RJP_X

do you care where you position in world and country rank?

128 posts in this topic

I tend to look at where I rank within my own country out of interest. But no, I don't make any effort to keep or be at a certain ranking 

I care that it's not red... because the red is ugly as hell. I wish I could disable the colors on my profile/trophy card entirely. I get why it's there, but I dislike it. I have a passing interest in the rating itself. But don't really "care" that much about it.

Nah. It's a fun stat to look at, but I have a lot of things going on in my life that would prevent me from wanting to actually try and climb the leaderboards. 

Posted (edited)

It's up there next to worrying about how many plats I have on the couldn't give a shit factor.

Edited by Feral

No, not really. I was happy to break sub 100k on the world tho. 

The problem is that my country rank isn't accurate. There was a period when we didn't have Playstation Network, so we usually subscribed to a portuguese or north american psn to play online. In this site my country rank position is 220, but in some regional leaderboards here I'm 450.

Probably those north americans rankings are definitely not 100% accurate also.

I like seeing the ranks go green but it doesn’t bother me that much, I’d hate to be anywhere close to the top anyway.

i like to soar up the rankings which is why i always target certain games that take 25 hours or more to complete. then 1 big one which take above 25 hours (average is 50hr's or more).

current goal is to stay below 1250 right now maybe aim for the 1200 league someday.

Its nice to see but I know I'll never be on the top so that's pretty much where my interest ends.

I don't really care, but I do keep an eye on the country rank from time to time.. nice to know if you've climbed up a bit or not.

Not since I was like 17/18.

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Property_Damage said:

i look at them periodically but its not something i aim for

one of my buddies at one point was in the top 100 in the US

im not sure where he stands now, he's probably still up there somewhere

i hit top 600 in the US then i fell a few spots

its like rollercoaster, theres alot of up and down

This is the same as me. I was as high as 597 in the US but have fallen quite a bit since then.

4 hours ago, djb5f said:

Nope, no idea where I am or pay attention.

i do look at psntrophyleaders Rare trophy leaderboard which I am often in the Top 30 on.

In my opinion, the PSNtrophyleaders rare trophy leaderboard is much more prestigious and noteworthy than the PSNprofiles Leaderboard saturated with BS 30 minute platinums.

2 hours ago, AJ_-_808 said:

It's nice to keep an eye on sometimes, but ultimately, the leaderboard is useless for like 95% of the people on there when they cant realistically compete against team accounts & trophy buyers.

Well said, couldn't put this better honestly.

Edited by Bullstomp

6 hours ago, RJP_X said:

sometimes i want to see how much i've climbed if i get a lot of trophies at once. i know once i start playing long games i'll only be getting a handful of trophies so my rank will be falling, that's when i start not looking at it lol. i've noticed in other countries that people with a lower trophy level tend to be higher ranked in their country, seems like here in the U.S, you need higher levels compared to other countries to rank higher.  

I used to care about leaderboards until the start of the 1 hour platinums and multiple region came and fucked up everything. I have a myself got some of those quick plats and regional stacks but gave up on it as there is no point to it. So yes I did but not anymore. Besides nobody cares about another gamers virtual status of trophies. It should be your own personal targets. At least that's how i feel. 

I don't care about the ranks as many others have said but i do look at it and compare + laugh sometimes how different stats are in big gaming countries vs small gaming countries. Like i am 4k world and 400 Germany vs a guy from Egypt who might be 100k world and 200 country :D

I don't care about my world rank, but I do about the country rank.

I'm from a small country and even though I have <150 plats (200.000 points), I currently sit at 6th place, and I follow the progress of most of the folks in the top 10 so it's kinda fun I guess.

I don't really care. I'll look it up from time to time out of sheer curiosity, but I'm always around the same position.

If I don't care about hiding a bunch of trophies just because I didn't like the games (or mostly because they're games my brother played in my account), I sure as hell don't care about how I fare against other people. I'm going to play what I want to play, how I want to play, at the speed I want to play. Everything else is just numbers to me.

I find it funny to look at, as the stat is there when you watch your profile, but nothing more.

There will be always people with more money, more time, more skill, and less shame to buy pointless platinums, so I can't care less about it.

30 minutes ago, Ekir said:

There will be always people with more money, more time, more skill, and less shame to buy pointless platinums, so I can't care less about it.

Well said :)

Do find it nice to see how high I climb when I do actually update on here but at the same time I'm also not too fussed about what rank I'll be as I know I'll never be ranked as high as some people

Posted (edited)

I keep tabs on it as a 'thing of interest', but I don't have a playing style well suited to maximising trophy earnage (is that a word?). Too many hours on things like Minecraft and COD and Friday the 13th etc. But that's fine with me.

Edited by JPageMartin36

I don't care about my world/country rank but it's somehow nice and maybe even a bit motivating to see my rank going up.

I care about my rank.  I am hoping to crack the top ten percent on the leaderboards.  Beyond that, my interest in my rank drops considerably.  Then again, when I joined this site, I had less than 50 trophies.  I am now on my way to getting one thousand trophies.  I do find that I care about my rank somewhat but it isn't at a all a major driver in the games I choose to play.  I would like to add more ultra rare trophies to my collection, though.  Also, when I do get a platinum trophy, I do feel a certain rush at earning it.