Question about "glitched" online trophies

BattleFeverC

Hi everybody,

A while ago, I read that a few of the online trophies don't unlock once the requirements have been met. They are the following:

*Any car will do - Earn 50 Kills with Each Vehicle in Online Ranked Games

*A la Mode - Win 10 Ranked games in each game type.

*Point, Shoot, Kill - Kill 100 enemies with every missile during Ranked games.

*Another Level - Win 10 Ranked games in each map. Map size does not matter.

I was wondering if those of you who have unlocked these trophies experienced any issues while doing so.

Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated.

So the only thing you really need to know; Most of the trophies themselves aren't glitched... but the means of how they are recorded are.

To bypass any issue with not getting credit - you have to make sure you host the lobbies - every time.

If you have 99 Kills with every Missile type from games you have hosted... and then join someone else's lobby... there is a good possibility you will lose ALL progress towards that trophy and will have to start over.

As for the trophies not unlocking when they should...  I believe the only one that may have had issues was the 100 Missiles one... Something to do with how the Rectile/Zoomies/SAT Missiles are calculated... just get 100 with each... and if it doesn't unlock go get 25 more with each... and keep doing that.

(It has been quite some time since I've gotten the Plat [4/17/2014] so all this just comes from memory... and lets be honest, memory fades as we get older...)

Hope it helps - Maybe someone else can come along and elaborate on anything I missed or was incorrect on.

1 hour ago, SwampGas said:

So the only thing you really need to know; Most of the trophies themselves aren't glitched... but the means of how they are recorded are.

To bypass any issue with not getting credit - you have to make sure you host the lobbies - every time.

If you have 99 Kills with every Missile type from games you have hosted... and then join someone else's lobby... there is a good possibility you will lose ALL progress towards that trophy and will have to start over.

As for the trophies not unlocking when they should...  I believe the only one that may have had issues was the 100 Missiles one... Something to do with how the Rectile/Zoomies/SAT Missiles are calculated... just get 100 with each... and if it doesn't unlock go get 25 more with each... and keep doing that.

(It has been quite some time since I've gotten the Plat [4/17/2014] so all this just comes from memory... and lets be honest, memory fades as we get older...)

Hope it helps - Maybe someone else can come along and elaborate on anything I missed or was incorrect on.

Thanks a lot, this info is very helpful! Sounds like I have a lot of boosting to do before the server shutdown on 1/31/2019.

20 hours ago, SwampGas said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this mean that if I boost the trophies with other players, do we all have to take turns hosting matches in order for the wins/kills to count towards the trophies?

If so, it sounds like this is extremely time consuming, I'm not sure if I have enough time/patience to sit through so many matches considering the requirements:

*10 wins on 8 maps each

*10 wins for each of the 7 game modes

*50 kills with 17 cars each

*100 kills with each of the 5 missile types

And every player would have to host the matches until their trophies unlock, then we switch to another player hosting, and so on and so forth?

In the best case scenario, I would need to boost with 2 other players (all using splitscreen) who would have to be extremely helpful/loyal enough to sit through so many matches until ALL OF US have these trophies. With less than a month for the server shutdown, I don't know if I can do this myself let alone find 2 other players willing to put in so much time.

Edited by BattleFeverC

On 1/5/2019 at 10:44 AM, Frostezin said:

I bought the digital version and I managed to get all the trophies and most of the time I wasn't the host, I think if it counts on the statistics will counts towards the trophy as well. 

Did you keep track of your wins/kills for those 4 trophies?

On 1/4/2019 at 5:49 AM, BattleFeverC said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does this mean that if I boost the trophies with other players, do we all have to take turns hosting matches in order for the wins/kills to count towards the trophies?

You can't 'Take Turns' because as soon as you join/play a lobby that is not your own you will *potentially* lose all progress up to that point, you need to host your own games until you get what you are needing - at that point someone else could take over to get their trophy as well.

14 hours ago, SwampGas said:

You can't 'Take Turns' because as soon as you join/play a lobby that is not your own you will *potentially* lose all progress up to that point, you need to host your own games until you get what you are needing - at that point someone else could take over to get their trophy as well.

Judging from your explanation, I meant to say I would have to host all of the matches in order for my kills/wins to count for my trophies specifically and ensure my trophies first. If I boost with others, I would have to allow them to do to the same since they are all helping each other. Thus, we would be taking turns so to speak, first I ensure my trophies, then the next person gets all of theirs by hosting all matches, so on and so forth.

If this is true, this is extremely time-consuming and tedious. This means that my boosting partners and I would have to play a lot more matches for a trophy like "A la Mode" which requires 10 ranked wins of each game type including team modes. So team wins would not count even if I'm on the winning team? I have to actually win and be the host for it to count.

Another user that replied named Frostezin said they didn't always host their matches and their kills/wins still counted. So it seems there are issues with the game's stat-tracking. Regardless, I will start boosting later today and see what happens.

2 hours ago, BattleFeverC said:

Judging from your explanation, I meant to say I would have to host all of the matches in order for my kills/wins to count for my trophies specifically and ensure my trophies first. If I boost with others, I would have to allow them to do to the same since they are all helping each other. Thus, we would be taking turns so to speak, first I ensure my trophies, then the next person gets all of theirs by hosting all matches, so on and so forth.

Exactly, that's what I did.

If this is true, this is extremely time-consuming and tedious. This means that my boosting partners and I would have to play a lot more matches for a trophy like "A la Mode" which requires 10 ranked wins of each game type including team modes. So team wins would not count even if I'm on the winning team? I have to actually win and be the host for it to count.

Not sure how they would have to play more if you are doing the same thing for them as they did for you.

Another user that replied named Frostezin said they didn't always host their matches and their kills/wins still counted. So it seems there are issues with the game's stat-tracking. Regardless, I will start boosting later today and see what happens.

He either is very lucky or... well just lucky. I personally had all my missiles finished except power (maybe - remember it was just 1 left), and lost all progress.

Best of luck to you :)

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/01/2019 at 11:20 PM, Ghanupher said:

I've been the host and joined other people's lobbies. Not unlocked a single trophy yet, but I haven't met the requirements for them yet either. So I'm basically screwed?? Have to start ALL OVER AGAIN!!?? Hope not.

You'll probably be fine. I took turns hosting with my boosting partner and we both got every trophy exactly when we expected. I think the most important thing is to make sure the person working on kills is hosting.

35 minutes ago, mekktor said:

You'll probably be fine. I took turns hosting with my boosting partner and we both got every trophy exactly when we expected. I think the most important thing is to make sure the person working on kills is hosting.

But I did kill also when not hosting!

I'm screwed? Have to start again?

Do I need to delete my save file or can I just host the forthcoming sessions and start counting from that point forward?

Thanks in advance.

3 minutes ago, Ghanupher said:

But I did kill also when not hosting!

I'm screwed? Have to start again?

Do I need to delete my save file or can I just host the forthcoming sessions and start counting from that point forward?

Thanks in advance.

I'm not an expert or anything but just from what I've heard, you might need to repeat the kills you did when you weren't hosting. Just keep going and deal with that if it happens. If your trophies don't pop you would probably just have to go through each missile/vehicle/map/mode again which could get messy. So take note of which kills you know for sure you were hosting from now on, and what they counted for so you won't have to repeat all the kills at least.

2 hours ago, mekktor said:

I'm not an expert or anything but just from what I've heard, you might need to repeat the kills you did when you weren't hosting. Just keep going and deal with that if it happens. If your trophies don't pop you would probably just have to go through each missile/vehicle/map/mode again which could get messy. So take note of which kills you know for sure you were hosting from now on, and what they counted for so you won't have to repeat all the kills at least.

Yeah, I wrote down on a separate sheet what I got w/o being the host. So I hope that, given the case scenario that the trophies don't pop when they should, at least I can start from where I left off being the host rather that starting again from scratch.