PS3 games that are not remastered nor on PSNow

XLordXNightmareX

So, there's quite a bit of PS3 games that have been remastered for the PS4 including Hitman HD Enhanced Collection. I'm not sure why the case would be but these remasters and PSNow (U.S. region) games seem like that they're making the PS3 console an obsolete hardware except for a very select few games. If it weren't for those games, the PS3 probably would've been as good as dead. Here are a select few PS3 games that still make the PS3 relevant for trophy hunters today. If there are any other games missing on this list, well you get the idea what I'm saying right but I'll still probably add that game to that list anyways just as a boredom killer lol.

1. Alice: Madness Returns
  2. Blur
  3. Brutal Legend
  4. Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  5. Far Cry 2
  6. Hitman: Contracts
  7. Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
  8. Just Cause 2
  9. Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
  10. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
  11. Motorstorm
  12. Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
  13. Oddworld: Munch's Oddysey
  14. Portal 2 (If attainable for some)
  15. Silent Hill Downpour
  16. Split/Second
  17. Tekken 6
Edited by XLordXNightmareX
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kittet3 said:

Are you just wanting to make a list of "good" PS3 exclusives? Because otherwise there are tons of games that aren't apart of Now and were never remastered, but usually that was for a good reason :P You also might want to clarify what region of PSNow your referring to since different regions have different games

Those are the games that I can think of at that moment. The region I'm clarifying as would be the US region btw

2 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I've started playing the Ratchet & Clank games through PS Now and it really annoys me that the remastered trilogy isn't on PS Now... almost all the other games seem to be.

what remastered trilogy?

Edited by mako-heart

On 1/7/2019 at 3:38 AM, AJ_-_808 said:

The sooner they make the ps3 obsolete, the sooner they can cut the psn store support for it in favor of psnow?

They're not gonna cut PSN support for the PS3 for the same reason they didn't for the PSP. That would involve revoking hundreds of licenses per user that were paid for, and that would be grounds for lawsuits. People could have spent thousands for their libraries.

On 1/6/2019 at 5:38 PM, AJ_-_808 said:

The sooner they make the ps3 obsolete, the sooner they can cut the psn store support for it in favor of psnow?

I actually expect Sony to drop steamable PS3 games entirely, they haven't added any new PS3 titles to Now in awhile. And there are less features for PS3 since Sony in their infinite wisdom thought it a good idea to drop PS3 as a supported platform. [what makes every streamable service worthwhile? Barely any supported platforms to stream, that's what! /s] Had they not done that and actually released a PS Now app [rather than needing to go through the terrible PS Store to use it on PS3] then they could have had the PS3 games downloadable as well. Making the service more consistent overall.

But like I said, I see them dropping PS3 games off the service rather than cutting off the PS Store on PS3.

edit; oh looks like January they are or will be adding two whole PS3 games.

Skydrift (PS3)

Thunder Wolves (PS3)

Edited by Elvick_

1 minute ago, NamoPh said:

They're not gonna cut PSN support for the PS3 for the same reason they didn't for the PSP. That would involve revoking hundreds of licenses per user that were paid for, and that would be grounds for lawsuits. People could have spent thousands for their libraries.

I already know one guy @Sergen who will refrain from trophy hunting if they did cut PSN support. I have a backlog of PS3 games I want to get to and there's a couple games like Super Stardust HD I am still interesting in getting.

In short, PS Now is complete bullshit. It's just Sony cherry picking the games, and whether it's licensing issues or not, it's clear there's a lot of gaps when it comes to just what selection of games are available.

It's no different from Netflix. Netflix back in 2010 had a pretty expansive library of movies and TV shows, but since then that library count has dwindled.

Don't rely on an all digital library. Because that product you wanted may be gone before you know it.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I already know one guy @Sergen who will refrain from trophy hunting if they did cut PSN support. I have a backlog of PS3 games I want to get to and there's a couple games like Super Stardust HD I am still interesting in getting.

In short, PS Now is complete bullshit. It's just Sony cherry picking the games, and whether it's licensing issues or not, it's clear there's a lot of gaps when it comes to just what selection of games are available.

It's no different from Netflix. Netflix back in 2010 had a pretty expansive library of movies and TV shows, but since then that library count has dwindled.

Don't rely on an all digital library. Because that product you wanted may be gone before you know it.

PS Now is similar to Netflix in that what you're paying for is access to their current selection of streamable products, so swapping that selection wouldn't be seen as particularly egregious. It would be an entirely different story when revoking "purchased" licenses en masse. They can try to invoke their terms of service, but that wouldn't fly very well in court, definitely not in the EU.

Also personally I still choose not to rely on an entirely digital library. I've been choosing Sony's as my platform of choice since the PS1, but if they follow Microsoft's rumoured thoughts on a discless next generation console, I'm done with them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Err, the collection of the first three games, released on both PS3 and Vita. I'm *pretty* sure it was remastered but I may be wrong.

Sorry, my bad. For some reason, I assumed you meant the first three games. I may or may not sometimes forget they made a LOT of R&C games lol

1 minute ago, NamoPh said:

PS Now is similar to Netflix in that what you're paying for is access to their current selection of streamable products, so swapping that selection wouldn't be seen as particularly egregious. It would be an entirely different story when revoking "purchased" licenses en masse. They can try to invoke their terms of service, but that wouldn't fly very well in court, definitely not in the EU.

Also personally I still choose not to rely on an entirely digital library. I've been choosing Sony's as my platform of choice since the PS1, but if they follow Microsoft's rumoured thoughts on a discless next generation console, I'm done with them.

My biggest problem is when a game is completely locked out. That's my biggest pet peeve with digital games, sure I may rate them a 10 out of 10 or whatever because I absolutely loved them. The moment they're gone is what pisses me off.

For example Activision pulled a lot of games they published, including the Transformer games and Deadpool. I have a couple games if I recall correctly that have been delisted, with the only saving grace being I can still download them because I bought them when they were available.

I have more digital games than I have physical. I mostly have AAA games as physical while the games that are digital only like Axiom Verge or Guacamelee I have on the hard drive. My issue is when such games get pulled or something else happens because of licensing.

Why was Metal Gear Solid 4 pulled from PS Now? Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Spaz said:

My biggest problem is when a game is completely locked out. That's my biggest pet peeve with digital games, sure I may rate them a 10 out of 10 or whatever because I absolutely loved them. The moment they're gone is what pisses me off.

For example Activision pulled a lot of games they published, including the Transformer games and Deadpool. I have a couple games if I recall correctly that have been delisted, with the only saving grace being I can still download them because I bought them when they were available.

I have more digital games than I have physical. I mostly have AAA games as physical while the games that are digital only like Axiom Verge or Guacamelee I have on the hard drive. My issue is when such games get pulled or something else happens because of licensing.

To the best of my knowledge, the only license that has ever been revoked despite being added to your library is P.T. Everything else might no longer be purchasable, but users who paid for them can still download them. I know it's bs either way, but it's still two completely different things. I'm not familiar with how PS Now works, though I have a feeling that it's not really licensing issues in the traditional sense we're familiar with, but rather how long the publisher wishes for it to be available. There has to be an agreement in place between them and Sony to make it available, and that can be time limited.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Spaz said:

Probably because Konami is an idiotic company or copyright reasons (aren't there real-life songs in that game?)

ps: i thought PS3 streaming for PS Now was removed years ago.

5 hours ago, NamoPh said:

If they really wanted to, they could simply stop selling ps3 titles and dlc on the ps store and just leave you access to your download list to avoid revoking licenses, or possibly transfer said licenses to whatever servers they have running psnow?

I'm not entirely sure it would be grounds for lawsuits due to the digital nature of it

Edited by AJ_-_808

On 1/14/2019 at 4:18 PM, AJ_-_808 said:

If they really wanted to, they could simply stop selling ps3 titles and dlc on the ps store and just leave you access to your download list to avoid revoking licenses, or possibly transfer said licenses to whatever servers they have running psnow?

I'm not entirely sure it would be grounds for lawsuits due to the digital nature of it

As far as I'm aware the EU at the very least does not take at all kindly to terms & conditions that try to deny consumers their rights because of the digital nature of something. They forced Steam to accept product returns if they wanted to continue to do business there. A mass revoking of licenses would not fly under the radar. And since they will have to keep the products on their servers for people who have already purchased the license, there's no point in removing the ability to buy them.

• Like 2

On 1/14/2019 at 4:52 AM, Lance_87 said:

ps: i thought PS3 streaming for PS Now was removed years ago.

Streaming on PS3 was removed, but not streaming PS3 games themselves. You just can't do it on a PS3, Vita or Smart TV. Just PC and PS4 are supported now. Which is asinine for a streaming service. Imagine if Netflix worked on only two things.

• Like 1