Is platinum faster than Pic-a-Pix Color?

tjoe1bkhjtqxm

11 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

I think this is the third game of this genre I've seen and I can't help but be interested. Are they actually fun? Which one is the best? 

I'll give some biased advice. Take it with a pinch of salt :)

Yes, these games are immensely fun. You solve a logic puzzle to make a cute picture.

Start with Pic-a-Pix Color if you've never played Picross before. It has a few tiny 5x5 puzzles to get you started, whereas Pic-a-Pix Pieces starts with 10x10s and requires you to solve 6 puzzles before the first picture is revealed.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

I think this is the third game of this genre I've seen and I can't help but be interested. Are they actually fun? Which one is the best? 

They are fun if you like logic puzzles (i.e. sudoku). Typically, one move will lead to another move, etc., etc. Pic-a-Pix has more trial-and-error built into it than sudoku.  They are perfect games to play for an hour or less, and just knock a few puzzles out at a time. 

People speed plat them by cheating on the internet so it can be done quickly, but why? Just play it and have fun! Honestly, one of the better games I picked up last year. I platted Pic-a-Pix Color and erased the save data so I could replay the puzzles again. Like I said, a few here, a few there, each puzzles takes an average of five minutes or so to solve depending on size.

For the price-point, it's worth a try! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, luckydonut said:

Oooh... you never need to guess - there's always a logical next move! :)

Sometimes, but that 20x20 volcano puzzled defied logic! Argh!!! :P

Just trying to let people know if you make a mistake in Sudoku, your game is done. In Pic-A-Pix, you can try something if you are stuck, and if you make an error it will be telling in the next few moves and you can easily erase and try something else. Essentially, it's more user-friendly than Sudoku. 

But keep pumping more games out! I love them!!

• Like 1

On 6/1/2019 at 3:09 PM, pinkrobot_pb said:

Is 6 - 8 hours a long platinum now? 1f628.png

6-8 hours of a stupid Indie game it's a lot, very frustrating and time consuming yes.

8-10 hours of Spyro is not a long platinum because is a nice game and A++, I was talking about wasting time after an unknown game like this one (same as Word Search and Word Sudoku By POWGI for example)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/19/2019 at 1:01 AM, ONLYOU said:

Seems that you’re doing something wrong. Just fill all the screen and press triangle to fix mistakes. You need to complete only one picture without fixing mistakes and one piece of each size.

But where's the fun in that?

• Like 1

On 1/9/2019 at 0:10 AM, BlakkVulture2K16 said:

Basically Orc Slayer when you keep dying on Level 5.

On 1/11/2019 at 10:35 AM, shlomaniac said:

That's exactly the location where i stopped playing and deleted the game lol. Too bad its listed on my profile with 33% completion.

Just so you guys know, the game was MUCH easier on release, so when people say it's so easy, they're not talking about the current state of that game. Though, I'd say it's currently at like 3/10, maybe you could push it to 4/10. You can't rush through it the same way anymore, at least not easily, and so it takes a lot more time too. Try to cheese and play as cheap as possible, it should be very doable.

6 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Just so you guys know, the game was MUCH easier on release, so when people say it's so easy, they're not talking about the current state of that game. Though, I'd say it's currently at like 3/10, maybe you could push it to 4/10. You can't rush through it the same way anymore, at least not easily, and so it takes a lot more time too. Try to cheese and play as cheap as possible, it should be very doable.

Can you install it but not the patches? Would that make it easier?

4 minutes ago, BlakkVulture2K16 said:

Can you install it but not the patches? Would that make it easier?

There's maybe a way to install without the patch, but if so, it's some trickery. The game has some glitches or something, that makes it super easy, but as I said, fixed in patch. Still shouldn't be too big of a hassle. I did it.

Edited by MMDE

2 minutes ago, MMDE said:

There's maybe a way to install without the patch, but if so, it's some trickery. The game has some glitches or something, that makes it super easy, but as I said, fixed in patch. Still shouldn't be too big of a hassle. I did it.

Ah gotcha. I'll probably leave it until I'm desperate for a bad platinum xD