Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nenugalimas

Game not downloading...

12 posts in this topic

got this from PS+, when downloading it gets stuck at 4% (266 MB to be exact). i tried canceling and downloading again, but smae thing. ICO however downloaded fine, only Sotc seems to have this problem... thoughts?

Did you check your internet connection? Sometimes my downloads also stop, but when I continue it another day it works fine again.

i thought the same thing, paused sotc download and continued downloading motorstorm apocalypse. downloaded 20% no problem... paused motorstorm and continued sotc, ait remained stuck at 4%. i doubt its the internet.

yeah, but the game im playing doesnt make the download say pending, it says its downloading...

Could be the server for you is a bit lazy. Or the download could be sluggish. Granted this is highly unlikely but it sometimes happens with popular games. (Has it become popular recently? If so then the multiple downloads of other people is what is causing the freeze. Like back in Nov '11 when they made DC Online free to play)

Another choice is to quit playing, and leave it downloading.

(But in all honesty if you have a game shop nearby you should have checked. The HD collection is old and it's basically 20$ or less. (meaning no download needed)

(But in all honesty if you have a game shop nearby you should have checked. The HD collection is old and it's basically 20$ or less. (meaning no download needed)

i just got the collection free from PS+, why would i pay to buy something that i can download for free? :blink:

i just got the collection free from PS+, why would i pay to buy something that i can download for free? :blink:

I didn't know that. Sorry.

I should probably check the store xD

If it's none of those... well.. try downloading other games. It could be you HDD losing its flame.

It happened to me back in march and luckily GameStop's extended warranty saved me. Out of nowhere I coudln't install games bigger than 2.5 Gb's

But seeing as your problem is the download not the install. And since you JUST pointed out it was made free from PS+. 

Dude, It's the Server. That game is extremely loved and popular. Chances is that alot of people are downloading it too. And he just can't handle it. Give it a day or 2. You'll see it will go back to normal :)

Edited by MxWhiteKnight

I didn't know that. Sorry.

I should probably check the store xD

If it's none of those... well.. try downloading other games. It could be you HDD losing its flame.

It happened to me back in march and luckily GameStop's extended warranty saved me. Out of nowhere I coudln't install games bigger than 2.5 Gb's

But seeing as your problem is the download not the install. And since you JUST pointed out it was made free from PS+. 

Dude, It's the Server. That game is extremely loved and popular. Chances is that alot of people are downloading it too. And he just can't handle it. Give it a day or 2. You'll see it will go back to normal :)

right, ill give it some time.. btw sotc is in EU PS+, dunno about US

Edited by nenugalimas

Doesn't matter. Any time something goes free it always gets a surge of downloads. Like I said, same thing happened with DC Online back in '11.

If after 1 or 2 days it still doesn't download, then I personally have no idea or advice as to what is happening.