Game ded

DDAM

So yes, the game's servers will be shutting down on April 8th.

Source: https://steamcommunity.com/games/orcsmustdieunchained/announcements/detail/1696068721456424914

This is for the PC version but the message is also apparently live on PS4. They are saying they are giving players a "a substantial free grant of hard and soft currencies to enjoy the remaining weeks of live play", so that may help with those grindy trophies (if that goes live on PS4).

EDIT: okay so apparently those free currencies won't help with the trophies as the grindiest trophy for spending gold isn't related to them but is a resource during individual matches.

Edited by IDiivil
Additional information
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

Is it even possible to plat it in three months? Seeing how low the plat rate is, I'm guessing no.

Sure is. It'd be rough, though. Empty Pockets requires around 10x the grind of the other trophies put together, and it's just playing a map to spend money. 

The guide on this site estimates 400 hours. About 90 days between now and April 8th. You'd have to spend ~4.5 hours a day, every day, between now and then to get the plat.

I think I'll pass.

EDIT: This assumes the estimate of 400 hours is correct, of course. I can't vouch for it myself. :)

Edited by RNumbers

5 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

Is it even possible to plat it in three months? Seeing how low the plat rate is, I'm guessing no.

It'll take hundreds of hours for sure. Especially starting from scratch. I gave up ages ago. I spent a natural few hundred hours [Sony sent out an email of online stats and it said over 200 hours, but it also gave my most played online game to Marvel Heroes Omega when that had less according to them, so it's a bit wonky and probably not totally accurate]. ANyway, just naturally playing with probably 10 hours of "effective grinding" it out, I only have 1/4th of the amount.

No thanks. It's flat out boring to do. It's just too ridiculous.

Edited by Elvick_

Shit, I only have about 25% of the empty pocket trophy and for some reason I can't get more than 25k coin per minute even if I follow videos that manage to make around 30-31k. I refuse to have a game with permanent 97% completion on my profile, so I guess all the cool games I have ready will have to wait until I have the plat for this one. Definitely doable in terms of time, but damn if the developers for not making coin grinding a bit easier in the last weeks of the game for people who are getting short on time, empty pockets is requiring like 5x more grinding than all the other trophies combined.

Edit: Free currency just made things easier, at least for me because I did not have everything maxed, so I am fully satisfied with that.

Edited by Nighcisama
Free currency improved things for me

The first two were great. I did like Unchained a ton, too, though I'd have preferred it be a paid game with more reachable goals. As it is, I was happy about playing it until the only trophy left is Empty Pockets. Maybe they'll lower the requirements on that one before the game dies.

19 minutes ago, BTHRZeroX said:

I am in the game and checked the dashboard and see nothing mentioned

It’s the big image on the homepage that says “Important announcement from Robot”. It showed there yesterday when I logged in. You have to actually click that banner portion.