Vergil

Grade S++. Tips, Info, Strategies!!!

38 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, StealthMonkey43 said:

I'm not going to say your opinion is wrong or argue about it, but N++ is an extremely long game that has dozens of extremely difficult levels that are on par with many full games in terms of difficulty. And again, it is not muscle memory; there are some levels that are purely muscle memory (I don't remember any of the names because it has been over a year since I played) where you just progress through trial and error and find the exact path/strategy you are supposed to take and it never really changes, but for the majority of levels, they are very reactive. You can't just do the same thing every time because slightly different timings whether it be how long you hold jump for or the pixel where you land, it will affect the timings of various mechanisms through the level and the hazards. Each try is unique in some way or another, and while there are strategies you can use for levels, you always have to be able to react to things.

I think N++ took me about 80-90 hours, which if the same person who is able to do N++ (and genuinely feels it is not very difficult) in that amount of time invested it in practicing other difficult games, I feel confident that they would be able to do them quite easily in a fraction of the time (with the exception of some longer ones like Super Meat Boy, Dariusburst, Trials Fusion, that may take 50-200+ hours depending on the person). It's really just a mentality thing, you don't need to be skilled to be able to do any of this, you just need to spend some time practicing, which is not even that much of a time investment if you play multiplayer games or grindy games because those are almost the same where you are just repeat similar actions over and over. 

Overall, I guess my point is that it's fine to hunt trophies for fun but you shouldn't really think you are a skilled or top player simply because you can complete some difficult feats and earn some trophies; most people simply don't want to invest (waste) time practicing over and over, and I really can't blame them.  Even for the hardest games (obviously with some exceptions) they really aren't difficult because they can be brute forced through muscle memory by any average gamer, oftentimes without much of a time investment even, through practicing for dozens of hours. 

This is my final comments to this as your logic is honestly stupid. Just because you can brute force something with muscle memory that doesn't make it easy... You understand how you build muscle memory right? Thats you learning the thing because you put time into it and if they are so easy it wouldn't require you to build up that muscle memory. Instruments aren't hard because the hardest songs on them can be brute forced with muscle memory, thats your logic. 

You said N++ is a 9/10 but that requires muscle memory for those levels ( and don't say it doesn't as I know 2 people who played it 1 plat the others still doing it ) and is very long so using your logic N++ isn't hard it's just long and 99% of gamers don't want to waste time on it. And I agree with Kakrackle no one here but you is thinking highly of themselves. 

Just putting this here incase you reply. Yes you're acting like an ass and definitely making others feel worse. You're saying games that the vast majority of people deem hard aren't hard because muh muscle memory, if you try saying the piano thing is wrong well no it isn't. If you learn just the hardest song on it thats repeating the same movements thus building up your muscle memory for that song and before you say anything about reading music you don't you can just watch synthesia vids and they work perfectly. 

Edited by lilpain97

I added Final chapter since it was quite easy to do :)

I have been wanting to type up a guide since I plat but I always lose motivation so it's really good to see someone explain everything in extreme detail and have a video. Gl with ch 2, 3 and 4. Decided screw it and got back to the guide.

Edited by lilpain97

You can find more videos on Ikaruga if you search for the japanese title (斑鳩 IKARUGA). There's usually some terrific japanese players on these niche games and some amazing videos, but problem is that they're very lazy with descriptions and it will be hard and a lot of time to find what you want. But there's usually a few hidden gems.

12 hours ago, lilpain97 said:

@Vergil would you like to help on making the guide? 

Sure why not. Its gonna take awhile for me to finish all as i'm quite busy so any help is welcome! 

1 hour ago, Vergil said:

Sure why not. Its gonna take awhile for me to finish all as i'm quite busy so any help is welcome! 

Ill add your name now. Feel free to make any changes you need to it. Just read it again, are you implying you have a guide started or about this page? If you have a guide started we can maybe pick bits and pieces from the two. If youre on about this page we could turn it into a proper guide as I have one started andneed help cleaning it up.   

Edited by lilpain97

14 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

Ill add your name now. Feel free to make any changes you need to it. Just read it again, are you implying you have a guide started or about this page? If you have a guide started we can maybe pick bits and pieces from the two. If youre on about this page we could turn it into a proper guide as I have one started andneed help cleaning it up.   

I meant for this only actually :)

I may do a guide later myself. But one over at pst i'm afraid 

Just now, Vergil said:

I meant for this only actually :)

I may do a guide later myself. But one over at pst i'm afraid 

Ahhh my bad. I have a guide started already and im trying to find people to help clean up/maybe explain sections better. Sorry for the confusion.  

1 minute ago, lilpain97 said:

Ahhh my bad. I have a guide started already and im trying to find people to help clean up/maybe explain sections better. Sorry for the confusion.  

No worries. I put it out wrong i think :)

3 minutes ago, Vergil said:

No worries. I put it out wrong i think :)

Gl with your guide man. Quick question, should I do text explanations for everything? I have Text explanations for all bosses and ch1 and 5. Ch3 I have just started and some sections are extremely hard to explain.      

Edited by lilpain97

7 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

Gl with your guide man. Quick question, should I do text explanations for everything? I have Text explanations for all bosses and ch1 and 5. Ch3 I have just started and some sections are extremely hard to explain.      

Really up to you. I Dunno what demands the guide team here have. Never done a guide here :)