BO4 Player Numbers

The game has only been out for 3 months.  Look at Infinite Warfare which is a few years old it has over 250,000 owners but I'm betting it didn't have over 50,000 on this site just 3 months after release.  Keep in mind this is a trophy/completionist website.  another factor that comes in to play is a lot of trophy hunters don't like zombies.  they are willing to sit through one map for a platinum but this game had 3 maps at launch.  Not to mention the difficulty for the Blackout trophies which scared some people off.  also, this game will have a zombies chronicles 2 release with potentially up to 15 zombie dlc maps in total before this game is finished, according to some rumors.  Nevertheless I bet in a few years this game has over 200,000 owners but i would say the lack of campaign will hinder future sales more than current so it may in fact be one of the least owned COD games when it's all over.

• Like 2

The stats on this website only track PSN accounts that it is told to track.
(You don't need to be registered to be tracked, you can put any PSNID into the box.)

So it's only showing about 1% of all PSN accounts.

• Like 1

This site is not very useful if you’re looking for player counts, dude. CoD sells decently every single year, regardless of it being good, bad or having no campaign, etc.. 

theres gonna be more players on this game than nearly any other game currently but this will fluctuate until the next CoD is released. CoD, BF and Fifa seem to be the kings of playerbase, year in, year out. Atleast in Europe anyway. Only other game that has a bigger count is probably fortnite, but that’s cause it’s free to play and has a solid advertisement set up.

From my experience, Black ops 4 is doing really well, even with the player base split between zombies, blackout and MP.

• Like 2

COD was indeed a sales monster. But you can not denie that the "hype" is over. I remember the the release of MW2 (2009), it even had a "game premier". Check you tube if you don't believe me. It was my first cod after i heard that modern warfare was so good. Those were the days that cod ruled the charts. 2010 Black ops, again a home run, 2011 MW3 homerun, 2012 BO2 homerun. 2013 COD Ghost homerun if you look at the sales. But then for me i had enough of cod. Bought in 2014 cod ghost for a discount and grinded the hell out of extincion. Then in dec 2016 i bought the ps4 pro with cod infinite warfare & mw remastered. Only played mwr. So now in 2019 i missed advanced warfare, BO3, WWII, and BO4. The bigger they are the harder they fall. It will never have such an impact as 10 years ago. Activision won't show player count in online lobbies. Thats a huge indicator, and the player count on psn profiles is a good example of a franchise going rusty. 

Edited by bartne
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...