From Software announcements

skinner49

Apparently, a couple days ago, it was announced they have 2 games in the works right now.

This year, most of the talk surrounding From Software was focused on the reveal of its new title, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (and, to a lesser extent, Déraciné). However, the studio behind games like Dark Souls and Bloodborne has apparently been even busier than it seemed.

In an interview with 4gamer (and translated by Gematsu), From Software's Hidetaka Miyazaki says that the company has two unannounced games in the works – though fans will have to wait a bit for any details. Apart from saying that the games would be in the style of From Software's previous work, Miyazaki did not reveal any specifics regarding either project.

Despite the lack of info, this leaves some interesting room for speculation. Maybe that Bloodborne sequel exists after all? Maybe another Souls game is coming? Or maybe there's a new franchise brewing? Whatever the titles end up being, From Software has a legion of loyal (if sometimes masochistic) fans eager to throw themselves at the challenge.  

• Like 1

I'd love a Bloodborne 2 and I'm sure that loads of folks would like another Dark Souls game, but I think Hidetaka Miyazaki already stated they weren't making anymore because they don't want to over-expose the souls brand.

I have a feeling that Sekiro is going to be more along the lines of a Ninja Gaiden X Tenchu style game, but what i'd love for their unannounced titles to be something science fiction and/or contemporary horror related, I reckon they could do some interesting stuff with those genres.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

Deracine will be a good departure from the Souls series for me (I want to play something new and fresh), but I know it won't sell well with a majority of gamers. Sekiro will essentially be Samurai Souls.

EDIT: I'm not surprised by the reviews on Deracine, considering how sheepish journalists are. If it isn't Souls, the West don't care. Unfortunately, I don't own the VR accessory, so I'm unable to play it.

Edited by thepeaguy

There are tons of Bloodborne 2 hints in Déraciné.  I actually hope they don't resurrect the Souls series.  They said they're done with Souls.  They should stick to it.  Another BB game would be dope though.  Hopefully with an even greater Lovecraft influence.  

@thepeaguy I would also support Déraciné if I had a VR.

On ‎1‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:46 AM, thepeaguy said:

Deracine will be a good departure from the Souls series for me (I want to play something new and fresh), but I know it won't sell well with a majority of gamers. Sekiro will essentially be Samurai Souls.

EDIT: I'm not surprised by the reviews on Deracine, considering how sheepish journalists are. If it isn't Souls, the West don't care. Unfortunately, I don't own the VR accessory, so I'm unable to play it.

For what it was Deracine was great and probs one of my favorite VR games.  It really makes you feel for the characters and the voice acting was beyond great.  

• Like 1