3XP events in june, 2XP every wednesday

lhardwood

10 hours ago, TwoThirdsSoul said:

I agree, Rank 50 on RDR2 is certainly less of a pain. Especially if you just hip-fire assassinate cops at the top of the first ladder next to the bank in Saint Denis... That didn’t take too long grinding that out. I’ve got the 70 gold missions to get as well as the 100% in story mode left, but they are quite enjoyable.

Done with BF2, got the plat finally this evening after about 5 hours of HvV. Some games the grind can still be fun, and they don’t spoil your enjoyment of the overall game experience. Not BF2... Screw that game. Uploaded my save and deleted the game almost instantly! Don’t think I’ll be going back to that...

I'm rank 27 or so in RDR2, too. I just need to keep pushing with the grind on that last mission and then just start collecting the medals through Replay but I am unsure as to whether it would just be best to start again on a fresh save for the gold medals or not. How long did it take you to get to 50 using that method?

I'm rank 48 now, gonna get my platinum today before the end of the HvV 3x.

2 hours ago, McDermottx94 said:

I'm rank 27 or so in RDR2, too. I just need to keep pushing with the grind on that last mission and then just start collecting the medals through Replay but I am unsure as to whether it would just be best to start again on a fresh save for the gold medals or not. How long did it take you to get to 50 using that method?

Hit 41 late last night, hope I can make it before midnight.

47 minutes ago, McDermottx94 said:

You've got this in the bag if you just keep pushing. I managed to get my 50 just about 1 or so hours ago - super happy to be done with it. I'll start grinding more RDR2 later or tomorrow!

I'm getting around 30k ish on average, just taking forever it seems haha.

8 minutes ago, VaughnJohnson said:

I'm getting around 30k ish on average, just taking forever it seems haha.

It honestly does feel so tedious after sometime. I was getting about 1-2 ranks and then taking a few minutes break but that probably isn't possible considering you only have until midnight!

4 minutes ago, McDermottx94 said:

It honestly does feel so tedious after sometime. I was getting about 1-2 ranks and then taking a few minutes break but that probably isn't possible considering you only have until midnight!

The plus side is there's triple xp for other modes this month so I'm not too worried but still, this is good headway. 

7 minutes ago, VaughnJohnson said:

The plus side is there's triple xp for other modes this month so I'm not too worried but still, this is good headway. 

I agree with you about the other modes but I just started this weekend and went from 0 to 35. Went to check out a standard galactic assault match and ended up with 1000 as opposed to 40000 on Hvv went straight back to triple xp then!

2 minutes ago, AUSTRALIANDJ said:

I agree with you about the other modes but I just started this weekend and went from 0 to 35. Went to check out a standard galactic assault match and ended up with 1000 as opposed to 40000 on Hvv went straight back to triple xp then!

Oh definitely, I guess I'm trying to ease the pain if I don't get to 50 by midnight.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ElliotSmithy said:

I am on 43 now but going to give up soon, I have gone up 5 levels so happy for now. Need to get 2 other trophies to which are the sniper headshot and sentry one are these easy enough? Might try them next weekend when triple xp is back :)

The sniper one is rather decent - just play normally and you will get it without too much trouble. I played Strike to get that and the Sentry trophies.

7 hours ago, VaughnJohnson said:

Yeah, unfortunately from what I remember you’re probably better off playing HvV at 1x than the other modes at 3x. 

• Like 1

I went from Level 26 to Level 30 and it was all I could stomach, lol.  Granted, I was not around a lot this weekend and it was a good sports weekend.

I tried different characters to break up the monotony some, probably hurt with my XP some as I had to learn the special abilities again.  Captain Phasma can rack up a lot of assist kills (better in smaller maps) with that droid thing.

i have some misc trophies left anyway, and unlike the first Battlefront, it is unlikely I plat/100% this.  There is just something lacking about this game.

I may give it a run if they do a 5 times XP weekend but until then....

Man, they were not kidding around - that thing ended EXACTLY at midnight. I started a game at 12:02 and it was gone. 

I guess 16.5 levels (26 to 42.5) is pretty good for one weekend, though. I’m going to be gone next weekend but I’ll give the third triple XP weekend a try to see if I can do any good. I’m terrible at starfighters, though, so I might be better off waiting until the next 2x weekend or something. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, djb5f said:

Does the XP needed to go up each additional level keep increasing all the way to 50 or does it max out at a certain level (what is needed to move to the next level)?

Once you get into the 30’s it levels off at just over 245k per level, and as far as I can tell it stays there all the way to 50. 

• Like 1

On 06/01/2019 at 0:49 PM, McDermottx94 said:

I couldn’t honestly tell you how long it took to grind it out to lvl 50 in RDR2 in total, but I was raking in about 7,000 to 8,000+ XP per hour using the method described above. This was based on killing a cop roughly every 15 seconds on average. However, sometimes you’d get them coming up more frequently.

On top of the normal 5 XP for a kill, you’d get 10 XP for hip fire kill and another 10 XP for an assassination. That gives you 25 XP per kill, and all you have to do is basically stand in one place and time your shot as they stand up from climbing up the ladder. Use “special ammo” (such as split point which you can get the recipe for I think at lvl 28), or express ammo (from lvl 31), and you get given another 5 XP per kill giving you 30 XP per kill total. 

Obviously your honour will tank-out as you kill the cops, but I couldn’t find a quicker way, and I got bored trying to level up “naturally”. 

The other thing to do is reset your “gold buckle” awards immediately after receiving them. You can then earn the XP for them all over again. They make a big difference using this method. You get XP for kills with weapon type, execution kills, time spent wanted etc. They all add up and make a big difference. I’d say I was levelling up every 25-40 minutes using this method (depending on existing rank).

16 hours ago, VaughnJohnson said:

I was able to get to 108k away from 50, was sooooooo close 1f62d.png

That’s probably close enough not to worry about too much. Even on HvV without XP multipliers you can probably knock that out in less than 8 matches.

• Like 1

Level 44 now going to give extraction a go thanks for tip, I have only really player trooper modes a few times so will probably suck. Mainly play hero's vs villiams was trying to save credits for new hero's but accidentially bought a stupid 20k crate when trying to open a daily one :(. Going to try rank up a little and get the sniper and sentry kills out of the way leaving level 50 within reach :)

1 hour ago, lhardwood said:

Next event starts tomorrow. This time its troopers only in strike, blast, extraction. To get most xp out of it, I can recommend extraction. It has shorter rounds with objective score, but it has only 2 maps.

How much xp average do you get for extraction when x3? I haven't played anything other than HvV in a long time and took a long break off of that as well so completely forget what amount of xp I'll be looking to get. I only played the HvV 3x xp for the last day and a bit since I heard about it late and had to reinstall the game with sub par internet so I only went from level 30 to 36 with that, hopefully I can reach 50 with this event and the next weekends one as well.

9 hours ago, Bailey97 said:

How much xp average do you get for extraction when x3? I haven't played anything other than HvV in a long time and took a long break off of that as well so completely forget what amount of xp I'll be looking to get. I only played the HvV 3x xp for the last day and a bit since I heard about it late and had to reinstall the game with sub par internet so I only went from level 30 to 36 with that, hopefully I can reach 50 with this event and the next weekends one as well.

Depends on the length of the round and how good your team is. It can be over after 5 minutes if your team does not play the objective. In a full round you can get about 15-20k XP ( normal multiplier ).

• Like 1