online is so empty

crazy95

Yeah I played the original game on PS3 for years with my friends and there were always people playing. It seems like a lot of people got the remaster, played the heck out of it for about a month, and then moved on. Burnout Paradise is great and all, but it is a decade old now and I think ultimately a lot of people just want a new Burnout =/

• Like 3

The sad irony is that the PS3 version is still pretty active. I've been able to join in lobbies of 8 players pretty easily the past few months. If you catch it at the right times over the weekends you can find several open rooms and some of them have 6-8 players already in them. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, cris3f said:

PS3 and Vita games don't require PS Plus to be played online. That's very important to lots of people that's why you'll find quite a few games where the lobbies are full or there's lots of players at specific times (evenings, weekends, kids vacations).

Of course we can count on the magnanimous actions of the always wonderful Sony to close the servers of the remaining ones as soon as they notice that...

Why would Sony close the servers on a game they don't own the servers for, that falls to EA.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I see busy lobbies and have played with gamers from the US.  But the question is, are they there to do trophies or just play to have fun.  I have been joining full lobbies and the problem is that they are not interested in the Wildcats Stadium 8 player trophy.  I just feel bad for those that kind of beg for others to participate and they just are not interested. 

I tried helping out by joining but there is no point when there is only 2-3 of us willing to participate and then there are others who just like doing take-downs for fun.  I got this trophy doing the single player-offline method.  It is the 10 mile BIKE trophy which requires an 8 player lobby is what I find hard to do the most.  No one does bikes! I start my own lobby and it is hard to keep the same 8 players in there.  A lot come and go when they find out we are doing bikes.

As for FREEBURN challenges and stuff, I got them naturally playing online with random folks.  So I would not say that online is totally dead.

EDIT: 16.01.2019 

Finally got the 10-mile on a BIKE trophy this afternoon in a random public lobby. I got lucky - for the second time around I guess as the same lucky thing to me on the PS3 back in 2011.

EDIT: 18.09.2023 

A shit, here we go again...  Started playing the NA Remastered version - almost five years later and I am start to wonder if I will get lucky again for the third time.  I am pretty sure the game will be much more dead online the older it gets.  So I might as well bite the bullet now and hope for the rest.

Edited by Eispan
... wish me luck!

1 hour ago, holland046 said:

Even the sessions made on this site are dead.

And when joining a session no one sends a friend request or accept the request I have send.

Did everything i could with my dummy but the 10 mile on a bike seems the be the hardest to complete.

Just a heads up. You have EU version and I have noticed people with US version are a lot more active here in Burnout sessions.

Unfortunately, because of a limitation in PSNP sessions, you won't be able to directly join a session. Best way is to contact session owner via comment or directly via PSN.

I got my 10 miles bike trophy via US session which I joined unofficially through a comment.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Such a disapointment of dead servers here... I was just thinking I might should redo this game with the remaster. But living in EU with already dead servers and aim for this game maybe in 1-2 years later from today (when I done my backlog) isn't a very good idea maybe. Yeah like somebody else said. I assume people like to have a new Burnout. A Burnout Paradise 2 would been great if it came a *little* earlier. Sometimes I don't really understand why successful games never gets a sequel. Mirrors Edge could been great too if they didn't came up with a reboot like almost 10 years too late. I don't dislike Catalyst but I think it could been so much better. It's a failure if you ask me. Also many of us older gamers who played a lot of Mirrors Edge and Burnout Paradise on PS3 moved on with family and might not be any gamers anymore. 

On 2019-01-02 at 4:48 AM, Beyondthegrave07 said:

The sad irony is that the PS3 version is still pretty active. I've been able to join in lobbies of 8 players pretty easily the past few months. If you catch it at the right times over the weekends you can find several open rooms and some of them have 6-8 players already in them. 

You wrote this in Januari but I heard not too long ago they was about to close the servers for PS3. I'm pretty happy I did 100 % for the PS3 version like 5 years ago. Way too late for my sake but at least it been done.

Edited by A-Rebirth

16 minutes ago, A-Rebirth said:

You wrote this in Januari but I heard not too long ago they was about to close the servers for PS3. I'm pretty happy I did 100 % for the PS3 version like 5 years ago. Way too late for my sake but at least it been done.

That's correct, and now that the servers are going down, you can find a ton of people working on the DLC on the PS3 version. I wonder if the PS4 one will be more crowded once the PS3 servers are down.

• 9 months later...

UPDATE: Servers are active AF because Burnout is on PS+ double-discount atm (Europe). Bought and downloaded the game with my friend on monday and we played 3 hours from 11 PM to 2 PM. I started a lobby and soon the server was full of people eager to do challenges. There was even a Twitch streamer who flamed me if I didn't start a new challenge for a minute.
Meeting in Stadium wasn't a problem at all. I remember doing this trophy on PS3 by begging people to come to the stadium or I kicked them from the server if they didn't obey.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, cy1999aek_maik said:

How is the platinum so common if there are no people playing it? There's a trophy that requires 8 players to meet in a stadium.. I'm not making a point, I'm genuinely wondering as I have just started this game and I'm worried I won't find 7 other people to get the trophy with

Make a session on this site for that trophy. If online has become that dead, there’s got to be others that will want to join.

On 02/01/2019 at 2:54 AM, crazy95 said:

I almost was able to set a new record to 100% but the online is just empty. real shame cause on ps3 years ago it was alive for years 

Wow, how bro?! Well I guess I am just lucky.. I just started Burnout Remastered like two days ago and I already 100% every DLC in this s*** because the lobbies are full of players! It's so nice to see this great game alive.

• 1 month later...

I can confirm there are still a few active lobbies (Europe). I was able to get the '8 Players meet in the Wildcats' Baseball Stadium' trophy in a public lobby. I messaged the lobby creator if he could set up the 'all players in lobby meet in Wildcats' stadium' challenge, he did and all 8 persons in the full lobby completed the challenge. Before that I completed most of the freeburn challenges just by creating a lobby myself, wait a few minutes before someone joins and start a challenge. 

It's not dead at all.

In addition, I was able to do all the freeburn challenges in public lobbies. 

Edited by HansPatat050

• 2 months later...

There definitely seems to be some issues with the match making.  I remember with the original, I could choose "Freeburn Online -> Quick Match", and get into a game fairly easily. Every time I've done that with BPR, I've ended up in a lobby by myself and no one would join even if I waited around for a while. So I'd assumed no one else was playing.

However if I instead choose "Custom Match", it often shows a bunch of active games I could join.  Often a few of those games are 1/8 players, who I assume have tried to use the "Quick Match" option and ended up stranded in their own game.

• 1 year later...

The online is quite active. I've played with randoms, befriending whoever joins my games, and now i have all the Freeburn challenges! Don't be discouraged if you see only 1-2 open lobbies! Start your own one, wait for players and do some challenges, they will eventually come...

Edited by Lance_87
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
On 3/9/2023 at 5:22 PM, Lance_87 said:

The online is quite active. I've played with randoms, befriending whoever joins my games, and now i have all the Freeburn challenges! Don't be discouraged if you see only 1-2 open lobbies! Start your own one, wait for players and do some challenges, they will eventually come...

Its true.

I´m creating my lobby everyday.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Online isn't dead as such it's just that you need to have a little patience. Finished off the trophies I needed to Platinum the game in a couple of days - you might end up in a lobby with players who don't want to do challenges but just create one and people will join. I did the Wildcats trophy offline as it's quicker and you don't have to rely on 7 "strangers" to help you. 10 miles in a bike 8 person lobby is the one I'm having the most issue with.

FYI to do the Wildcats offline I used the Hunter Oval Champ and did the Wrecking Yard Road Rage event (get 20 Takedowns). Straight away I drove to the Stadium and drove around inside and after a while with the AI driving through the trophy popped.