Poor choice of words? Or are we loosing acess to PS3 and vita Games we saved from PS+ forever?

https://www.digit.in/gaming/sony-is-dropping-ps3-and-ps-vita-free-games-from-the-playstation-plus-subscription-starting-march-20-45190.html

Of course I am informed that PS+ will not continue to provide PS3 and Vita titles in PS+ in the future after March 2019.

But I  thought we have a save pile of games that we can always download as long as we are PS+ Members for life. Even if we drop out of PS+ for lets say a month because we forgot to extend the membership or something. After renewing the membership, we can always download them again. Thats how it's always been.

But this article declares, that after March 2019, we will loose that access if we ever drop out of PS+ even for a minute.

Did I got it all wrong, is it just a poor choice of words of the auther or does he just not understand the service? Or will we loose that access indeed?

And to top that, I found that article a bit blurry about it but so we even loose that acssess to all games we don't have installed right now?

As always, a pinch of salt and everything. I couldn't find another information like that.

Edited by Ai-ds_low

1 hour ago, Ai-ds_low said:

https://www.digit.in/gaming/sony-is-dropping-ps3-and-ps-vita-free-games-from-the-playstation-plus-subscription-starting-march-20-45190.html

Of course I am informed that PS+ will not continue to provide PS3 and Vita titles in PS+ in the future after March 2019.

But I  thought we have a save pile of games that we can always download as long as we are PS+ Members for life. Even if we drop out of PS+ for lets say a month because we forgot to extend the membership or something. After renewing the membership, we can always download them again. Thats how it's always been.

But this article declares, that after March 2019, we will loose that access if we ever drop out of PS+ even for a minute.

Did I got it all wrong, is it just a poor choice of words of the auther or does he just not understand the service? Or will we loose that access indeed?

And to top that, I found that article a bit blurry about it but so we even loose that acssess to all games we don't have installed right now?

As always, a pinch of salt and everything. I couldn't find another information like that.

Technically, if you have a PS Plus and games are added to your library, you kind of own them. So no, they couldn't have taken them away from you as long as you have PS Plus.

12 minutes ago, HaserPL said:

Technically, if you have a PS Plus and games are added to your library, you kind of own them. So no, they couldn't have taken them away from you as long as you have PS Plus.

Well with the digital market, one could actually argue that you don't 'own' the game, you just rented the right to use it until they decide you can't anymore.  So they very much could take those games off the stores, and you would not be able to download them anymore, even though you paid for them.

That being said, SONY has actually been one of the better ones in the past about letting you keep your PS+ library if you disconnect.  Last I remember you had 6 months to renew to keep your current history.  If I recall correctly, Nintendo currently has you lose it all the moment your membership expires.  I guess what I am trying to say is that I would not be worried about it for now.  

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

This is a hodgepodge of conflicting information. It seems to imply that you will lose access to the games if you drop your subscription (which is true, but also applies to PS4 games not just PS3/Vita) - but I believe that access is restored when you resubscribe. I'm not sure what the nonsense is about downloading them before March though. This seems to imply that downloading a game now and then dropping your PS sub will allow you to still play the downloaded games - which I don't believe is true for any console. Once you drop Plus, your license to play those is revoked, even if they are downloaded and installed.

Finally, thank you xD

Well first things first, as much as I hate XBOX, but if you drop out of your membership, you can still play the gold games. forever. My friend bought an XBOX used from a friend and installed were 100 games from Gold membership. she never had that membership and could play them all because they were alredy installed. just FYI

42 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

So that paragraph is misinformation to begin with. I have not heard anything to suggest that PS3/Vita games will be removed as of March. I have no idea what will happen to people who drop their subs then resubscribe. Again, I don't recall anything indicated that there will be a change from current practices.

But the article clearly is written by people who don't understand how the current service works, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

thats what I thought, but you never know, right?

I can't really imagine that sony would deny access to "my" PS+ games on PS3 only bc I extended my membership 2 days late or something. A friend was afraid, they would deny the download even with PS+ after March for games you don't have installed. You could read that between the lines because its pretty confusing written. someone really should have checked the information before posting this crap :o 

2 minutes ago, Ai-ds_low said:

A friend was afraid, they would deny the download even with PS+ after March for games you don't have installed. You could read that between the lines because its pretty confusing written. someone really should have checked the information before posting this crap :o 

Sony would need very clear warnings well in advance if that was the plan. There would be massive backlash and undoubtedly a class action lawsuit if they suddenly changed the terms to block you from downloading old Plus games while you are still an active member.

This is not to say they could not change those terms, but I would expect a significant advanced warning that it was coming. So I would say there is zero chance of this happening at the current time.

Regarding what happens if you let your subscription lapse, I would default to saying check the current Plus faq for those terms. I'm honestly not sure if there is a policy regarding reactivation - someone early posted that there is a 6 mo window. If that is the current policy, it is reasonable to expect that there would be a well publicized advanced warning period for any significant changes to those terms. If it is not in the current TOS, then it is subject to change at any time.

2 hours ago, Sir_Bee said:

If I recall correctly, Nintendo currently has you lose it all the moment your membership expires. 

I don't believe this is accurate. Current FAQs state you get 6 months, like Sony, for your online storage

https://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/faq/

After my Nintendo Switch Online membership expires, will my online save data and my Nintendo Entertainment System™ - Nintendo Switch Online data be erased?

If a Nintendo Switch Online membership expires, users won’t be able to access their Save Data Cloud backups. However, Nintendo will allow users who resubscribe within 180 days to access their previous Save Data Cloud backups.

Classic games in the NES – Nintendo Switch Online collection and the save data for those games will not be removed unless the user chooses to do so manually. These items are stored locally on the Nintendo Switch system but cannot be accessed without an active Nintendo Switch Online membership.

OT: I think Sony would be in huge trouble if they deleted games from your library. I can't see that happening.

• Like 1

BS article from a semi-obscure site nobody ever heard of before.

And yeah, Nintendo changed the policy recently, you have a 6 months grace period. But the PSN savegames are kept forever, that 6 months is apparently a myth.

3 hours ago, Sir_Bee said:

Well with the digital market, one could actually argue that you don't 'own' the game, you just rented the right to use it until they decide you can't anymore.  So they very much could take those games off the stores, and you would not be able to download them anymore, even though you paid for them.

As i always say: "they can, but it doesn't mean they will". I don't recall games being mass-removed unless we're talking about that Steam troll that recycled assets and made litetally hundreds of similar BS games that were eventually erased from existence.

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I am sorry but this is just a pet peeve of mine. 

You don't LOOSE the game you LOSE the game. Why does the Internet have such a problem with this one word in particular. There is no other word that people misspell on such a consistent basis.

Your rite. It don't make much since.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

You don't LOOSE the game you LOSE the game. Why does the Internet have such a problem with this one word in particular. There is no other word that people misspell on such a consistent basis. 

I have never understood it either.  I went as far to look up if “loosing” was a European/British spelling of it.  

At this point, I think people are trolling me by using “loosing”.  Guess I need to tighten up.

Edit - in fact, it is misspelled in one of the trophy descriptions for a trophy I have.  Just crazy to me.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/2338-zen-pinball-2/27-dressed-in-epic

Edited by djb5f

1 hour ago, McDermottx94 said:

If you run out of PLUS, you lose ACCESS to the game, not the actual game attachment if that makes sense. Just a random website trying to cause up a stir.

Yes, the games stay attached to the account, but they become "hidden" in the Download List until you renew.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McDermottx94 said:

Have they actually done that? WTF.

The same happened to me, twice, but i simply reported the issue, with all possible info, including transaction history number (now no longer possible because those IDIOTS removed all old transactions from 2+ years ago, thank goodness they gave me a copy of all of them*, but it took me 11 months to request them, a buffoneery like the download queue issue with PS3/Vita games, fixed before Christmas) and after a month or two they returned to my account.

* = yes, i know, keep the emails etc. etc. BUT THAT DOESN'T APPLY TO FREE ITEMS OBTAINED BEFORE 2016. They didn't send receipts for FREE items before that year.

Edited by Lance_87

13 hours ago, Sir_Bee said:

That being said, SONY has actually been one of the better ones in the past about letting you keep your PS+ library if you disconnect.  Last I remember you had 6 months to renew to keep your current history.  If I recall correctly, Nintendo currently has you lose it all the moment your membership expires.  I guess what I am trying to say is that I would not be worried about it for now.  

I can download games which i bought even if these games removed from the store later

1 hour ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

They removed Fat Princess: Piece of Cake out of my download list. That was when it got delisted.

I have Fat princess in the list. I can dowload it to my vita

It is possible to call Sony and ask. They ll clear situation

Edited by IoIly
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, IoIly said:

I can download games which i bought even if these games removed from the store later

I have Fat princess in the list. I can dowload it to my vita

It is possible to call Sony and ask. They ll clear situation

Wow! Thank you. I went through my download list on the PlayStation Store website and I found it on page 126 of my downloads. All this time I thought it was gone forever. Now I can finally play it again.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JiII-Valentine-- said:

Wow! Thank you. I went through my download list on the PlayStation Store website and I found it on page 126 of my downloads. All this time I thought it was gone forever. Now I can finally play it again.

You and everyone please install PSDLE on your browsers. You could even search for items, both by name and by product ID.

On 4.1.2019 at 10:24 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

WOW you just shattered my universe O_O

I swear pretty much every german (bc I can only speak fpr german ppl I know) use it like that, we even learn it that way :o  (well could be just my english teacher, who knows)

But I guess for us it makes sense: looser comes from lose, right? and looser was a popular word for a long time in germany ^^" so everyone seems to think loose is the correct way to spell it bc everyone knows the word looser, but not everyone speaks english on the same level.