Project Platinum: Kingdom Hearts 2.0

Venocide

On 2/22/2019 at 9:05 PM, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

I will always recommend the hardest difficulty as the last thing to do. I don't agree, nor will I debate with any of you who come here and quote me, with people recommending the hardest difficulty so there's less playthroughs. Especially if you're already apprehensive about starting. On lower difficulties you'll also deal more damage to the secret bosses. Yeah they'll decimate your health no matter what but at least you're dealing more damage. Start out on Normal...maybe it's called Standard?...and get a feel for the game. 

Unlike Sora's adventures, I am doing Critical mode first on BBS because all I do with Crit is just complete all of the episodes and maybe get all of the collectibles, I don't waste time except to get the Xehanort Report in the Mirage Arena for Terra. This Crit mode is the easiest because you get can all three of the Trinity(Second Chance, Once More and Leaf Bracer) before even getting to Radiant Garden due to Command Melding. Once I get Critical Competitor, I just erased all of my save files and start over on Beginner to get 100% reports. Having to fight the uber bosses three times is so annoying, and Terra will be my hardest struggle.

However, it's likely KH3 will be my first Kingdom Hearts plat because despite all of the stuff you have to do there is no difficulty trophy or secret boss trophy. I know Nomura-san wants to make KH3 accessible since it's inclusive to XBOX so he wants the XBOXers to not struggle with it despite it being the end of a story arc, but I was surprised that the game wasn't harder. Not my prob, I am one of those EZPZ bums according to the Artifex Mundi titles I have on my list. xD

16 minutes ago, SuperSmash5U said:

Unlike Sora's adventures, I am doing Critical mode first on BBS because all I do with Crit is just complete all of the episodes and maybe get all of the collectibles, I don't waste time except to get the Xehanort Report in the Mirage Arena for Terra. This Crit mode is the easiest because you get can all three of the Trinity(Second Chance, Once More and Leaf Bracer) before even getting to Radiant Garden due to Command Melding. Once I get Critical Competitor, I just erased all of my save files and start over on Beginner to get 100% reports. Having to fight the uber bosses three times is so annoying, and Terra will be my hardest struggle.

However, it's likely KH3 will be my first Kingdom Hearts plat because despite all of the stuff you have to do there is no difficulty trophy or secret boss trophy. I know Nomura-san wants to make KH3 accessible since it's inclusive to XBOX so he wants the XBOXers to not struggle with it despite it being the end of a story arc, but I was surprised that the game wasn't harder. Not my prob, I am one of those EZPZ bums according to the Artifex Mundi titles I have on my list. xD

Sorta seems like you just play the way I do in reverse. Some people, mainly veterans, can start on Critical and be ok. I'm just against recommending it for everyone. Especially if someone is already apprehensive about playing. Better for them to get a feel for the game and hone their skills. 

Terra was definitely the most difficult for maneuvering, but he is the strongest. He'll do more damage and he's got the strongest keyblade so it's just a matter of taking your time and being able to dodge right since he doesn't have the invincibility frames Aqua and Ven do. I mean hell you can even use a thundersurge to dodge and it may even cause damage if MF dashes by you with an attack. You can exploit Vanitas Remnant, and for the armors it's reflex mostly. Shotlocks are your friend too although it's usually not recommended. I landed a few really handy shotlocks on the uber bosses that saved my ass.

KH3 sorta has a secret boss trophy. You have to beat him to fill out the gummiphone. He's really easy despite having more health bars than should ever be allowed lol.

hqdefault.jpg

Valuable Life Lesson #1 in Kingdom Hearts: DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, TURN YOUR FOCUS AWAY FROM THE GAME WHILE FIGHTING HEARTLESS ON *PROUD* MODE. THEY *WILL* GAME YOU OVER. :(

I was enthralled by a GBA Chain of Memories speedrun video so much that I didn't realize I had failed to pause during combat and when I turned around I saw the white screen and this screenshot I displayed and realized that Sora had let the Heartless gang up on him and wipe him out. Goodbye two hours of progress. ?

And yes, this is from re:Chain of Memories. I decided to platinum that game first since the story isn't that long due to the linear nature of the floors. However, I did recover my Black Room card though it was a smaller number. *sigh*

EDIT: 24 hours later and I finally unlocked Floor 3 and got over 30% of the cards for Sora. I don't think I will be able to complete the platinum before March 1st but I will do as much as I can.

Edited by SuperSmash5U

I got the the KHIII plat last week so I guess I can add myself Keyblade Master now :D 

On 28/02/2019 at 3:29 AM, SuperSmash5U said:

1L776c31.png

My first Kingdom Hearts plat! And it's the black sheep of the series! Yeah, my first Kingdom Hearts plat (on this account) is re:Chain of Memories. I've now gotten my heart back and no longer have to share bunks with the Dusks. I should have my Keyblade soon. xD

Congrats your first Kingdom Hearts platinum ^^ And I've upgraded you to Keyblade Wielder :D 

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/03/2019 at 7:13 AM, SuperSmash5U said:

Please update me, I have just platinumed Kingdom Hearts III! :D

kh3plat.png

On 04/04/2019 at 8:24 PM, Dragon-Archon said:

I've completed KH1, CoM, 358/2 Days, II, BbS, Re:Coded, DDD, Back Cover, and III. Sign me up for Keyblade Master.

On 26/03/2019 at 7:18 AM, MOALJANAHI said:

i got the kh 1 and kh3 platinums add me as key blade warrior 

All added :D Except for @SuperSmash5U, you need one more plat to move up to the next rank mate. :) 

And, requested by @Avatar_Of_Battle, I've added evilartifact to the ranks, rest in peace fella. :(

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, ZombHunter13 said:

I finally got out of the Nobody category with the first Kingdom Hearts being platted. It was a lot of fun to do and I’m looking forward to the rest already!?

Nicely done :D Moved you to the Keyblade Wielder rank ^^ 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/05/2019 at 2:35 PM, BlackTorito said:

So I have recently completed all the games in PS4 including the 100%, so I would like to join as a Keyblade Master and Aqua Fan ?

Added! :D Sorry about the late reponse, I meant to add you after I finished work last week >< 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I do plan on getting on this list, starting with KH3 and then going deeper and backwards to get the games in somewhat reverse order. This is my favorite action RPG series and with the re:Mind DLC coming out (and now that you can by the Platinum Blue keyblade DLC) I have no excuse for avoiding this series. (I actually got the re:Chain platinum which is supposed to be the black sheep of the franchise on my old account.)

• Like 1

If we don't count the two PS3 exclusive 100% games, I have completed:

• Kingdom Hearts
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
  • Kingdom Hearts II
  • Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
  • Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage 
  • Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
  • Kingdom Hearts III
  • Like 1

On 16/05/2019 at 1:12 AM, black__bunny said:

I finally have my plat for Kingdom Hearts (ps3) and first plat for the series. Please move me up to Keyblade Wielder 1f601.png

I dunno why but I never got a notification that you posted in here. Little late but you've been added now. ^^ Congrats!

On 25/06/2019 at 8:11 PM, RuneEyesDragon said:

I do plan on getting on this list, starting with KH3 and then going deeper and backwards to get the games in somewhat reverse order. This is my favorite action RPG series and with the re:Mind DLC coming out (and now that you can by the Platinum Blue keyblade DLC) I have no excuse for avoiding this series. (I actually got the re:Chain platinum which is supposed to be the black sheep of the franchise on my old account.)

Well I'll add you to the "Nobody" rank for the time being. Good luck on your KH journey! :D

On 25/06/2019 at 8:16 PM, Cryptonyte said:

Hi there, I just platinumed all of the Kingdom Hearts games on PS4 (it took me 5 and a half months), maybe I become a Keyblade Master?

You are indeed a Keyblade Master, congrats! :D

42 minutes ago, DARKHEARTRETURNS said:

i just got my kingdom hearts 3 platinum, can i be upgraded to keyblade master now

Upgraded, well done! :D 

18 minutes ago, Dreggit said:

If we don't count the two PS3 exclusive 100% games, I have completed:

• Kingdom Hearts
  • Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories
  • Kingdom Hearts II
  • Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep
  • Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage 
  • Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance
  • Kingdom Hearts III

Added you, well done! :D