story outcome if you do). It's also not survival horror by any means. Ammo ain't scarce and has some pretty weak jump scares. I'm guessing the horror comes more from some things being disturbing (not visually, but information that's on the notes you can find). The neat thing is that the game kind of fucks with your mind a bit in some instances.

Overall, I thought that it was a solid game that's worth playing. Might want to wait for a discount though, if you like the type of game that is.

Update

Sold games - 158€

Purchases so far

• Gwent: The Witcher Card Game - Free
  • Hand of Fate - Wildcards (DLC) - 1.49€
  • Get Even - 15€
  • Outcast: Second Contact - 18€
  • Assassin's Creed Origins - 19€
  • Syberia 3 - 17€
  • Guns Gore and Cannoli - 3,99€
  • Yakuza 0 - trade (got it for Strange Brigade)

Current total = -83,52€

Edited by voodoo_eyes

I've splashed an embarrassing amount on retro games this week let alone the year. I took my lost collection to heart, now I'm making up for it but damn I swear collecting is getting exponentially more expensive every year.

In years past...this topic would be a nightmare.

So far:

January 2019: $0. 

I've bought nothing this year (Thanks backlog!). 

I'm expecting my numbers to be at record lows thanks to decreased game time (married/kids) and being smarter with my money and not buying games at launch if I'm not ready to play them. Currently got a huge backlog and the last full price game I bought was RDR2. Plenty of good games I need to acquire/play that have been out for a bit and nothing yet has gotten me to pull that purchase trigger. There are some great looking up coming games though.

$115 Metro Exodus digital gold edition.

Think that's all so far. ?

I try to not buy more than 10 games that are released on the year. Example, if I buy 50 games, only 10 can be of release date between Jan 1 and Dec 31 of said year.  Bought many last year but only 8 were 2018 releases.

Latest Update

January 2019

1st Jan - 36 fragments of midnight (PS4) - £2.49

11th Jan - Dead Space (PS3) - £2.99

23rd Jan - The Raven Remastered (PS4) - £5.74

23rd Jan - Adam’s Venture: Origins (PS4) - £2.49

February 2019

14th Feb - Homefront Revolution (PS4) £2.99

Total  £16.70

Edited by gazdavis11
  • Like 1