Trophy thoughts?

Same trophy list as the PS3 version, as expected. It's going to be great hunting that plat'. Long but fun and a bit of a challenge. Completion run, speed-run, low level run.

4 years ago I imported the game and was getting ready to play with the online translation patch but other things distracted me and I felt kinda bad about missing out on the NPCs of the game.

Now that it comes localized AND with every possible costume, I have no more excuses. Tales of Vesperia, here I come!

25 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

seems like it will be very grindy. never finished the xbox360 version.

anyone able to clarify the secret mission trophies and what they entail?

looking fwd to this release

Basically the secret missions are special occurrences that you can make happen during boss fights.  They're unique for (almost) ever single boss fight and they can either entail using a special mechanic unique to that fight, or making a certain character perform a certain action.  A few of these are pretty much effortless but several are hair-pullingly difficult and require some aggravating setup, timing and trial and error.  Also I believe in order to get a title you need to have completed all of the secret missions in a single playthrough

Edited by shenl742
  • Like 1

Hyped! I’ve been wanting to play this game for years. The PS3 guide says it’s a 6/10 difficulty and around 175 hours. So it’s comparable to Symphonia I guess. Can’t wait.

Love the game but I think I'll just stick with my 360 copy if I ever get the urge to replay it. Wish they would have remastered the trophy list to at least remove all the tedious missables and grinding. 50 bucks is a bit high for the new content they're offering anyway. 

• Like 1

Should be fun to complete this again! Took me 130 hours to do the 360 version so we'll see if the new content will offset the ability to skip cutscenes.

52 minutes ago, shenl742 said:

Also I believe in order to get a title you need to have completed all of the secret missions in a single playthrough

While this is true, they did add the ability to replay boss fights, so it's not missable anymore.

5 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

Love the game but I think I'll just stick with my 360 copy if I ever get the urge to replay it. Wish they would have remastered the trophy list to at least remove all the tedious missables and grinding. 50 bucks is a bit high for the new content they're offering anyway. 

It's $50? Crzy how I don't even think about price when it's a game I want.

2 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

It's $50? Crzy how I don't even think about price when it's a game I want.

Yes sir. I was already leaning against getting it due to price since I own the original but the trophy list sealed the deal. Still might get it when it's on sale someday. 

Never finished the 360 version, but it was fun, so I will enjoy it. :)

11 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

I got it for $30. Granted, it's from a gift card and a discount program that was discontinued (though people who had it at the time keep it until expiration), but still I'm fine with that.

Looks like another really obnoxious trophy set to stick into my backlog.  The very bottom of my physical backlog "pyramid", where the game probably won't see the light of day until 2021 (give or take).

But it'll probably feel like it was "worth it" if/when I get 'er done.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Killbomb said:

Yes sir. I was already leaning against getting it due to price since I own the original but the trophy list sealed the deal. Still might get it when it's on sale someday. 

I too have a copy of the 360 game but no 360 or Xbox One to play it on. The price barrier becomes less important the more I actually want a game.

Edited by TJ_Solo

Any chance we can get the game title renamed to just "Tales of Vesperia" instead of "Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition"?

Would make for easier sorting on trophy lists + redirect to the PS3 Trophy Guides which would help out people looking to get the platinum. Also makes more sense since the trophy list is identical to the PS3 version :P

I completed the Xbox 360 version a few years ago and this list is nearly identical. It was ~200 hours on the 360, and I'm sure the DE content will make it even longer (new characters = new titles and new costumes), but at least it's a great game. There are also a ton of missables, so if you're planning to start right away and want to get the plat efficiently you might want to refer to guides for the older versions.

List looks good, same as the 360 version (and indeed the PS3 version as pointed out above, although I didn't play that) and I got around 750/1000 on Xbox, so looking forward to doing it all again!

Considering the highest amount of trophies I've managed on a Tales game (Berseria) was 55%, hoping to beat that with this one. What a game!