Anyone Hyped for Anthem?

Wavergray

1 hour ago, NekoRave said:

But I'm just here stating my own viewpoint, no need to have a blind exclusive anthem party where we self hype each other up for a flop.

I consider it a nice service to at least let people know its crap before they get burned and go GEE WHAT HAPPENED.

everyone has diverse perspectives on the game, so considering how bad EA is as a company, I'm more surprised people fall for the same lure bait and trap still.

Can't blame the people for hating to be burned and expressing it though, probably hate the fact that supporters of said game will supply the same low grade uninteresting or innovative shovelware titles.

The game isn't even out yet so you can't say for sure that it's gonna be crap and people are going to get burned.

Besides if people want it then they'll buy it regardless of what others say. It's their problem if they hate it, that's the risk we all take buying any game.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Both

And its a cash grab, $60 for what it is, a generic third person shooter.

If you think thats taking risks thats just silly, nothing about this game screams risks.

Being in development for a long time doesnt mean its ganna be great, for example.duke nukem forever.

I am simply saying the game isn't what its cracked up to be from what ive seen so far.

Played the alpha, didnt like the alpha, and the game still looks like the alpha demo, my point is from what ive gathered myself I'm saying for me the game is terrible and its how my standards are for gaming.

Just like Castlevania Lords of Shadow is terrible.

Sure its a functional game, but I fucking hate it.

And considering this is Bioware taking "risks" I'd gladly skip on future titles if this is risky investing a time sink for a game to sell it.

Spending 7 years of your life working on a new ip that costs hundreds of millions of dollars which might or might not sell well is a huge risk. Especially in a time where most studios just rely on sequels that already have an established fan base and name for their product to sell. 

Being in development for a long time shows that they care about the quality of their product and that they're passionate about it or else they would of rushed it out the door.

Thats all I'm gonna say, I'll just wait till the release date to see what happens. 

2 hours ago, NekoRave said:

I agree with judging a game for yourself, but why the rush to preorder what will inevitably be half the price in a month?

If you want the game bad enough sure, but is anthem really worth going out to preorder day 1 considering how broken games are day 1

To be fair, I'm not planning on preordering Anthem.  If I did though, it'd be because I find something exciting about the game and I want to.  And there's absolutely no guarantee that Anthem will be as problematic as you're claiming it'll be.

What I do for myself is about me, about my money and about how I want to spend my time.  It's not about whatever cause you're championing today.  While I agree EA is bottom rung as far as gaming companies go, I clearly don't agree with you in regards to the gravity of that.  The worst AAA gaming company is still better than a lot of other things in life warranting protest.  Gaming is a hobby, not a necessity.  We aren't forced to buy anything.

Edited by Dreakon13

Maybe not as hyped as I should be. I get a Destiny vibe from it an both games really let me down so I'm not going to say it will flop or anything. Just, I want to see more before I even bother picking it up. 

I don't usually go off reviews but I think it might be worth looking into this time around. The idea is cool but execution is what I'm more interested in.

Saying that though, I have no doubt if friends are looking into getting it then I will too most likely. See what happens when the time comes.

6 hours ago, Spider-Beyond said:

Will Anthem have Microtransactions? I like the whole Iron-man flying suit gameplay. But I am not quite sure If I am gonna buy It, because you know EA.

anthem is confirmed to have "cosmetic" micro transactions. im sure they will make the grind to earn cosmetics absurdly long to push you to try and plunk down some more cash to get the things you want.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

I was actually into the idea of Anthem hoping it would be a better version of Destiny.  A friend of mine and I play Destiny 2 on the Xbox pretty regularly and it's always been a good time.  It seems like people have a bone to pick with Bungie/Activision but I typically don't get into this consumer drama that gamers seem to thrive on these days.  If a game is fun, it's fun.  If it isn't, don't buy it.  Don't put labels on it, don't come up with excuses.  There's no law that you have to buy/like every game that comes out, and turn everything you don't into a "cause" to fight.  Just don't buy it.  Let your money talk for you.  End of story.

It's called having a fucking opinion.

You and I along with everybody else out there has the right to bitch, moan and complain. As long as we're not threatening people and we're not hurting them in any way, then we can voice our concerns about it.

That's like you telling me to stop voicing my opinions on a new Metallica album. I'm a long time Metallica fan and I enjoy their music, and if they come out with a new album I don't like that much, then I can't make any opinion about it?

Stop the "You can't genre this, you can't genre that" crap. This is the internet, of course people are going to talk about something on a public internet forum.

• Like 1

Hmm, I don't know.

Destiny 1 & 2 were okay, but I barely spent any hours on those games. Platinumed the 2nd game and left, meanwhile I have lots of diehard-destiny-friends who only play D1 & D2 everyday the entire year. Sickening. I can't really understand how they don't get bored just after a month or two.

Anthem seems like a cool game but since it's EA I'm hoping they will keep MTX away as much as possible since the recent loss of sales. I will probably buy it since all my close friends will, but I might not stay long playing it. I'm also positive it not being a PVP game because I prefer these games being PvM 

17 hours ago, NaseemJohn said:

Spending 7 years of your life working on a new ip that costs hundreds of millions of dollars which might or might not sell well is a huge risk. Especially in a time where most studios just rely on sequels that already have an established fan base and name for their product to sell. 

Being in development for a long time shows that they care about the quality of their product and that they're passionate about it or else they would of rushed it out the door.

Thats all I'm gonna say, I'll just wait till the release date to see what happens. 

well... 7 years for a game that will definitely sell is not that much of a risk. come on, this game is a safe bet. at it's worst it will be the transformers of video games (extremely terrible but look at the money those movies make/made / same as all the paul anderson bullcrap). people will buy it. development time says nothing

but it might still surprise us "haters" and if all the critics (professionals and fans) will praise the innovation and how deep it really is, I can admit that I was wrong

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, J3dP89 said:

well... 7 years for a game that will definitely sell is not that much of a risk. come on, this game is a safe bet. at it's worst it will be the transformers of video games (extremely terrible but look at the money those movies make/made / same as all the paul anderson bullcrap). people will buy it. development time says nothing

but it might still surprise us "haters" and if all the critics (professionals and fans) will praise the innovation and how deep it really is, I can admit that I was wrong

What happened to Lionhead?
Where did Runic games go?

How about Visceral? 

Boss Key?

Business is a risk. Just because you only pay attention to or decide to ignore facts doesn't stop it from being true. It's great that many games sell well but not all do. A company investing time and money into a game doesn't guarantee that game will make them a profit. Looking past the company names are real people going to work daily to create, code, and design these things.  It is probably easy for you to make generalizations about companies being cold and souless but there are people that work for these companies. Many of which are more passionate about gaming than you will ever be

12 hours ago, Spaz said:

It's called having a fucking opinion.

You and I along with everybody else out there has the right to bitch, moan and complain. As long as we're not threatening people and we're not hurting them in any way, then we can voice our concerns about it.

That's like you telling me to stop voicing my opinions on a new Metallica album. I'm a long time Metallica fan and I enjoy their music, and if they come out with a new album I don't like that much, then I can't make any opinion about it?

Stop the "You can't genre this, you can't genre that" crap. This is the internet, of course people are going to talk about something on a public internet forum.

I'm personally of the mindset that once some people decide to not like something, instead of just saying they don't like something they manufacture a laundry list of nonsense in a desperate attempt to validate themselves.  It's annoying.  In this case, it's extra obvious people are just pushing an agenda since the majority of complaints about Anthem thus far are speculation based on EA's and BioWare's recent track record... not even commentary about the game itself, since it isn't out yet.  I mean, we're complaining about on disc DLC when the discs aren't even manufactured yet?  Talking about The Sims 4 DLC like it has anything to do with how they'll handle Anthem?  Comparing EA to some hypothetical company that slaughters endangered species?  Come the fuck on.

People have the right to do whatever they want, you're right.  Just like I have the right to think what they're saying is stupid.  So how about you practice what you preach and let me bitch, moan and complain and take zero accountability for any of it like everyone else does.

Edited by Dreakon13

2 hours ago, NekoRave said:

Sincerely doubt that.

If they had real passion they would work where they can at least use it.

Dont glamorize the job as if they go in day to day to just make something we all will love, I bet they are so broken over the fact they make shitty games day in and out and lose sleep over it.

Get real man.

Its a job, when you work for EA you do what you are told go home and come back again.

Saying otherwise is ridiculous.

They are about as passionate to gaming as I am to golf.

Yes, it's a job. A job that at least given the commentary from people in this field are quite passionate about. The job itself isn't some manual labor shit anyone can just do. 

Working for EA as an design artist, writer, or coder instantly means those people can't enjoy what they do? Grow the fuck up, kid. 

You bet? Sounds like a gamble to me since that crystal ball of yours hasn't been correct in any part of this topic. Risky dice, kid. Risky dice.

1 hour ago, ThaRular said:

I dont get how you can preorder this after fallout 76. I will defintily wait for reviews of this. EA makes me double suspicious!

Easy. Two different games from different publishers and developers. The two have no association to each other.

1 hour ago, Dreakon13 said:

I'm personally of the mindset that once some people decide to not like something, instead of just saying they don't like something they manufacture a laundry list of nonsense in a desperate attempt to validate themselves.  It's annoying.  In this case, it's extra obvious people are just pushing an agenda since the majority of complaints about Anthem thus far are speculation based on EA's and BioWare's recent track record... not even commentary about the game itself, since it isn't out yet.  I mean, we're complaining about on disc DLC when the discs aren't even manufactured yet?  Talking about The Sims 4 DLC like it has anything to do with how they'll handle Anthem?  Comparing EA to some hypothetical company that slaughters endangered species?  Come the fuck on.

People have the right to do whatever they want, you're right.  Just like I have the right to think what they're saying is stupid.  So how about you practice what you preach and let me bitch, moan and complain and take zero accountability for any of it like everyone else does.

That first paragraph man you nailed it, couldn't of said it any better. 

26 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

>EA

>Passion

Thanks for the joke I needed one for this morning.

I told you to realize there are PEOPLE working for EA. Those PEOPLE can have enthusiasm for gaming regardless of who signs their paychecks.

You need to stop using dumbshit to avoid actual thought.

• Like 1

Well, this side discussion is truly fascinating, but getting back to the OP:

I want to be hyped for it, but I'm not. I know @Dreakon13 mentioned that people are too quick to shit on this simply because of Bioware's recent history, and he has a point, but at the same time, Bioware's recent history doesn't fill me with optimism, either. 

I'll wait for some reviews, and cross my fingers that they don't botch the job. It wasn't long ago that Bioware was my favorite developer, after all.

6 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Yeah those people who slave away for a paycheck and make mind numbing games is passion.

Whatever you say.

Maybe read next time Jesus Christ what a headache

They certainly have more going on then w/e keeps you locked to shitposting here about your horrible logic and bias. 

EA bad = everyone EA is bad. Dumb nonsense.

Reading and thinking without that chip on your shoulder would do you wonders in life.

Edited by TJ_Solo

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Well, this side discussion is truly fascinating, but getting back to the OP:

I want to be hyped for it, but I'm not. I know @Dreakon13 mentioned that people are too quick to shit on this simply because of Bioware's recent history, and he has a point, but at the same time, Bioware's recent history doesn't fill me with optimism, either. 

I'll wait for some reviews, and cross my fingers that they don't botch the job. It wasn't long ago that Bioware was my favorite developer, after all.

I don't want anyone to think there's anything wrong with being weary of a developer/publisher who have a sketchy past... especially if it's recent.  That's a perfectly reasonable thing to do if you want to save yourself potentially money and frustration.  I just think people take it to a ridiculous, childish degree to try and give more weight to their opinion needlessly.

Edited by Dreakon13