Planet RIX-13 -- My Thoughts

ibebrett

Evgeniy at 'Sometimes You' provided me with an early key for this game & I just got the platinum about an hour ago, so I wanted to let you all know what I thought of Planet RIX-13..

The average plat time for this game will likely end up being around 30 minutes.. and it is definitely an easy plat as well.. but most importantly, I found that I had quite a fun time playing it! There are a handful of missable trophies, but nothing a few strategic USB/cloud backup saves couldn't help out with.

For anyone who enjoys these old school 2D sidescroller games with puzzler elements, then you should definitely check this one out! I'm not entirely sure on the price at launch, but I would assume it'll be around $5.. and the release date is January 16th, 2019.

Here is the description I copied from the game's page on the Keymailer site:

" Planet RIX-13 is а 2D adventure, in which you play as a space explorer engaged in searching for planets potentially suitable for life. While scanning the next target, you lost control of your ship and had to make an emergency landing. Besides, it quickly became clear that you are not the first person on this planet. You need to find out what was the cause of the accident, and also to find a way to leave this planet and come back home. "

TL:DR - I really enjoyed the story and the survival-like feel of the game.. It plays a lot like Claire, which I also enjoyed.. but there aren't actually any survival elements in Planet RIX-13 (thankfully lol). The game was a bit short, so i actually found myself wishing the journey was a little longer. My playthrough clocked in around the 45 - 60 min range. Very well done game though! I can't wait to play it again on my Vita ??

Trophy-wise, this game definitely falls under the 'easy but fun' category!?

Edited by ibebrett
Additional thoughts added..
  • Like 3