Does this game really deserve all the hate??

waterfields1

2 hours ago, Quink666 said:

If you wait a while longer the price will probably drop even more.

Hmmmmmmmm Elgiganten 299

2 hours ago, LucyTifaErza said:

The Game is From EA so What do you expect that People Love it lol and take a look at FIFA 

1 hour ago, Corrosivescott said:

I think it's fun with friends, I don't think I would play it alone. EA has made so many mistakes over the last few years with there big titles that I think its starting to catch up with them a bit. 

The game overall looks great though and plays like one of the best shooters I have played.

I have even put up a few videos of battlefield V on my youtube, I mean this video here alone shows just how cool and realistic it can be.

Thanks for the input!

Watched your vid, seems cool!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Erkawest said:

Hmmmmmmmm Elgiganten 299

Found it preowned for 250:- on blocket.

Since there is no real need to buy it brand new that might be something for you. No codes that come with a new copy of the game are really needed.

Only other reason i can think of getting it now might be that the population might drop in a few months, but there should still always be enough player to get trophies and enjoy the game.

I got it for 300 during the christmas sale and was fairly dissapointed with the game. Especially the campaign.

Remember all the cool mission in BF1? The tank levels, air plane levels?

Well you won't get any here. There might be some later in the war stories that gets released post launch.

Personally I am enjoying the game so far, after only having it for a few days. The only issue I can see is the lack of content both offline and online, as others have said I am thinking the support for this game is going to be be fairly minimal. I'm not complaining about what is here though, I got it on sale so for around 25 USD so I think I've gotten my money's worth.  

Honestly, as much as I want to shit on it, it's not really all that bad of a game at all itself. It's kind of more of the same, a few setbacks here and there but some improvements elsewhere, kind of a standard progression for the BF games tbh.

Unlike a game like FO76 which is actual dogshit and a PR disaster, this games hate is more solely down to a PR disaster but being an alright game itself.

For me, I had my fill of Battlefield lately with BF1 when it was given out in a massive ass sale and gave lots of free stuff etc. so BFV isn't something that interests me personally, but I think for anyone who enjoys the games it's worth giving a crack, don't let some dumb PR and the widespread hate towards all things EA let you miss out on something YOU might enjoy your time with, you're only hurting yourself that way, you're not gonna kill EA any time soon (sorry to say). Always prioritise letting yourself enjoy the things you enjoy, stop sweating on the politics of the industry and crap that representatives of the companies say, all it does it leave you miserable.

I hate lootboxes for example, with a burning passion, but if a really good game I enjoy happens to have lootboxes, I will complain about it, sure, but I won't outright avoid playing a game I enjoy. I might have done so in the past, but life's too short to avoid doing the things you love out of some kind of 'principle'.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Corrosivescott said:

I think it's fun with friends

To be fair this isn't a good critique. I have been to speed dating events and insurance seminars with friends and had a great time. Not because those events were fun but because our clowning made it fun.

Anyhow, fuck EA for calling me uneducated. Fucktards.

• Like 4

Nah, it's quite allright. Not nearly as fun as BF1, which is my favourite, but far better than say COD WW2.

A couple of changes I really don't like:

- Time to kill is much shorter, so often you'll go from full health to dead before you have time to fire back, making aggressive playstyles less efficient than in BF1 - at least the way I play. K/D ratio is not near the one I had in BF1, and I play more cautiously.

- The new reviving is quite bad, IMO. Instead of the syringe in BF1, you'll have to lock into an animation that takes a second and a half and can't be done while prone. This means that you'll be quite exposed when reviving. This, in conjunction with the shorter TTK, means that people often seem to avoid healing players who are downed in the open in fear of being shot themselves, which in turn means that we die more often. 

On the other hand, squad revives are awesome.

Unlike in BF1, I really have no favourite maps here. I think they range from decent to bad, whereas I in BF1 thoroughly enjoyed Amiens, Argonne Forest, Ballroom Blitz and a few others. Fjell 762 can sometimes be fun, but other times it's just chaos, particularly if the enemy has got a good pilot. Rotterdam is fun if the B and D flags are shifting, but the area along the train tracks (between flags A, C and E) is just pure shit IMO.

All in all, it's a good game, but I still prefer BF1.

EDIT: There are a few glitches I just can't comprehend how they haven't fixed yet. Whenever I play with friends, I always start the first round with a black screen and have to spawn, press start, press down twice and redeploy before I get any visuals. And when you unlock a new weapon, you'll have to leave back to the main menu to use it, otherwise a message saying something along the lines of "your class is violating server rules" if you try to use it.

Edited by Bartoulum
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Visuals and audio are impressive, but the game is nowhere near as satisfying as previous Battlefield games. The in game currency system was screwed for a long time so we couldn't earn any playing matches. Only way to earn coin for months was by completing daily tasks and could only earn 300 a day! I can't stand how you die incredibly quickly. I had more fun playing in tanks and planes. Hated how some new gun assignments disappeared after a Chapter ended and you had the ability to waste a shitload of coin afterwards if you wanted it. Certain customization were completely locked out for ages. What pissed me off the most is how I couldn't earn 'The Last Tiger' skin even though I completed the task over and over. In game currency was fixed and some customizations were made available around the time I gave up, but those improvements weren't enough to keep me around. Some Battlefield games had me playing for years at a time keeping me from platting other games, but I dropped BFV easily. This game tripped and fell hard.

Edited by Death
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/4/2019 at 7:18 AM, waterfields1 said:

This game seems to be dead and buried before its even begun and I just dont know why.....

The pre launch marketing campaign was a disaster yes, people said some really silly things.....yes - Robo Lady social justice squad leader was a ridiculous attempt to push a social/political agenda on a userbase who quite frankly couldnt care less and just wanted a good game. Development of the game always felt as though it was on the backfoot, COD announced Blackout and it seemed like a knee jerk reaction by EA / DICE to announce Firestorm....clearly they never intended theere to be a Battle Royale mode, until thay saw the positive reation from the gaming community towards Black Out.

Having said all that, now the dust has settled, are we not left with a really good game? Im having lag issues which infuriate me but the gameplay itself seems more solid and fluid then I can remember a Battlefield game being for a long time. The much talked about additional content seems to be ticking all the boxes (As long as they deliver of course) - and the single player...was pretty good. To me is just seems like a refined, smooth, improved Battlefield, but yet nobody has bought or plays it. Just wanted to throw it out there and see why people dislike it so much? I frequently see people getting the Plat and then declaring how much they hate it and cant wait to delete it from their hard drive....so yea....whats the big deal??

DICE and EA can figuratively DIAF for the way they disrespected hugely loyal BF players. I've spent thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars playing nearly every BF game ever released but their attitude to the actual constructive, thoughtful criticism was personally insulting to people like myself. I have never played BFV and I very likely never will. I certainly won't spend so much as a single red cent for it. "Don't like it, don't buy it." Okay. To put this in perspective, I was as disappointed with this dumpster fire as I was with The Last Jedi, which is to say I was universally disappointed.

Edited by Vindibudd

• 1 month later...

Yes! I can't believe I actually bought this, but I was so bored since there are no interesting games for this console for the last 3 years so I was desperate but god man it! PLEASE, Please don't buy this game it is such a crap I deleted it 20mins after installing I feel like I wasted money for no reason... the worst bf I've played, feels like a game for 5 year olds, ugh.

• Like 1