How to get borders?

6 hours ago, madjax75 said:

I'm inquiring to see if anyone knows how to get borders for the trophy "Ready for Battle". From what I've looked up they've been given out in the past for certain things, but are there ways to get them currently?

50 minutes ago, x7eight said:

Ffs,

Is there any other way to get a border? 

The season rewards is always locked in the reward book.

Thronebreaker. Golden chests have a lot of borders that are auto-unlocked in Gwent as well.

The season reward tree will be opened in the end of January with the next major update. 

1 hour ago, Sega-Ryudo said:

Yes, teh Season reward tree has a border, but it's closed.

I'm not sure it opens up at all tbh, the previous one didn't open at all, unless it opens for a day and I somehow missed it, 

But I assume you would need a tons of points to invest, probably 100+ to unlock everything for the border.

If you don't want to buy Thronebreaker (which is btw on sale in the European PS stores now - if you have an EU/UK account, buy it, as it doesn't just give you nice perks in Gwent, but also a great game in itself), then your best bet now is to grind the current faction challenge ongoing. Fulfilling 25 faction specific contracts will give you a border. It's not quick, though - you have 5 base contracts, of which 4 is easy and takes like an hour or so to do, but the fifth one is grindy (you need to play cards with specific keywords). After the fifth contract, you will get an infinitely respawning contract (win 5 matches with your chosen faction) that counts toward the 25 faction contracts. So if you manage to win 100 matches after fulfilling the fifth contract, you will get a border. The bad news is that you have 3 days in the current faction challenge to do so, or you will have to wait for the next faction challenge (which will probably not happen in the coming 2-3 months).

• 2 weeks later...