Trophy Mini Guide

You

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Just though I'd share a few tips which helped me get platinum, most trophies are easy, but for some of the trickier trophies:-

- In hindsight for me it's a better idea to play through career on easy, then play all the opponents on Pro difficulty using freeplay so you can play as the stronger boxers. Some of the fights are very hard, almost too tough on career with the default boxer.

- For the hand behind your back trophy DO NOT put your hand behind your back as that hand can't see the Playstation camera and at that point, when the tracking is lost, your hand could be anywhere. Put it behind you but to the left or the right so the camera can still see it. As long as the move controller is behind your VR headset, you should be ok. To be sure, what I did was start freeplay, easiest setting, first opponent and put the controller behind me to the left, on a tallish chair with the move controller facing forward, then I just stood perfectly still and punched with my right hand, no dodging required, just punch and you will win easily.

- For the trophy where you have to block all the flurry punches with one hand, choose the first guy, pro mode on freeplay, let him hit you, within a few punches you will very quickly get hit into a flurry attack, the screen will go reddish. The first guy has a very easy to master combo, it's just left, right, left right, left right etc. All you need to do is move your hand left and right to catch all the punches and his are mostly all at the same height. If you fail, just press start and choose to rematch.

- For winning after getting knocked down three times, Start as usual, first character, free mode on easiest setting. Stand there and let him punch you, it takes a fair while. Stand still and do nothing but make sure when you're downed that you play properly and swing your arms to get up. For the third time, you really do have to swing your arms very fast, it's very easy to die by mistake so be careful. What I did was let him knock me down twice, then I knocked him down twice, after the third time you get up, let rip and don't hold back. Should be easy though as you're only on easiest setting. You'll probably get this trophy playing on pro mode anyway since some opponents are hard to defeat within also getting knocked down three times yourself.

- Registering a dodge in this game is very finicky, for the 10 dodges trophy you don't even need to finish a match, just choose the first opponent, on easy and on free mode, do nothing, just keep dodging, swaying your head avoiding punches until the trophy pops mid fight.

- Doing all opponents on pro mode, Mad Dog is the hardest to beat, but the final two opponents are no push over either, choose Mad Dog or Rocky as they have stronger punches than all the other boxers. Sure they don't have very good defense, but if you have more attack power, the fight will be over quicker anyway. Pro mode is hard on career mode so make sure you play on free mode. Also in the options, do not disable the rounds as this can be used to your advantage. Keep rounds on, when you hear the first bell, you have about 5 or 10 seconds left in the round. Once you hear this noise, go absolutely all out and punch like crazy, don't worry if your character gets tired and the gloves go all red, as soon as the next round starts you will be back to full power again. Disabling rounds only helps the CPU since their fists never suffer from tiredness.

- A general tip for pro mode, I kind of got motion sick when moving around with the move controllers in this game, so I didn't do it at all, even then I was still able to get platinum. In other words if I was able to get platinum by standing still and letting the opponent always come to me, anybody can.

- Dodging and swaying with your body in pro mode is essential for most opponents but it's more important to learn the attack patterns of certain boxers and look out for those blue flashes in their gloves before they punch. I find it's always more important to hit first, hit them before they hit you. Mad dog's stomach punch from the bottom left is the one you definitely need to be careful of.

- You can never get up a 4th time in a fight, however some of the pro mode boxers require knockdowns more than three times. In pro mode in general, if I get hit down twice and my opponent still hasn't fallen down once, I just restart to save time and energy.

-----

Big thanks go out to EpicNogg4 for telling me about Rocky's strength in the game.

thanks man i been struggling on a few of these and this will help. i have a added tip for the one hand fight. i played with my left hand behind my back and trophy did not pop. saw a guy do it the opposite way in a video, so i played just using my left hand to punch and it popped the trophy right away. for some reason using the left hand seems to make it work better i dunno why. also your dodging will help me because i keep thinking i have to and it dont pop, but now that i know itll pop mid game that helps me not waste time on rematches.

if i get knocked down 3 times i can never make it to the ring no matter who i am. i dont know if i should be doing more of a longer swing, or short and fast. 

also another tip in the settings on free mode you can skip the intro (which im sure your aware of but others might not be), this means you wont have to walk to the fighter and wait for the babble instead youll already be at touch glives to fight. 

• Like 1

Hi melodicmizery, thanks for your comment. Yes I'm sure pretty much everyone will skip the intro, which is why I didn't mention it, just a mini guide, doesn't cover everything.

As for getting up a third time, yes you have to swing very fast and also nice big swings, don't copy that dude on the right doing his casual swings, try to run for real and swing your arms as if you were actually running as fast as you can, of course without moving your legs.

Ultra fast pumping isn't enough if you don't get enough enough distance, I suggest swinging your arms from your waist up to your forehead and back, no need to put them behind your back, like I don't don't copy that dude on the right showing you how to run, it does not work like that. I'll add a tip to my mini guide for that

If you're still struggling try it with a different boxer, I feel certain that other boxers since they have skills, like "spirited", one of those must help in trying to get up a 3rd time.

• Like 1

Hey melodicmizery - when you get knocked down in the future look down at your legs in VR, when you are swinging your arms. Your legs should be moving as you attempt to get back to your body. I noticed that on the third knockdown you must swing your arms faster to get back than in the earlier knockdowns, but if you don’t see you legs moving you back to your boxer you might not be moving them fast and long enough. To agree with an earlier point. If you are fighting on the highest level and get knocked down a third time you may want to restart the fight as you will burn a lot of energy getting back to your body and could be knocked out with just a few punches unless you feel you have the edge. If you are not using locomotion and moving around and get knocked down a third time... it’s over for you on the highest level. Hope this helps!

Edited by kingdell6
  • Like 2

nothing works nicely for me in this game

the guy who made this game doesnt know shit about boxing lol

dodge controls dont work as intended i even droped completely on the floor to dodge and it doesnt work

i counter the boxer with a straight and hook like 3 times and he doesnt even get stagered and stil lands his hits on me even when it was a clean hook to the temple.

doesnt matter how strong or light you hit.. they do same dmg...

you need 20~30hits for a gameover while the ai needs 130+ hits and he can stil wake up from a 4th down.. 

ai has unblockable moves which staggers you too

the game is a big mess :(

cant even defeat some fighters even when i knocked them down 4 times.. but they knock me down in 4 or 5 hits

7 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

dodge controls dont work as intended i even droped completely on the floor to dodge and it doesnt work

i counter the boxer with a straight and hook like 3 times and he doesnt even get stagered and stil lands his hits on me even when it was a clean hook to the temple.

you need 20~30hits for a gameover while the ai needs 130+ hits and he can stil wake up from a 4th down.. 

cant even defeat some fighters even when i knocked them down 4 times.. but they knock me down in 4 or 5 hits

for me dodge only seems to work when i lean backwards and tilt the upper half of my body back then it seems like their fists miss me, any other way doesnt seem to register for me. some of the boxers have certain patterns, i usually block and they do there pattern and then i get one hit in. it also seems like going for the body doesnt register 95% of the time so you have to depend on head shots. i still like the game but i agree it does have its flaws. there was one match they made me lose on purpose i guess it was part of the game. championship level gets ridiculous

On 1/11/2019 at 0:14 AM, kingdell6 said:

Hey melodicmizery - when you get knocked down in the future look down at your legs in VR, when you are swinging your arms. Your legs should be moving as you attempt to get back to your body. I noticed that on the third knockdown you must swing your arms faster to get back than in the earlier knockdowns, but if you don’t see you legs moving you back to your boxer you might not be moving them fast and long enough. To agree with an earlier point. If you are fighting on the highest level and get knocked down a third time you may want to restart the fight as you will burn a lot of energy getting back to your body and could be knocked out with just a few punches unless you feel you have the edge. If you are not using locomotion and moving around and get knocked down a third time... it’s over for you on the highest level. Hope this helps!

thanks guys the running tips will help alot, ill prob try again tommorow my arms been sore for like 3 fkn days haha. normally i would just give up on championship if im knocked down a 3rd time, but since there is 1 trophy linked to winning after 3 knockdowns thats the one i was having a issue with even on easy. but with your guys advice i should be able to do it now 

wel i just finsihed the top row on champion botom row left..

the last boss trophy didn pop when i beat him on champion either  :(((( so i have to beat him again now

iam good at boxing bec i know the rules and watched many boxing matches but this game is flawed :D

look at this image for example

i blocked over 80% and had to land 122 hits to win while he only needed 20 hits to ko me 2 times and maybe 2 or 3 more hits and it would of been the 3rd...

https://imgur.com/a/8CBttz0

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

the last boss trophy didn pop when i beat him on champion either  :(((( so i have to beat him again now

iam good at boxing bec i know the rules and watched many boxing matches but this game is flawed :D

i blocked over 80% and had to land 122 hits to win while he only needed 20 hits to ko me 2 times and maybe 2 or 3 more hits and it would of been the 3rd...

that screenshot doesnt make me very happy about my future lmao. my arms are going to be like spaghetti after that

27 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

that screenshot doesnt make me very happy about my future lmao. my arms are going to be like spaghetti after that

i have back pain shoulders are numb and ribs ache me ?

if the game worked as intended i would of had the plat by now lol

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, melodicmizery said:

lmao time to hit the massage parlors. i was cracking up when you said dove on the ground to dodge, first time i played i uppercutted my ceiling fan

xD

u should of seen my friend.. 1st time VR user he tried creed and when he moved front he actualy moved and crashed in to my cupoard xD nearly trashed the room lol

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hakoom said:

Is that really you THE millions of platinum Hakoom? If it is you, I fell honoured you have entered this thread. :)

9 hours ago, Hakoom said:

Ah shit, I forgot to mention I had this problem too. Game doesn't pop trophies unless you are connected to the Internet, make sure you are connected to the Internet before starting the game. I found this out when the game wouldn't even install the trophies in the first place because I wasn't connected to the Internet

8 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

I suspect many of your hits were 5 or 10 damage, you need to punch fast to get 20 damage ones. Also where you hit your opponent in the head and at what timing is also crucial, if you hit your opponent and they stagger, stop doing the attack they are doing or a voice over of yourself sayng "Nice one" you can assume you got a very good hit.

Alternatively you should choose Rocky or Mad Dog as every punch automatically does a bit more damage.

It's very important I found to learn the attack pattern of each opponent's flurry. Mad Dog got me in one constantly but once I learned the pattern I was able to block every single punch and recover, if you fail you can get easily get knocked down. I also found sometimes you can get a knockdown after only two, I think it might be down to damage in one area. Like for example if the right side of their face is heavily damaged, keep aiming at that area. Also don't forget about the stomach, I often do a one two punch, either face->stomach, or stomach-> face. I've managed to get a knockdown when punching someone in the stomach. At any rate if they block, stomach punch and then when they stop blocking, face punch.

Don't even worry about doing dodging and getting the slow motion, I never used it. It's more important to at least move your head out the of the way or block with your hands those blue windup punches that can sometimes knock into a flurry or knock you down straight away. It's also useful to know that you are more likely to get knocked if you hear panting noises from yourself (which happens when either one of your gloves is too red)

Finally, just a bit of luck doesn't go a miss. I managed to knock MadDog down twice before he finally knocked me down once, on the time i beat him. I can't stress enough, if you have a bad start, just lose on purpose and start again.

Edited by enaysoft
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, enaysoft said:

Is that really you THE millions of platinum Hakoom? If it is you, I fell honoured you have entered this thread. :)

Ah shit, I forgot to mention I had this problem too. Game doesn't pop trophies unless you are connected to the Internet, make sure you are connected to the Internet before starting the game. I found this out when the game wouldn't even install the trophies in the first place because I wasn't connected to the Internet

I suspect many of your hits were 5 or 10 damage, you need to punch fast to get 20 damage ones. Also where you hit your opponent in the head and at what timing is also crucial, if you hit your opponent and they stagger, stop doing the attack they are doing or a voice over of yourself sayng "Nice one" you can assume you got a very good hit.

Alternatively you should choose Rocky or Mad Dog as every punch automatically does a bit more damage.

It's very important I found to learn the attack pattern of each opponent's flurry. Mad Dog got me in one constantly but once I learned the pattern I was able to block every single punch and recover, if you fail you can get easily get knocked down. I also found sometimes you can get a knockdown after only two, I think it might be down to damage in one area. Like for example if the right side of their face is heavily damaged, keep aiming at that area. Also don't forget about the stomach, I often do a one two punch, either face->stomach, or stomach-> face. I've managed to get a knockdown when punching someone in the stomach. At any rate if they block, stomach punch and then when they stop blocking, face punch.

Don't even worry about doing dodging and getting the slow motion, I never used it. It's more important to at least move your head out the of the way or block with your hands those blue windup punches that can sometimes knock into a flurry or knock you down straight away. It's also useful to know that you are more likely to get knocked if you hear panting noises from yourself (which happens when either one of your gloves is too red)

Finally, just a bit of luck doesn't go a miss. I managed to knock MadDog down twice before he finally knocked me down once, on the time i beat him. I can't stress enough, if you have a bad start, just lose on purpose and start again.

not millions lol

wel iam incapacitated for the next few days ;x anymore and i would be injured irl lol

i beat maddog but i cant beat rhino or the last boss which i have left for the rest of trophies

i knocked rhino 3 times and then he just knocks me down 4 times in less than a minute no idea how that even happend...

14 hours ago, Hakoom said:

not millions lol

wel iam incapacitated for the next few days ;x anymore and i would be injured irl lol

i beat maddog but i cant beat rhino or the last boss which i have left for the rest of trophies

i knocked rhino 3 times and then he just knocks me down 4 times in less than a minute no idea how that even happend...

Rhino was the one I struggled with as well. I figured out quick flurries to his face worked by far the best and keep your hands up

On 1/11/2019 at 3:22 AM, enaysoft said:

Hey kingdell6, nice tip, I will add that in if you don't mind. :)

As I mentioned, you can use locomotion but I managed to get Platinum without as it made me feel ill very quickly.

Sure add whatever you like. I also noticed that with me I preferred to jab and hit the head more than the body and I felt locomotion helped me keep that preference for me in fights. 

Oh yea - locomotion I agree can make your head hurt, but I advise it after a knockdown. Move to a safer area and let the ai come to you.  You can calmly wall to a spot and press triangle and the button will center the ai opponent for you. If you are taking a lot of hits sometimes I found that I could dodge a big punch and the just walk through the ai boxer (they leave a straight lane behind them) and then press triangle and wait for them to find me. On some videos I found online they get pretty extreme with the locomotion to the point they don’t want to take any hits. Use what you are comfortable with and you should be fine. The goal with locomotion is merely to get to a safer spot and gain some stamina as the opponent ai makes their way to you. Often then come with a power punch, dodge that first punch and counter them. If you stamina is low dodge and move some more.

10 hours ago, kingdell6 said:

Sure add whatever you like. I also noticed that with me I preferred to jab and hit the head more than the body and I felt locomotion helped me keep that preference for me in fights. 

Oh yea - locomotion I agree can make your head hurt, but I advise it after a knockdown. Move to a safer area and let the ai come to you.  You can calmly wall to a spot and press triangle and the button will center the ai opponent for you. If you are taking a lot of hits sometimes I found that I could dodge a big punch and the just walk through the ai boxer (they leave a straight lane behind them) and then press triangle and wait for them to find me. On some videos I found online they get pretty extreme with the locomotion to the point they don’t want to take any hits. Use what you are comfortable with and you should be fine. The goal with locomotion is merely to get to a safer spot and gain some stamina as the opponent ai makes their way to you. Often then come with a power punch, dodge that first punch and counter them. If you stamina is low dodge and move some more.

i havent tried locomotion

what does it exactly change?

16 minutes ago, Hakoom said:

The best tips I can give you would be: 

- Choose Rocky (His overall stats are really nice)

- Stand your ground 

- Avoid moving around the ring, it just makes things more complicated 

- Wait for your opening (Let him throw punches until he leaves an opening then attack his chest or head, whichever is open)

- Punch in small bursts (Your character can get tired pretty quickly meaning you will be doing no damage just exposing yourself)

- Always be blocking (Unless you are throwing punches of course :P)

And yeah the accuracy to real boxing is way off but the game is still fun once you get a feel for how everything works imo :)

31 minutes ago, EpicNogg4 said:

The best tips I can give you would be: 

- Choose Rocky (His overall stats are really nice)

- Stand your ground 

- Avoid moving around the ring, it just makes things more complicated 

- Wait for your opening (Let him throw punches until he leaves an opening then attack his chest or head, whichever is open)

- Punch in small bursts (Your character can get tired pretty quickly meaning you will be doing no damage just exposing yourself)

- Always be blocking (Unless you are throwing punches of course :P)

And yeah the accuracy to real boxing is way off but the game is still fun once you get a feel for how everything works imo :)

i did exactly that and it doesnt work

i keep getting hit by unblockable punches

i think rhino is the best player to pick since he has strong defense and offense and at the end only the amount of hits count around 120~130 you wont be able to win with 40 or 50 hits

i knocked down 1 guy 4 times and he still stood up and killed me

well iam disabled now for the 2nd day i cant move xD

il wait till i heal and try again lol

• Like 2

I couldn't defeat Rhino until I chose the guy in the furthest top right. Locomotion is when you move by twirling your controllers to move in a particular direction, not only did I find it nauseating but I had trouble pressing triangle to line up my opponent and ended up fighting to either the left or right of my camera, and just gave up doing that. Every punch in the game is blockable, some of the upper cuts though or jabs are difficult. If I saw a punch from the left I would generally move my head a bit to the right while holding a hand top left and the other bottom left in order to block it.

I suggest Hakoom since you are tired, go into a fight with Rhino on easiest setting and don't fight back, just watch his combos, think like dark souls and memorise their attack patterns.

I struggled with Mad Dog, but at the start he does, left, right, left, about 3 or 4 times at the start of the round. So I just blocked his attacks then immediately smacked him in the face twice, that was me off to a good start.

On 1/13/2019 at 0:32 AM, enaysoft said:

alot of these tips helped me, the running especially i got it right away swinging the way you guys said. also got the dodging. having a little trouble with the stupid montage because for some reason my vr keeps loading everything super close to me like right in my face and it doesnt give me enough room to even move. ive mmanaged to still hit most of the things but then the one where you have to dodge the swinging ball (lol) i always get hit by the stupid thing no matter if i dodge down left right whatever. ima have to clear everything out of my room i think to get this one because i cant move any farther back with the screen syncing wrong. 

On 1/12/2019 at 6:48 PM, Hakoom said:

xD

u should of seen my friend.. 1st time VR user he tried creed and when he moved front he actualy moved and crashed in to my cupoard xD nearly trashed the room lol

thats hilarious hahah, i invited one of my parents over thats 70 and had them try just regular vr and they said "omg im getting sick, get this shit off my head" hahahaha

but yeah rhino is kicking the shit out of me to. i got 2 trophies today so im calling it quits for another few days. my shoulder feels like its dislocated this is ridiculously painful lol

my friend found a glitch in the game that can make the game much easier

but i tried mimicing it again and i couldnt

my friend came over to try the game out because he wanted to  buy it

so while he was testing it he got knocked down and reached his body exactly at the count of 10.. what happend is that the AI won yes BUT... the match kept going on lol so i told him to keep hitting the enemy and see if he can get KOed and he did and the enemy went down and the trophies poped lol it was my last fight xD

what a weird glitch but here it is if you can mimic it then it will be an easy win

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2019 at 9:41 AM, Hakoom said:

my friend found a glitch in the game that can make the game much easier

but i tried mimicing it again and i couldnt

my friend came over to try the game out because he wanted to  buy it

so while he was testing it he got knocked down and reached his body exactly at the count of 10.. what happend is that the AI won yes BUT... the match kept going on lol so i told him to keep hitting the enemy and see if he can get KOed and he did and the enemy went down and the trophies poped lol it was my last fight xD

what a weird glitch but here it is if you can mimic it then it will be an easy win

i had a weird glitch that my last punch that knocked the guy out actually ejected him into the crowd at full speed lol. i saved the capture of it

on the other hand i just beat lion twice on championship and this fkn trophy didnt pop. im super pissed at this game at this point

6 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

i had a weird glitch that my last punch that knocked the guy out actually ejected him into the crowd at full speed lol. i saved the capture of it

on the other hand i just beat lion twice on championship and this fkn trophy didnt pop. im super pissed at this game at this point

lol the killer KO

happend to me once that i didnt get a trophy for beating a person i think if the tv is off or somethign it wont rtegister it

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hakoom said:

lol the killer KO

happend to me once that i didnt get a trophy for beating a person i think if the tv is off or somethign it wont rtegister it

i think your right because i think i may have saw a update and just turned the game on without updating so i was offline. i think we may have found what the bug is then. offline may bug the trophy out. after i installed the update i turned it back on and won and it popped (as well as every ligament in my body hah)

it figures you already platted it, they added about 4 new boxers i think you would of liked. ivan drago seems a bit more powerfull then rocky so far.

i wont keep anymore of your time, nice talking to yah man, keep grinding them trophies. peace!