jemmie

2019's Ultimate Duo Plat Bash!!!

Who will win?!   25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?!

• Light and Darkness
    • Despair Duo

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 posts in this topic

Despair Duo gets my backing

Good luck to everyone! I see the first plat is already unlocked.

Good luck! I submitted my vote to Light and Darkness, both of you are pretty competitive and optimistic. :D

I have @DamagingRob as a friend on PSN and he's a certified Maniac when it comes to plats.

@Mesopithecus also has a good reputation of going for the harder plats.

Therefore,  you 2 get my vote... Pfff, it probably won't be close. :P

I'm betting on Despair Duo, time to crush hope :awesome: .

tumblr_mvea0bGgdY1slvyeio2_500.gif

Posted (edited)

Wow, wish I could trophy hunt like this. I have seen the names of Despair before, so let the Duos claim victory!!

Edited by Matrim_Drasgen

Posted (edited)

I like this event but it’s limited to strict players only.

You could do a tournament like this someday. Two or more players against another team. It would count every platinum from that year, but at the end of each month, teams with less points get eliminated. I would be interesting to cheer for more teams instead of... 2.

Edited by TurtlePM

8 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

I like this event but it’s limited to strict players only.

You could do a tournament like this someday. Two or more players against another team. It would count every platinum from that year, but at the end of each month, teams with less points get eliminated. I would be interesting to cheer for more teams instead of... 2.

Something like this was done before, except in singles. If I could find the thread, I'd link it. While that's an interesting idea, this is just meant to be a lighthearted competition among friends. There's no need to make this overly competitive by adding eliminations, but perhaps that's better suited for another event down the line.

In other news, everyone competing besides me now officially has their first plat of 2019 (some more respectable than others). I'm going for quality over quantity this year, so I'm not all that worried (especially since we seem to have an early lead :giggle:).

12 minutes ago, jemmie said:

In other news, everyone competing besides me now officially has their first plat of 2019 (some more respectable than others)

I know right!  Kent and Rob with those less respectable plats.  Good job you have me in here to keep the quality up :awesome:

I'll have you know those 0.05 points were hard earned B)

:platinum: #137: Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions 

1La7bbdd.png

My first plat of the event and new year! i remember playing and loving this years ago on the 360 and after recently getting GameFly decided to add it to my queue. By some stroke of luck they I managed to get it sent to me which was a shock considering it had been at low to no availability for weeks. At first I couldn't get into it and found it very outdated and annoying to play. However, the last week after learning how to do some of the combos necessary for the platinum ranks on the levels I enjoyed it a lot more and breezed though it in around 3 days. Looking forward to many more plats this year. Next up is Dead Cells! 

Enjoyment: 7/10

Difficulty: 5/10 

It took a few days, but I finally got my first platinum of 2019, Atelier Sophie. @Mesopithecus recommended that I start the series sometime, so I just picked a random trilogy to do. While a bit lacking in the story department, this was still a fun, lighthearted adventure with a plethora of interesting characters and countless events to keep me interested. Ironically enough, the alchemy portion of the game was my least-favorite part just because of how tedious it sometimes felt (especially when it took over four hours to make post-game equipment). It felt like it required over ten steps to get a single thing accomplished.

I noticed right before posting this that the guide for this game has a plus next to its guide time, so I now officially have the highest-scoring plat so far. It certainly isn't looking good for the Despair Duo right now! :giggle:

Ladies and gentlemen, we have reached double-digits! I just went ahead and got my second plat of 2019, UNIST. After playing UNIEL on PS+, I wanted to try this game out but wanted to wait until the price came down a bit. I forgot how amazing the music was in this series. I was even dancing during some of the easier fights. I'm also surprised that there was an actual story mode that went in-depth on the stories of all of the characters before the main game. I joke around with my friends at times that most arcade fighters have story modes that devolve to:

Spoiler

"Hey, I just met you,

and this is crazy,

but let me fight you.

Questions later (maybe)."

so seeing a VN-type story with no fights whatsoever was a nice change of pace. I also have some friends who have this game, so I'm sure I'll be playing this a bit post-plat.

Well, that's enough warm-up. @Kent10201 is (probably) working hard, so I should too. It's a bit early, but it's about time I send out my first Weapon of Mass Destruction!

Spoiler

unknown.png

I'm excited, yet slightly afraid.

4 minutes ago, jemmie said:

Well, that's enough warm-up. @Kent10201 is (probably) working hard, so I should too. It's a bit early, but it's about time I send out my first Weapon of Mass Destruction!

Hide contents

unknown.png

I'm excited, yet slightly afraid.

It's ok, you don't need to be slightly afraid... you should be very afraid :awesome: .

5 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

It's ok, you don't need to be slightly afraid... you should be very afraid :awesome: .

Nah, slightly afraid is about the level I'm at. Though I wouldn't be afraid at all if our team could get a sweet synergy bonus out of this. ;)

giphy.gif

Guess who just got the Battlefront II Plat? Not sure how many points that's worth, but I'm guessing quite a bit. 

On 1/6/2019 at 9:50 AM, jemmie said:

I noticed right before posting this that the guide for this game has a plus next to its guide time, so I now officially have the highest-scoring plat so far. It certainly isn't looking good for the Despair Duo right now! :giggle:

To quote a line I had to hear many times from Han Solo, while playing this: "Great, kid. But don't get cocky." :awesome:

19 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

giphy.gif

Guess who just got the Battlefront II Plat? Not sure how many points that's worth, but I'm guessing quite a bit. 

To quote a line I had to hear many times from Han Solo, while playing this: "Great, kid. But don't get cocky." :awesome:

Impressive.... most impressive😏

31 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

giphy.gif

Congratulations, and thanks! A year-long challenge isn't complete without a start-of-the-year point bomb, and I didn't feel like pretending that I didn't see that for much longer. I don't know about @Kent10201, but I tend to pull off much more magnificent feats when behind. I can already tell that this will be an exciting year. :giggle:

15 minutes ago, jemmie said:

Congratulations, and thanks! A year-long challenge isn't complete without a start-of-the-year point bomb, and I didn't feel like pretending that I didn't see that for much longer. I don't know about @Kent10201, but I tend to pull off much more magnificent feats when behind. I can already tell that this will be an exciting year. :giggle:

Thanks. :) And lol. Kind of hard to keep it a secret, not that I'd probably bother trying. Seen enough horror stories about unsynced trophies on broken systems in the dispute section.. This one only happened because of the triple XP weekend, or who knows when I would have played it. 

Also figured that was your reasoning for starting Mugen Souls Z. But we all have it from Plus, I'm pretty sure. ;) I can already picture @Wdjat Prinny Doods reaction, if we all started playing it. :lol:

4 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

Thanks. :) And lol. Kind of hard to keep it a secret, not that I'd probably bother trying. Seen enough horror stories about unsynced trophies on broken systems in the dispute section.. This one only happened because of the triple XP weekend, or who knows when I would have played it. 

Also figured that was your reasoning for starting Mugen Souls Z. But we all have it from Plus, I'm pretty sure. ;) I can already picture @Wdjat Prinny Doods reaction, if we all started playing it. :lol:

Nah, MSZ was pre-planned. Too many people joke about not wanting to touch this series, so I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. I plan on slowly playing it throughout 2019.

We don't have to worry about all of us starting it because I can't convince @Kent10201 to play it no matter how much I try. There are plenty of other synergy opportunities though, so I don't mind.

19 minutes ago, DamagingRob said:

We should all play MSZ just for that :awesome: .

@DamagingRob has activated my stand, Fool's Errand. Not only did he drop a point bomb, but he did it with my least-favorite series of all time, Star Wars. With this, my skills have increased ten-fold!

Spoiler

image0.jpg

BEHOLD! After over 40 multi-hour attempts and nearly five years, I have finally beaten Guided Fate Survival, one of the most challenging gaming feats I have ever completed. At long last, the hardest dungeon in this game has been vanquished! I may just make Guided Fate my 150th plat because of this.

2 hours ago, jemmie said:

but he did it with my least-favorite series of all time, Star Wars.

Kingdom Hearts, Star Wars. What other favorites from my childhood do you hate? Lol. At least DBZ and Batman seem to be things you like, so there is hope.

5 hours ago, DamagingRob said:

Kingdom Hearts, Star Wars. What other favorites from my childhood do you hate? Lol. At least DBZ and Batman seem to be things you like, so there is hope.

To be fair, I only jokingly hate Kingdom Hearts. I have no interest in the series, true, but I can't honestly hate something I know next to nothing about. My hatred for Star Wars, on the other hand, is legitimate and burns brighter than the brightest sun.

Spoiler

I'm actually not a fan of comics either, but so many of my friends like them that I needed to learn about a few of the more famous characters to keep up in conversation. That being said, I won't deny that a few of the games are moderately good.

While my skill-high is back around, I decided to take full advantage and unleash my new special technique, Challenge Cyclone! Beware as I hop from game-to-game, getting extremely hard trophies in preparation for the ultimate plat storm!

What better way to start our counterattack by going back to Mirror's Edge? In just two hours, I got the last three stars I needed to reach 50 time trial stars! I thought I'd be rusty (which is why I took such a long break), but I got back into the game surprisingly quickly. I may work on a few of the remaining chapter speed runs during what little time is left of my winter break, but only time will tell.