Anyone Hyped for Anthem?

Wavergray

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

I don't know. DLC and lootboxes have kind of ruined new AAA games for me. Games are so expensive already and then I am made to feel like I am only getting half the game (for full price) it just has turned me off of new games.

I was hesitant about buying a PS4 and if games continue on this trend this will be the last system I ever buy.

Anthem has been confirmed not to have loot boxes and the only microtransactions will be for cosmetics like skins.

Can anyone that played the Alpha tell me if you need to be logged in to an EA account to play it? I can't log in to mine because I forgot the password and I can't choose "forgot password" because that email address got deleted for lack of use.

I have contacted EA multiple times but they have been no help whatsoever. They basically said I was SOL. I asked them to unlink my PSN account and I would just start a new EA account but they said no. Supposedly once linked it can't be unlinked which I find hard to believe but whatever.

Long story short I'm afraid to buy ANTHEM if I can't even play it.

I should be hyped for it since the "loot based" genre is by far my favorite genre. I don't think I've ever played a loot grinding game that I didn't spend a minimum of 500 hours with. Not to mention, it's Bioware who I've always loved.

But on the other side of that coin, The Division 2 comes out not long after. A game in the same genre. A game that I know I'll enjoy. A game that already has a solid base to build off of. It's not a gamble like Anthem.

Those types of game are WAY too much of a time sink for me to buy two of them that close together, so I'm definitely leaning more towards the safer bet. Anthem could be great but it's just a little too unproven right now lol.

Fuck no. It’s exactly what I DONT want in a game with two of my least favorite genres; Multiplayer, and Shooter. 

It really pisses me off that BioWare is wasting their time with bullshit like this. They’re known for single player RPGs, and I’m all for them trying new things, just not this crap.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, PoisonJam7 said:

Fuck no. It’s exactly what I DONT want in a game with two of my least favorite genres; Multiplayer, and Shooter. 

It really pisses me off that BioWare is wasting their time with bullshit like this. They’re known for single player RPGs, and I’m all for them trying new things, just not this crap.

Single player, shooters. So just one of your least favorite things.

Not much wiggle room with the whole single player and multi-player thing tho.

I'm very excited for this game despite all the unnecessary hate it's been getting. It's like people are just hoping it fails before they've even played it. Sure EA has some shitty business practices but it doesn't mean the studios under their belt aren't capable of delivering good games. 

Edited by NaseemJohn
  • Like 1

it blows my mind that people will still pre order games, ESPECIALLY EA games. every game they have launched since BF4 has been an absolute shit show in the beginning. also with BFV going 50% off a week after release, why not just a week to read reviews and see. you could end up saving $30. mark my words, if anthem doesnt sell gangbusters its first week, EA will hold a big sale for it just like they did BFV.

• Like 4