What are the top 3 Indy platinums on your profile?

Bullstomp

1 hour ago, SlimSanta94 said:

1. Super Meat Boy

2. Surgeon Simulator

3. The Binding Of Isaac

Here's me hoping to add Crypt Of The Necrodancer and I Am Bread to that list soon.

Good luck with I am bread. I tried it for like an hour and couldn't understand the controls at all.

• Like 1

L16141a.png

Pretty damn amazing that one guy made most of this game.

Lb8573c.png

Side scrolling Dark Souls type game, what's not to love?

L43a791.png

So many 80's references for kids of the 80's/90's.

HONORABLE MENTIONS:

Ld27bdf.png

I was pleasantly surprised by this game, it's a metroidvania type game with more focus on the RPG side though.  It's like a napoleon dynamite RPG.

La455c6.png

Just a quality game overall, definitely worthy of a buy if you can find it on sale.  I think there's an enhanced version out now.

Edited by Stormverse
  • Like 2

Most of my indie titles have come through plus.  My top three are:

Apotheon: Had a great time with this game and it was my first platinum.

Severed: Same team that made guacamelee.  This game is a marvelous addition to my vita collection.  Absolute blast to play.  I loved the storyline and the game mechanics are very smooth.

The Deadly Tower of Monsters: Didn't originally set out to platinum it, but I had such a good time playing it I just didn't stop and before I knew it, I had the platinum.

Honorable mentions: Whispering Willows - Not a platinum, but is a really good game with an engaging storyline.

Hue: No platinum either, but is an enjoyabe experience.

Saturday Morning RPG: Great throwback to the 80s.

• Like 1

This is a hard one, whilst there's 2 games I can immediately say "YES THESE TWO MOST DEFINITELY!", the 3rd is just like a massive tie between like 10+ awesome games I can't decide between...

For numbers 1 & 2 I would say with confidence The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Afterbirth+) and Furi with the latter being a game I actually got my first tattoo from.

For the 3rd game however I like so many equally for different reasons, from Super Meat Boy as a great platformer to Dead Star as an iconic personal multiplayer experience for me, and of course many others. For that reason, I'm sticking with exclusively a top 2, just know that I love a lot of indies.

• Like 1

The Hungry Horde (Vita only):

This isn't your average zombie game: you play as the zombies, as the hungry horde. You begin as one zombie and the goal is to enroll as many humans as possible while trying to survive as many days and nights as possible, and while completing objectives as well. A bunch of mini-games will spawn along the way that adds enjoyment to this game. Another thing that I really loved was the sticker album that you need to fill (childhood memories), if you want the platinum. The longer you survive, the more stickers you'll get. The graphics aren't the best of the game, but everything else make this game one of my favorites.

Helldivers (PS4/PS3/Vita, cross-play):

The premise of this co-op game is to complete as many objectives as possible on the missions you take in order for your race (humans) to defeat the other races (bugs, cyborgs, illuminates). The fun is in trying to complete all objectives on Hell Dive missions, and to raise the challenge it is even more rewarding (to yourself) if you do it solo. 

Terraria:

I had a lot of fun with this game searching for material, items, enemies; modifying it to make boss/event battles easier. I spent a lot of hours in this game and I enjoyed most of them.

Honorable mentions:

Super Meat Boy

Hotline Miami

Spelunky: This would have been my favorite indie platinum by far if it had one, there are so many things you can do that this game could've easily had a platinum. The learning curve of this game with randomly generated levels is unforgiving for the majority of players, but once you get the hang of the game, you'll enjoy each run. I hope this game gets a plat soon. Do yourself a favor and play this game :)

• Like 1

I usually enjoy a good indie game more than a good AAA game, so choosing the top 3 was not easy.. but this is what I came up with: 

Honorable Mentions: 

- Dead Cells

Could have been in my Top 3, but the game became really repetitive at some point. I played this before the 1.1 patch (still not available for ps4), so unlocked weapons could not be locked again.. In a game like this experimentation is half of the fun, so the fact that bad weapons remain unlocked disincentives trying weird things out. Great game though! 

- Little Nightmares

Very atmospheric, very fun to play. But there is little gameplay otherwise. 

- Guacamelee! and Guacamelee! 2

I dunno how fun these games are solo, but they are perfect for couch co-op. My girlfriend and I had a lot of fun with these games. 

3. Super Meat Boy

I had a lot of fun going for this platinum. The game is very well designed, the controls are tight, and the levels short and with immediate respawns after death. Perfect for short game sessions, and incredibly satisfying to master! 

2. Hyper Light Drifter

Fantastic game... Fun, engaging combat, great visual style. The "lore" is told entirely using pictograms, there isn't a single written word in this game, not even in the shop menus. A bit short, and with lots of collectibles required for the platinum which I recommend keeping track of, but very fun nonetheless! 

1. Furi 

Best indie game out there, no doubt in my mind. This is the first "hard" game I really got the platinum for, and the game that motivated me to attempt hard games in general. The boss encounters are ridiculously fun and engaging, the soundtrack and visual style are very fitting. Of course it has its flaws: The game is a bit on the short side, the walks between bosses get repetitive after the first playthrough, and the final, optional boss is... not as great. But the majority of this game is so good that this still takes my nr. 1 spot. 

• Like 4

• I guess Rocket League counts? Played it for around 1600 hours since launch, so I have to mention it^^
  • Stardew Valley: Haven't played it a lot on PS4, but I have around 60 hours of playtime on my Switch! It's an awesome game, but I'll never get the Platinum trophy haha

I feel kind of bad about it, but I don't think I played many other Indie games for a longer period of time. There are just so many AAA titles and stuff I need to catch up on, and I also invested a huge part of my playtime on competitive stuff!

Probably the following (in no particular order):

• Axiom Verge - probably my favorite metroid-like title among those I've platted. I ended up platting it twice, and regret not one second of it.
  • Salt and Sanctuary - another solid indy title, I've platted it 3 times, and again, I would plat it three more if I could,
  • Guacamelee - seeing a theme here? Platted it twice as well.

Might go a bit crazy on the honorable mentions...

L53d0b0.png

PS4 - Stellar platformer. If you loved Super Mario Sunshine... play this immediately. They took inspiration from it specifically and it really shows in how the game plays. Even down to the way camera work is done when you enter levels for the first time. And it even has the non-FLUDD type levels in this as well.

L8e9ed9.png

PS4 - Cute little RPG with lots of cat puns. It can get a bit repetitive with the fetch quests, but it's super fun with lovely visuals. The story is neat. Can't wait for the sequel.

L87d227.png

I played it on Vita, and wouldn't mind doing it again on PS4. It's basically an indie Wind Waker. Really good game, and the Vita port is really good.

Honorable Mentions:
Unholy Heights [PS4]

The Little Acre [PS4]

Sir Eatsalot [Vita]

Gryphon Knight [PS4]

Color Guardians [PS4/Vita]

Trine [PS3]

Trine 2 [PS3]

Guacamelee! [Vita/PS3]
Lili: Child of Geos [PS4]

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Guacamelee - Vibrant graphics, responsive controls, wide variety of enemies and abilities. Also platted STCE and the sequel.

Severed - I really liked how the game was solely focused on its touchscreen controls, despite how sore my index finger was after repetitive slashing. ?

Velocity Ultra - The most challenging plat to date. Perfecting all levels was very tough but with perseverance, I managed it. However, the same can't be said for 2X.

• 2 months later...

- Rocket League: fantastic game. Surprise hit thanks to PlayStation Plus.

- Yoku's Island Express: great pinball adventure.

- Reverie: Nice RPG from New Zealand. 

Honourable mentions: Super Destronaut DX, Mantis Burn Racing and BigFest (Vita exclusive).

In no particular order:

• Axiom Verge
  • Guacamelee
  • Salt and Sanctuary

All earned a double plat from me (and, in the case of S&S, a triple plat). All were great games, and great trophy experiences as well.

On 1/10/2019 at 8:55 AM, MosesRockefeller said:

Sadly I only have one Indy platinum - LEGO Indiana Jones 2. :awesome:

I can't believe nobody made that joke yet...

Take my wife...please!

Edited by starcrunch061

Not sure what constitutes Indie.  Is there a tier between AAA and Indie or does everything fall into one or the other?

If so, I’d say the Rock Band series (Harmonix) is definitely my favorite.  They are a small shop but not sure I’d say Indie.  Also, shout out to Rocket League for nice, casual fun.

I don’t have a lot of interest in “true” Indie games but The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, What Remains of Edith Finch, This War of Mine: The Little Ones, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Never Alone, and Gauntlet capture my interest.

• Like 1

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (EU)

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (NA)

There kind of isn't a third Indy game on PlayStation with trophy support, dude ?

Dad jokes aside... the shortlist would be Edith Finch, Severed, and either Journey or Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, depending on my mood.

1. Speed Brawl

Except the trophy where you have to get all items, I loved this game. Think of it as a Sonic+Streets of Rage hybrid with a Victorian flair. The animations and dialogues are great as well, though I wish the devs made more use of voice acting during the cutscenes except grunting and simple exclamations (okay, it's most likely because of the budget, but it's still a bit sad because the cutscenes are really funny and would've been even funnier if they were fully voice acted).

2. Claire

Even though it's a bit bugged, I did enjoy this game a lot. This is how I imagine Silent Hill if it was a 2D pixel game. The game is rather short, but the story and cutscenes with the NPCs are very heartwarming and encouraging.

3. Sundered

Sundered is one of the few games that I still play from time to time, even after I got the platinum. You can tell the devs did quite some research regarding Lovecraft (whose stories inspired the game); it's an action adventure, but it's quite surreal and the enemy hordes always keep you on your toes. The character design reminded me a lot of Disney's Atlantis. I also liked the voice acting a lot, I wish they used it more in the DLC.

Honorable Mentions:

Jotun

Absolver

Amnesia

Outlast

Edited by Sillshez15