« Home comforts » buggy ?

djippps

Hello,

I bought : (current patch: 1.05)

- 3 improvements for the pavilion (helping the regeneration of the kernel), 2 with dollars, one with gold (yes, the guide on psnprofiles).

- 5 flags, all with dollars, no gold (I have 6 in the list, so the first flag is taken into account).

- no other improvement (Cripps or other stuff)

But the trophy did not pop. Am I alone in this case?

Anyway be careful about this trophy. Maybe it is best to buy nothing before the next patch.

Edited by djippps

- I restarted a new session. The trophy did not pop. 

- Before buying my flag, I have changed the location of my pavilion. Maybe it is the reason for my trophy not popping (so do not do that! ?)

- I sent a request to Rockstar Games support. I will give news in this thread  if I get some useful (or desperate) info info from Rockstar support.

Here are the news: 

1. The lady from the support told me only to shut down the ps4, remove the power cables, wait 30 seconds and then put again the power cables and restart (in order to clean the cache memory of the ps4). It did not solve the pb. I wrote back in the ticket, waiting now for her new answer.

2. @melodicmizery: Yeah I read that using gold for the camp was a bad idea (on the psnprofiles guide made by @NCSFan001 and his team) but only locking the purchase made with gold, not other purchases made after (which would be ... annoying). If one purchase with gold locks flags as an improvement, it would be good to know. Do you have some reference of webpage?

28 minutes ago, djippps said:

Here are the news: 

1. The lady from the support told me only to shut down the ps4, remove the power cables, wait 30 seconds and then put again the power cables and restart (in order to clean the cache memory of the ps4). It did not solve the pb. I wrote back in the ticket, waiting now for her new answer.

2. @melodicmizery: Yeah I read that using gold for the camp was a bad idea (on the psnprofiles guide made by @NCSFan001 and his team) but only locking the purchase made with gold, not other purchases made after (which would be ... annoying). If one purchase with gold locks flags as an improvement, it would be good to know. Do you have some reference of webpage?

Yeah that #1 fix may work on the Xbox360 due to how it does achievements. On any Playstation system no trophy will ever pop through methods like this.

Basically your options are to wait if they ever fix this, try buying more camp stuff and hope it unlocks or delete your character and start again.

• Like 1

You cannot use Gold at all. Some people were lucky and they only had to buy one more upgrade while others couldn't get it to work at all and eventually resorted into creating new online character.

Older thread about this issue: 

Btw. when you were clearing cache, did you also hold R1+L1 while the console was booting up? https://support.rockstargames.com/articles/115015433528/Clearing-the-Cache-on-your-Console

• Like 1

Hey, thank you @IDiivil and @HusKyCode both for your constructive answers: ?

- yep the lady forgot the L1+R1 command - Good remark! - but anyway it did not work.

- The second answer I got today from Rockstar support gave me 2 alternative methods which were not successful (to immediately break the suspense ... ?):

Method 1: Reconstruct the data basis of the ps4 by going into the "without failure mode" of the PS4

Method 2: Dissociate the Social Club account and the psn id (which are linked through the Social Club) and then associate them. It seems to be a good idea because @EphemeralEcho  noticed that the trophy progression gave 80% (and I have the same thing). Maybe sth with the Social Club could block the popping. But that would be really weird.
Anyway, I am now Lv. 40, so I am going to finish to grind the last mp trophies in the base game. I really hope the developers will do sth about that because it is a complete mess (since we cannot create several characters in parallel for now). My main hope is that this bug is going to be fixed in the next patches, keeping fingers crossed!!  

PS: I am going to write to @NCSFan001 that this trophy is really glitchy for now in the comment sections of his guide.

• 4 months later...

Hey, I finally solved my issue : "Home Comforts" has not popped when it has to be. Here is the sum up of the initial situation:

On 01/01/2019 at 0:14 PM, djippps said:

I bought : (current patch: 1.05)

- 3 improvements for the pavilion (helping the regeneration of the kernel), 2 with dollars, one with gold (yes, the guide on psnprofiles).

- 5 flags, all with dollars, no gold (I have 6 in the list, so the first flag is taken into account).

- no other improvement (Cripps or other stuff)

What I did (with the first patch associated to the end of the beta version, date May 14, 2019):

1. I focused on other trophies and saved a lot of money since I wanted to try this strategy: When I try this trophy, I will stay in the menu and buy everything from the cheapest to the more expensive with dollars till the trophy pops. 

2. I bought

1. The last 2 flags : no pop
  2. A new appearance for my camp "The life of wanderer" or sth like that (in French: La vie de vagabond) and it popped (finally).

Yeah so this is really weird, but it worked. 

I hope it can help other players who could encounter the same issue. 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello there,

I had the same issue and I believe the key is on YROSHIKU post, you need to buy one of each if you ever buy anyhing with gold.

I got the first flag, pay it in gold, bought every flag and nothing. Then bought a theme, a costume, a dog and a tent and got the trophy.

Hopefully it helps someone in the future

• 8 months later...

A couple months ago I bought a tent with gold, so I was worried the trophy would glitch on me. Today I bought 4 flags in different colors using cash, and the tophy popped normally. So either they fixed the weird bug or it's something else that's affecting the people who are buying stuff with gold. 

Edited by flugurnarrr