Project Platinum: Kingdom Hearts 2.0

Venocide

7 hours ago, Kristycism said:

KH3 is complete now, so I can be bumped up from Seeker of Darkness to Keyblade Master! Yay! And all plats are milestones, because I'm sad like that :P

I'll do the PS3 games one day. It's the only series (or games in general) I will ever stack, I think :P

Done! :D And you made them all milestones? Wow, impressive. :o 

• Like 1

Jumped onto KHFM and all I accomplished was get a few levels on Sora and synth a few new items including the last EXP item. (The Bracelet - that Stormy Stone is a pain and a half to get because you have to travel to another world to reset the Neoshadows, it's going to be annoying getting 3 for the Ultima Weapon. Putting off the inevitable farming for Power Stones - kept getting caught by those stupid SniperWilds, will probably need to kill Phantom for Stopga to see if it hits all enemies on the screen because I keep missing the third one on the third wave. :()

I need to start up Dream Drop Distance HD soon. Just need to set my game plan.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2019 at 1:13 AM, Kristycism said:

Impressive, or just very sad? xD

Well I don't think it's sad, I think its awesome. Bit bummed I didn't think of it myself lol

On 2/14/2019 at 3:41 AM, Vincent_1873 said:

Just platinum KH3, so with that I'm worthy for Master of Hearts, right? Had every single other title on PS3/PS4 platinum/100% too, add me please :)

On 2/14/2019 at 3:56 AM, KANERKB said:

WeIl I done kh1 and all the 100% and trying to do 3 now so am I Guardian of Light if I join?

I'll add you both in a moment :) I'm on my phone right now so it'll take me a little longer. 

@KANERKB At the the moment you come under Keyblade Wielder because you only have the one platinum trophy. I have added you to Aqua Fan as well because you have a 100% in all the games without a platinum :)

I beat KH3 the other day and all I say is....I loved every minute! I did stop playing for a few days, that's because I knew I was approaching the end.... and I didn't want it to end. Now I've beaten it, I can say that I loved every god damn minute of it. Well done to everyone who worked on this masterpiece, and the entire KH series.

Not ashamed to admit that I shed tears about 4 times Haha 

Edited by Venocide

Since I already posted all of this on Cassy's trophy checklist thread, I am just going to  quote it. ^_^

I just hit 75% platinum completion in Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. I managed to beat the first two super-bosses, Kurt Zisa and Phantom. I died to Phantom once but that was because I wasn't careful and let Goofy get banished to the Shadow Realm so I was fighting him alone. I wanted him to use those Elixirs I gave him but he just sat around and attacked the Phantom like an idiot. I am sure hoping that they really did fix the intelligence of Sora's companions in Kingdom Hearts 3. :P

Managed to beat the Hades Cup too and spent all night grinding out Sora to max level fighting those stupid guys with the shields that have wolf faces on them, but they didn't drop a single Defender shield. Jerkwads. Oh yeah, also FINALLY got the Synth Master trophy, I got to Level 79 farming those damn Pink Agaricus mushrooms to get enough Serenity Powers. I hate those guys and the pink female monkeys In Traverse Town. I managed to get all the Power Stones I needed by spamming Dumbo to take out the required six monkeys for them to drop the Power Stone and actually got two from one run before the elephant passed out and I had to get out of Dodge before the Cucco Squad, er Sniperwild backups one-shot me. xD

All I have to do now is beat the rest of the Superbosses(Seph is gonna be a bitch), shoot down gummi ships until I hit 2500 (I already got the last blueprint from a rare ship in the Wonderland / Deep Jungle transit), go through Hades Cup in one shot Solo and Time Attack (to get the last shield and staff) and find any missing weapons for the Master trophies, and THEN go through the story all over again on Proud Mode. (I am doing all of this on Beginner because no way I am gonna fight Seph and Unknown with double damage taken.)

I will try to start Kingdom Hearts II soon so I can at least get the main story done one Beginner Mode. (Crit will have to wait until I have the time to grind Roxas up to Level 40 so I don't get one-shot by those f'king Large Bodies in Beast's Castle.)

• Like 1

I've started working on Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix, running the main story so I can get 50% trophy completion on it so I won't feel like a feel when I unwrap and boot up Kingdom Hearts 3. I know there is a memory archive there but I want to try to get as many of the original games' cutscenes watched before March 1st when I start Kingdom Hearts 3. I made a promise to get 50% trophy completion in every game beforehand so I am going to be 24/7 working on that. I already got 75% trophy completion in the original Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. Just need to do the Hades cup twice more to get the Save the weapons for Donald and Goofy, defeat some uber super-bosses, and shoot down 2500 more gummi ships. ;)

EDIT: Finally got Corroded by Darkness, it was just one Anti-Form away. Also did the Paradox Titan cup but trying to get all of those point is insane. Every time I tried to do Stitch Strats the Samurais keep cheap shotting me. :(

Edited by SuperSmash5U
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mah2c said:

Update me into the keyblade master category xD

Kingdom Hearts 3 plat is already mine and with it the whole legacy platinum :D

Done :D 

I think it's time I started working on the platinum now that the trophy guide is up ^^

Edited by Venocide

12 hours ago, ihate_ray said:

Also damn props to everyone who got BBS plat. I was gonna try but if I was having issues with crit KH2 (roxas mostly) I cant imagine bbs :/

As long as you get the EXP Walker as early as possible you shouldn't have a problem with Critical. 

The hardest parts of BBS are mainly Mysterious Figure and Ice Cream Beat. Neither of which you have to do on Critical. (don't let anyone tell you different. ;))

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

As long as you get the EXP Walker as early as possible you shouldn't have a problem with Critical. 

The hardest parts of BBS are mainly Mysterious Figure and Ice Cream Beat. Neither of which you have to do on Critical. (don't let anyone tell you different. ;))

Compared to KHII how difficult is the boss fights? Also I heard ice cream beat is awful and you have to do it three times :(

2 minutes ago, ihate_ray said:

Compared to KHII how difficult is the boss fights? Also I heard ice cream beat is awful and you have to do it three times :(

The beginning boss fights can suck a bit on Critical but as this post in the comments section states,

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/2089-kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep-trophy-guide/comments#message-3937

you can get exp walker before how the guide states even though it's a bit boring. Once you get it though and rubber band your character to 30-40? The rest of the fights become a breeze. And you can level up Aqua even more for the last 2 episodes. The secret bosses are the hardest in the series but with perseverance they go down like any other boss. One of them even has an exploit. If you got by Lingering Will and the Data fights in KH2 you could get through these.

As for Ice Cream Beat, you do need to play with all 3 characters, but Maestro only needs to be done ONCE. The other 2 characters simply need to get whatever score is sufficient to unlock the 2nd mode for the song.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

The beginning boss fights can suck a bit on Critical but as this post in the comments section states,

https://psnprofiles.com/guide/2089-kingdom-hearts-birth-by-sleep-trophy-guide/comments#message-3937

you can get exp walker before how the guide states even though it's a bit boring. Once you get it though and rubber band your character to 30-40? The rest of the fights become a breeze. And you can level up Aqua even more for the last 2 episodes. The secret bosses are the hardest in the series but with perseverance they go down like any other boss. One of them even has an exploit. If you got by Lingering Will and the Data fights in KH2 you could get through these.

As for Ice Cream Beat, you do need to play with all 3 characters, but Maestro only needs to be done ONCE. The other 2 characters simply need to get whatever score is sufficient to unlock the 2nd mode for the song.

Data Fights weren't too bad (Axel gave me issues cause of the stupid floor but it wasn't combat related just stupid gimmicks) I don't know it sounds very tempting. The way you word it sounds like its possible for me :P  Honestly for KH2 the hardest part for me was Roxas cause he was so unpredictable for me, but I ended up just over leveling a bit and it helped. So you can use exp walker for all three? For someone who hasn't played BBS should crit be the last thing I do?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ihate_ray said:

Data Fights weren't too bad (Axel gave me issues cause of the stupid floor but it wasn't combat related just stupid gimmicks) I don't know it sounds very tempting. The way you word it sounds like its possible for me :P  Honestly for KH2 the hardest part for me was Roxas cause he was so unpredictable for me, but I ended up just over leveling a bit and it helped. So you can use exp walker for all three? For someone who hasn't played BBS should crit be the last thing I do?

EXP Walker can be gained by all 3 characters at the same point before the first tough boss battle. If you spend a little time leveling up and leveling up your D-links then you can get by the beginning fights easier. Once you get EXP Walker though you can make the game jokingly easy until the secret bosses. Vanitas Remnant has an exploit I fully suggest taking advantage of because I found him to be the hardest boss in the series legit. He has 1 health bar for a reason. Mysterious Figure is a matter of mastering the dodge and good use of thunder surge/cure commands.

The mirage arena will prove challenging, but again...once you rubber band your character to around 40 it gets way easier. I'm assuming you have the PS4 version? You can even leave yourself running in circles overnight on the first platform in the mirage arena where the save point is.

I will always recommend the hardest difficulty as the last thing to do. I don't agree, nor will I debate with any of you who come here and quote me, with people recommending the hardest difficulty so there's less playthroughs. Especially if you're already apprehensive about starting. On lower difficulties you'll also deal more damage to the secret bosses. Yeah they'll decimate your health no matter what but at least you're dealing more damage. Start out on Normal...maybe it's called Standard?...and get a feel for the game. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

EXP Walker can be gained by all 3 characters at the same point before the first tough boss battle. If you spend a little time leveling up and leveling up your D-links then you can get by the beginning fights easier. Once you get EXP Walker though you can make the game jokingly easy until the secret bosses. Vanitas Remnant has an exploit I fully suggest taking advantage of because I found him to be the hardest boss in the series legit. He has 1 health bar for a reason. Mysterious Figure is a matter of mastering the dodge and good use of thunder surge/cure commands.

The mirage arena will prove challenging, but again...once you rubber band your character to around 40 it gets way easier. I'm assuming you have the PS4 version? You can even leave yourself running in circles overnight on the first platform in the mirage arena where the save point is.

I will always recommend the hardest difficulty as the last thing to do. I don't agree, nor will I debate with any of you who come here and quote me, with people recommending the hardest difficulty so there's less playthroughs. Especially if you're already apprehensive about starting. On lower difficulties you'll also deal more damage to the secret bosses. Yeah they'll decimate your health no matter what but at least you're dealing more damage. Start out on Normal...maybe it's called Standard?...and get a feel for the game. 

Thank you so much for all of this. Before I wasn't gonna even touch the BBS plat but now i'm really tempted to do it. Any tricks about ice cream beat? I think if i'm able to do that then maybe i can get the plat. Usually there's always one trophy that blocks me and it seems like it might be that one.

Just now, ihate_ray said:

Thank you so much for all of this. Before I wasn't gonna even touch the BBS plat but now i'm really tempted to do it. Any tricks about ice cream beat? I think if i'm able to do that then maybe i can get the plat. Usually there's always one trophy that blocks me and it seems like it might be that one.

You're welcome. There is tons of info on the forums that you can use from the PS3 version too. There are people way more knowledgeable than me and since I have a shit memory I tend to forget the finer details of the games I play.

As for ICB...just practice. See if having the music on helps, see if having it off helps. During the faster sections pay a bit more attention. Personally, I found the PS4 version of ICB much easier than the PS3 version. 

• Like 2

On 21/02/2019 at 4:35 AM, ihate_ray said:

Keyblade Wielder here, have the KHII plat on ps4 :D

Also damn props to everyone who got BBS plat. I was gonna try but if I was having issues with crit KH2 (roxas mostly) I cant imagine bbs :/

12 hours ago, bellaalves said:

Sign me up! I've completed Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, Kingdom Hearts Re:coded and Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep - A Fragmentary Passage. Currently working on BBS plat.

Both added :D

@ihate_ray There isn't much I can add the the conversation, @Avatar_Of_Battle pretty much covered everything. What I can say about Ice Cream Beat is just... keep trying, you WILL get it eventually. I was gonna give up on the plat after a couple of attempts but I kept retrying the song over and over again until I mastered it. I'm no good at rhythm games so if I can do it, anyone can! I'm so good at ICB now that when I had to do them again on another character I was earning a fantastic rating without even trying lol. 

Oh, and the Thunder Surge/Cure strategy helps significantly when facing Mysterious Figure.   

Edited by Venocide
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Venocide said:

@ihate_ray There isn't much I can add the the conversation, @Avatar_Of_Battle pretty much covered everything. What I can say about Ice Cream Beat is just... keep trying, you WILL get it eventually. I was gonna give up on the plat after a couple of attempts but I kept retrying the song over and over again until I mastered it. I'm no good at rhythm games so if I can do it, anyone can! I'm so good at ICB now that when I had to do them again on another character I was earning a fantastic rating without even trying lol. 

Oh, and the Thunder Surge/Cure strategy helps significantly when facing Mysterious Figure.   

That's what bothered me most lol. Once I practice a bit I tend to be actually good at rhythm games unless the controls are just horrible. The decade's worth of experience I had playing DDR with a controller meant nothing to ICB lmfao. 

• Like 1