RJP_X

do you care where you position in world and country rank?

88 posts in this topic

sometimes i want to see how much i've climbed if i get a lot of trophies at once. i know once i start playing long games i'll only be getting a handful of trophies so my rank will be falling, that's when i start not looking at it lol. i've noticed in other countries that people with a lower trophy level tend to be higher ranked in their country, seems like here in the U.S, you need higher levels compared to other countries to rank higher.  

Nope

I’m not bothered about world ranking but that is just me.

Not really. I do notice mine stays the same, though...

It's fun to see if you get a better rank

I do check it often but I also don't really care so much what it is. Hope your enjoying DQXI btw. I'm planning to do another 100+ hour play through of that game and when I do I will be dropping positions.

I don't really care about it, but the country rank is kinda interesting. Once you reach a certain point, your rank begins to stagnant, and it lets you know how many people are as active on PSN as you in the country.

I feel like the top 3000 or so in the US are going to be hard to surpass.

6 minutes ago, Sn1per666999 said:

I do check it often but I also don't really care so much what it is. Hope your enjoying DQXI btw. I'm planning to do another 100+ hour play through of that game and when I do I will be dropping positions.

its really great, its definitely going to take me somewhere in the 100 hour range myself i'm pretty sure since i'm about 42 hours in and i'm still in act 1 lol. had the gates open to explore more of the sea and been visiting various islands.

hows ni no kuni 2 going? i'll play it someday, waiting for all the DLC to be out before i get it on sale lol.

I don't really care at all about world/country ranking.

I'm from the US and I have only about 400 trophies, so I'm so far down the leaderboards that I don't even consider them. If I was in the top 1000 or something in the world, then I would probably pay more attention. Guess I'll have to be content with being in the top 1,100,000 in the world :P

4 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I don't really care about it, but the country rank is kinda interesting. Once you reach a certain point, your rank begins to stagnant, and it lets you know how many people are as active on PSN as you in the country.

I feel like the top 3000 or so in the US are going to be hard to surpass.

yeah its a slow climb the higher rank that you are, and even harder if you aren't earning trophies consistently as the level percentage to reach that rank gets tougher as more people move up lol. i cant be bothered with persistent climbing ranks, although it is interesting to see if you get a steady flow of trophies for awhile. i would like to reach the top 1000 of the U.S. but its not exactly something i'm pushing for either lol.

4 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

its really great, its definitely going to take me somewhere in the 100 hour range myself i'm pretty sure since i'm about 42 hours in and i'm still in act 1 lol. had the gates open to explore more of the sea and been visiting various islands.

hows ni no kuni 2 going? i'll play it someday, waiting for all the DLC to be out before i get it on sale lol.

Ni No Kuni 2 is great. I'm really enjoying it but I'm worried that the post game will pale in comparison to DQXI. That game took 106 hours to Plat.

Posted (edited)

i look at them periodically but its not something i aim for

one of my buddies at one point was in the top 100 in the US

im not sure where he stands now, he's probably still up there somewhere

i hit top 600 in the US then i fell a few spots

its like rollercoaster, theres alot of up and down

Edited by Property_Damage

It's a fun little stat but other than personal gratification it doesn't mean much to me.

Only the top trophy hunters care, and they don't care that much to begin with. 

It's interesting to see that I'm climbing rank but I don't really care past that.

I only care for country. I think at beginning of year I was around ~15k, now I'm close to ~5k. 

Basically, as long as the number is green, I'm happy lol. And since I have lulls, it usually is.

Spoiler

Also, not being American helps kek.

Nope, no idea where I am or pay attention.

i do look at psntrophyleaders Rare trophy leaderboard which I am often in the Top 30 on.

I think it's been fun to watch myself slowly climb up over the years. It's nice to jump spots after getting a bunch of trophies in a short amount of time. I used to be in the top 5000 worldwide and I was hoping to reach top 1000 in the US, but it's just gotten to the point where the pace I play games is too slow to climb the leaderboards. Now I just kind of maintain where I'm at or slowly fall, which is all good. I was bound to hit this point anyway. I'll keep peeking at it, but I'm not going to make myself play more games or anything to reach higher ranks.

Not really, but my goal is be the top 900 by end of this year but just playing casually.

I don't really care what my particular rank is on the leaderboards... Only that I am actually on the leaderboards.

Posted (edited)

I don't really care about world rank but country rank I like to periodically check up on; especially considering I am currently (as of this post) in the top 100 in Canada according to this site.

I still ultimately play and do what I want regardless of where the ranks are situated. They won't influence my gaming choices.

Edited by Shinobi

2 hours ago, danceswithsloths said:

do i care about it? nah. i do keep an eye on it though, it's kinda fun to know how you compare.

This pretty much.  I'm still back where I can keep it in the green at least.