level matchmaking incorrect

toaster6767

is anyone else getting matched with very high leveled players when you're nowhere near their level? i'm only level 11 at this time and i'm being matched with level 80's and 90's every match and it is very frustrating since im nowhere near their skill level. any help at all would be great, thanks!

On 03/01/2019 at 3:58 PM, Quikdrawjoe said:

Your XP level has nothing to do with matchmaking.  It's all skill based so the game is matching you with people around your skill irrespective of XP.  

This is right but also wrong. In quickplay you play with whoever regardless of skill or level. Im plat to diamond and have had multiple games where I have ran into Masters and GMs. Only competitive puts you against similar skill gap.

46 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

This is right but also wrong. In quickplay you play with whoever regardless of skill or level. Im plat to diamond and have had multiple games where I have ran into Masters and GMs. Only competitive puts you against similar skill gap.

There's a MMR system in quickplay as well.

Sure, you can be plat/diamond and find Masters/GMs in your quick play games, maybe they have that rank because they only play support in ranked and then they play dps in quick play *falling" into those hidden lower ranks, or they can be playing with premades, which have no limits in quick play.

But yeah, it's more than confirmed that there's a MMR system in quickplay that takes in consideration your skill, actually before you get into Ranked matches for the first time you start from that hidden Quick Play MMR, you can try that on your own with different new accounts. 

I'm a high Masters player and I literally know pretty much the entire list of players that I play with in every lobby, of course there are some exceptions sometimes.

However, I can tell there's a huge difference whenever I get into a brand new account (from a friend or just trying new roles), players are not even close at what I experience on my main.

Edited by Franciscoo-

On 1/4/2019 at 2:11 PM, lilpain97 said:

As other people have said, there's a QP MMR.  So actually it is based on skill even in QP, the range is looser but it definitely exists.