1 Platinum trophy everyday for 1 month challenge.

5 minutes ago, zzTROPHY_BEASTzz said:

No cheating here all legit I probably will fail getting to 100 in a year but I have a huge list of games to go through so it'll be close

Do I need to find the old videos and stuff where you brag about beating Hakoom etc? :S 

13 hours ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

that's my plan too! ;D

but we both have to defeat @DW-UltraFan first, he has already prepared over 350 games!
I wish you much success :D

I wish you good luck in the attempt to beat my soon-to-be record :)  (I am glad that there are still motivated people who will try to beat such a record)

At the moment I already have about 370 prepared games and i still don't know when to stop.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DW-UltraFan said:

I wish you good luck in the attempt to beat my soon-to-be record :)  (I am glad that there are still motivated people who will try to beat such a record)

At the moment I already have about 370 prepared games and i still don't know when to stop.

And I thought you stopped :)

I don't think it would be too out of the question to do one platinum a day and not exclusively EZPZ games either.

Say you play 5 hours a day, which is doable for even a full-time job (9-5, start playing at 6, go until 11, chores until 12, sleep until 8, get to work at 9) and even more doable for a student on break or someone who doesn't have to work 40 hours a week. You could even do more hours on the weekend, say 8 a day. So that's 41 hours a week playing games. Obviously, you'd have no life outside of work and games, but eh :dunno: This averages out to almost 6 hours per game, not counting synergies if you get two consoles going at once. (Maybe be flipping through a VR on one and playing a main game on another)

If you get a shorter game done, then you'd have extra time to get a bit longer game done. In my backlog, I have 100-ish games that are 10 hours or less to complete and the average of them are 7.3 hours. The key would be to start on the next game right after finishing the platinum for the day, that way you aren't limited to games that are strictly 5 hours or less. 

This sounds like a good way to get burnt out from trophy hunting forever.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2019 at 6:38 AM, eigen-space said:

Not really seeing why people think all you'll be able to play are short/EZPZ-type games. All it takes is some planning and restraint.

You can set everything up to only have one simple trophy left until getting a platinum... like, for example, if you played God of War and did everything except holding off on killing just one of Odin's Ravens. Set up 30 games similarly and it wouldn't be that difficult to pop a platinum every day of the month several months down the line.

I personally wouldn't be able to do this as it was a struggle for me to get 34 platinums last year, but there are plenty of gamers that get 3-4 platinums every month... I mean, there are a lot of events that require people to get platinums over a 24-hour time period (like the old Platinum Rain Day events) and people would even get 10+ in a single 24-hr time frame.

I agree. It'd be interesting to see how people plan out legitimate platinums for this. I got 31 plats last year and I don't think I could do that again, a few were easy ones too. Plus the urge to finish up a game is totally real for me. If I'm one easy trophy away or like one raven in GoW, or my most recent plat, one star upgrade away from plat, then I want to just do it and move on to the next game.

But I think the idea is neat. There's a lot of pointless challenges people set for themselves on here, why not this one? Especially if everyone saved the one month for December. Tons of time to setup.

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Plus the urge to finish up a game is totally real for me. If I'm one easy trophy away or like one raven in GoW, or my most recent plat, one star upgrade away from plat, then I want to just do it and move on to the next game.

This is also a reason why I don't think I could do this. I don't have the restraint/patience/will-power to not pop my trophies quickly... I tried to participate in a Platinum Rain Day once and.... it didn't go so well because I couldn't hold off xD

• Like 2

I pop 3 platinums in 3 days (Persona dancing games) and I don't did something like this since two years ago, this event is possible to do with games that only need 3 - 5 hours in order to earn the platinum and probably with a lot of separate trophy list, but 30 platinums in 30 days can be a bit oppressive but still possible. 

On 1/6/2019 at 10:28 AM, DW-UltraFan said:

Can you even pop all those in one day?

What range of time would take to pop each one?

13 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

I don't think it would be too out of the question to do one platinum a day and not exclusively EZPZ games either.

Say you play 5 hours a day, which is doable for even a full-time job (9-5, start playing at 6, go until 11, chores until 12, sleep until 8, get to work at 9) and even more doable for a student on break or someone who doesn't have to work 40 hours a week. You could even do more hours on the weekend, say 8 a day. So that's 41 hours a week playing games. Obviously, you'd have no life outside of work and games, but eh :dunno: This averages out to almost 6 hours per game, not counting synergies if you get two consoles going at once. (Maybe be flipping through a VR on one and playing a main game on another)

If you get a shorter game done, then you'd have extra time to get a bit longer game done. In my backlog, I have 100-ish games that are 10 hours or less to complete and the average of them are 7.3 hours. The key would be to start on the next game right after finishing the platinum for the day, that way you aren't limited to games that are strictly 5 hours or less. 

This sounds like a good way to get burnt out from trophy hunting forever.

Am not limiting myself to easy and short games. What am doing is playing some longer games, while I have a bunch that take less than 2 hours to pop. I will use the short and easy games as little as possible, am really just playing what I feel like and is by no means the most efficient way.

It does feel kinda weird not to pop the last trophy in a game, but at the same time I think is healthy to learn to wait. 

12 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

I agree. It'd be interesting to see how people plan out legitimate platinums for this. I got 31 plats last year and I don't think I could do that again, a few were easy ones too. Plus the urge to finish up a game is totally real for me. If I'm one easy trophy away or like one raven in GoW, or my most recent plat, one star upgrade away from plat, then I want to just do it and move on to the next game.

But I think the idea is neat. There's a lot of pointless challenges people set for themselves on here, why not this one? Especially if everyone saved the one month for December. Tons of time to setup.

Yeah, the thing is that I started the challenge without any setup. But yeah to make it easier do setup some games before beginning. ;-)

But it is a very good way to clear some of the backlog. 

Edited by TheDragon70

1 hour ago, AlchemistWer said:

I pop 3 platinums in 3 days (Persona dancing games) and I don't did something like this since two years ago, this event is possible to do with games that only need 3 - 5 hours in order to earn the platinum and probably with a lot of separate trophy list, but 30 platinums in 30 days can be a bit oppressive but still possible. 

I would be a little easier to do it in February. 

On ‎06‎.‎01‎.‎2019 at 10:28 AM, DW-UltraFan said:

One could say that 370 platinum trophies are too much for one day. That would be less than 4 minutes for each plat. Keep in mind that you have to switch games and consoles. But please prove me wrong. ;) I wish you good luck for your platinum rain day.

On topic:

One platinum trophy per day for a month isn't that hard. With a little preparation and a few EZPZ plats as back-up, you can easily do it. Go for it!

2 hours ago, AvengedEvil said:

One could say that 370 platinum trophies are too much for one day. That would be less than 4 minutes for each plat. Keep in mind that you have to switch games and consoles. But please prove me wrong. ;) I wish you good luck for your platinum rain day.

That's the reason why i decided to do a 48h session. Most of them i will pop within 24 hours. I expect that at least 300 plats are possible in one day.

@maxijodi I didn't stop. I am just too lazy for an update on the german forum ^^

On topic:

Of course it is possible, if you play all of the fast easy games that have already appeared on days where you don't reach another more time-consuming plat. Good luck for your project!

• Like 1

On 6.1.2019 at 10:28 AM, DW-UltraFan said:

Haha thanks, but actually i don't wanna break any Record, its just a cool side goal to see how much Plats i could pop within 24 hours :D

My main goal is just having a great day with one or two friends, drinking some beer, talking about Videogames all day and getting as many Plats as possible. @Bizzy_Montana_ the good old Days :D

But again my biggest respect for so many prepared games!
I must also admit that I visit your and Westersburg's profile more often to see which trophy I could leave as the last. ^^

I think I will start a trophy checklist here in the forum this year to, to better track my progress.

• Like 2

On 7.1.2019 at 4:50 PM, DW-UltraFan said:

@maxijodi I didn't stop. I am just too lazy for an update on the german forum ^^

now a days I barly visit this forum.... ;)

On 7.1.2019 at 1:42 PM, AvengedEvil said:

Not sure of this.... If you have multiple consoles (and may be monitores) it could be possible....

I don't really think that it easily is..... but could be depending on the last trophies in each game you have to earn.

However it would take a lot of patience and afford.

On 4.1.2019 at 1:26 PM, TheDragon70 said:

“Couldn’t it be fun to get one platinum everyday for one month, it would look so nice.”

Lol, i had the same idea. Thought about it on the 2nd or 3rd of January. 

Good luck and have fun :)