Trophy thoughts?

Took me 200 hours to complete on the 360. I suppose it will take me about the same amount of time to get this one. I'm looking forward to it :) (except for that waitressing mini-game, this one could have stayed on the 360).

Plat for this game is not that hard. Only some like the Monsters, items and Titles are a pain in the ass. 

Secret missions are not missable like the xbox360 version and speedrun is also much easier even with the extra content. Skip cutscenes !

Goodluck trophyhunters. Already have the PS3 version plat. I will get this version on the Switch.

Edited by ShadowhunterrX

11 hours ago, shenl742 said:

Basically the secret missions are special occurrences that you can make happen during boss fights.  They're unique for (almost) ever single boss fight and they can either entail using a special mechanic unique to that fight, or making a certain character perform a certain action.  A few of these are pretty much effortless but several are hair-pullingly difficult and require some aggravating setup, timing and trial and error.

Don't scare people like that. There is only 1 secret mission that is annoying as fuck. I won't specify names because of spoilers, but it involves breaking the boss defense and then using a specific arte from a specific party member. The arte has to hit during the "defense broken" animation (up to a little after it) so the setup is quite annoying.

What I will never forgive this game for is for having 2 soldier enemy who appear for 2 screens that are the same color as other soldiers but are different entries. If you don't fight them during that 1 minute of walking, you miss them -.-

11 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

seems like it will be very grindy. never finished the xbox360 version.

anyone able to clarify the secret mission trophies and what they entail?

looking fwd to this release

There is a really good guide that probably all of us owners of the JP platinum used. It is known as Kouli's Guide. It is in some blog page an details every specific event as to not miss anything.

If its the first time playing the game I'd recommend just going blind and using the guide on a second playthrough. It doesn't have many spoilers, as its very straight and to the point, but it could change how you experience this awesome game the first time.

Oh, and for those that are usually scared off by speed runs, do not worry at all. The time limit is 15 hours and last time I did it it took me less than 3 hours.

On a second playthrough you can carry over equipment (including weapons that scale off of killed enemies), so you can set it to easy, equip your best shit, avoid all non-boss battles and skip every curscene. Of the max 9999 atk I had like 8500 from the beginning, lol.

Edited by AndresLionheart
  • Like 3

How annoying is the platinum compared to Symphonia?  I platted that one and thought replaying the game 5 more times (in my case) for the plat is absurd and just plain unnecessary.

Still, pretty excited for Vesperia as I have not played it before.

Edited by milanbarca82

While I never got the chance to play it since it was Xbox 360 exclusive in the States years ago, I'm looking forward to this challenge. The list looks difficult to me in that you really have to pay attention to what you have and have not done. Will also likely take a long time to complete fully but that's ok, it's a Tales of game and I play the hell out of those anyway. I'm guessing it'll be similar to the Tales of Symphonia which took forever to complete with all the skits, items, and titles and like 6 or 7 playthroughs, but I got the platinum in Symphonia so I should be able to get this one as well. Now I'm just waiting for my Tales of Vesperia Collectors Edition to arrive and we are set to go. 

25 minutes ago, milanbarca82 said:

How annoying is the platinum compared to Symphonia?  I platted that one and thought replaying the game 5 more times (in my case) for the plat is absurd and just plain unnecessary.

Still, pretty excited for Vesperia as I have not played it before.

Nowhere near as bad. You only need 2 full playthroughs (1 for 100%, the other for a speedrun which takes 3 hours) and 1 up to the chapter 1 boss that you have to beat while below level 15 or something like that.

All titles, enemies and items can be obtained in a single playthrough. A bunch of things are missable but the guide I mentioned in my previous post covers that in very few words.

If you happen to miss something you can simply carry over everything and get what you missed in the "speedrun" playthrough (as long as its not that much).

All skits don't even matter because you can unlock all of them through the grade shop for the 2nd playthrough.

Further playthroughs are very easy because you can carry the OP weappns that scale off of killed enemies, like the Nebilim in Symphonia, so everything dies in seconds. Also, all scenes are skippable, which is not a thing in ToS

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

Nowhere near as bad. You only need 2 full playthroughs (1 for 100%, the other for a speedrun which takes 3 hours) and 1 up to the chapter 1 boss that you have to beat while below level 15 or something like that.

All titles, enemies and items can be obtained in a single playthrough. A bunch of things are missable but the guide I mentioned in my previous post covers that in very few words.

If you happen to miss something you can simply carry over everything and get what you missed in the "speedrun" playthrough (as long as its not that much).

All skits don't even matter because you can unlock all of them through the grade shop for the 2nd playthrough.

Further playthroughs are very easy because you can carry the OP weappns that scale off of killed enemies, like the Nebilim in Symphonia, so everything dies in seconds. Also, all scenes are skippable, which is not a thing in ToS

Is that guide over on gamefaqs or somewhere?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Myu said:

Took me 200 hours to complete on the 360. I suppose it will take me about the same amount of time to get this one. I'm looking forward to it :) (except for that waitressing mini-game, this one could have stayed on the 360).

I'm figuring it may take a bit longer as you have two additional characters to earn things for. Then again things typically go a bit faster the second time through so we'll see! I had the PS3 version waiting to be done at some point but this definitive edition saves me a lot of hassle. 

17 hours ago, sephirothdude said:

Is that guide over on gamefaqs or somewhere?

No, it in some random japanese blog site, lol.

Here is Kouli's guide. Part 3 is somewhere around there, probably by hitting next. Some names may not be an exact match now that there is an official translation, though, but you can figure that out.

• Like 1

Damn, going for the plat will be really hard with this one :D Still, plat or no,  I CANNOT EFFING WAIT :D

On 9.1.2019 at 1:17 PM, AndresLionheart said:

Don't scare people like that. There is only 1 secret mission that is annoying as fuck. I won't specify names because of spoilers, but it involves breaking the boss defense and then using a specific arte from a specific party member. The arte has to hit during the "defense broken" animation (up to a little after it) so the setup is quite annoying.

What I will never forgive this game for is for having 2 soldier enemy who appear for 2 screens that are the same color as other soldiers but are different entries. If you don't fight them during that 1 minute of walking, you miss them -.-

There is a really good guide that probably all of us owners of the JP platinum used. It is known as Kouli's Guide. It is in some blog page an details every specific event as to not miss anything.

If its the first time playing the game I'd recommend just going blind and using the guide on a second playthrough. It doesn't have many spoilers, as its very straight and to the point, but it could change how you experience this awesome game the first time.

Oh, and for those that are usually scared off by speed runs, do not worry at all. The time limit is 15 hours and last time I did it it took me less than 3 hours.

On a second playthrough you can carry over equipment (including weapons that scale off of killed enemies), so you can set it to easy, equip your best shit, avoid all non-boss battles and skip every curscene. Of the max 9999 atk I had like 8500 from the beginning, lol.

Well all of that is good to hear :D Especially about the guide for the 2nd playthrough :D The only downer, for me at the least, is that I don't think I will be able to skip any of the custcenes :D

54 minutes ago, Johnathan994 said:

Well all of that is good to hear :D Especially about the guide for the 2nd playthrough :D The only downer, for me at the least, is that I don't think I will be able to skip any of the custcenes :D

Welp... you may have a problem because I don't think you can make it in less than 15 hours without skipping cutscenes. Maybe you can, but it's gonna be close.

11 hours ago, Killbomb said:

I'm now kind of tempted to get this anyway despite my earlier posts. Anyone that played the Japanese PS3 version have opinions on the new content?  

The new content is great. The new areas for Patty's parts of the story are actually new, not just reused assets. Fully playable Flynn feels great, like the usual Magic Knight of the franchise should. It aldo adds other series staples, like the Sword Dancer. New Skills to make Yuri even more broken, and more.

The only somewhat meh/annoying content is the second EX Dungeon. It is great in concept but too long for its own good, so it gets repetitive. Don't feel bad for just using a map from the beginning.

• Like 1

I got the Platinum on the PS3 version... twice (two accounts). It took me 137 hours the first time and 125 hours the second time as I made sure not to miss anything. It was by far the most grindy RPG I played, second only to FFXIII only worse with literally everything being missable. I found it was chained together, you miss one small subevent-> miss a title or item or monster->cant get all titles/monster/collectors book trophy. And then there are titles for completing the monster and collector books, so that again links back to all the other missable stuff. Lots of events with a really short time frame and many giving you a title of some sort or linking to further events that give you a title, enemies, items (including ones you need to steal like the Gauche and Droite swords) etc.... I had a guide glued to my face playing this game, careful to fight every single enemy open every single chest and touch all the save points along the way (some disappear forever sp that trophy too is missable)

Despite the very demanding platinum that also included all those mini games, it was a fantastic game. i wont be buying this since I've already platted the PS3 one twice and don't think I can bring myself to do it all again for the 3rd time... Highly recommend it for anyone who hasn't played it though. My personal difficulty rating for the platinum would be a 7/10, it's not hard just requires a lot of care and precision with the all missables and time limited stuff. 

On 1/10/2019 at 8:06 PM, AndresLionheart said:

No, it in some random japanese blog site, lol.

Here is Kouli's guide. Part 3 is somewhere around there, probably by hitting next. Some names may not be an exact match now that there is an official translation, though, but you can figure that out.

Will this cover everything that is missable like the titles, enemies and items?

25 minutes ago, noyram23 said:

Will this cover everything that is missable like the titles, enemies and items?

No. It covers side events, so it will.only cover missable items, titles and some enemies that are bosses for the end of certain side events.

You can still miss a few enemies that only appear in certain moments of the story. The only ones that come to mind right now are a few soldiers that are the same color as others but are different entries.

At that point in the story you are escaping from a town and these soldiers appear for a single screen of map. If you fight the boss, they disappear.

But don't worry too much, you can get any of these very time sensitive enemies while doing the speedrun playthrough. At least that is what I did on the PS3 version because I missed those assholes, lol.

19 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

No. It covers side events, so it will.only cover missable items, titles and some enemies that are bosses for the end of certain side events.

You can still miss a few enemies that only appear in certain moments of the story. The only ones that come to mind right now are a few soldiers that are the same color as others but are different entries.

At that point in the story you are escaping from a town and these soldiers appear for a single screen of map. If you fight the boss, they disappear.

But don't worry too much, you can get any of these very time sensitive enemies while doing the speedrun playthrough. At least that is what I did on the PS3 version because I missed those assholes, lol.

Thanks! Throwing magic lens to everything should do the trick lol. I also read about learning/mastering all recipe on 1 character, is that correct? 

5 minutes ago, noyram23 said:

Thanks! Throwing magic lens to everything should do the trick lol. I also read about learning/mastering all recipe on 1 character, is that correct? 

Yes. There is a series of titles obtained from a side event that requires a character who matered every recipe. That part is mentioned in the guide.

It can be quite the boring grind at the end since you can only cook once after each battle. To lessen it, try cooking whatever you can from the beginning while you play normally. Since Yuri is always in the party I would recommend him being the cook.

And yeah, as long as you fight everything that looks new and check with the targetting if you already have its info you should get any missable enemy (except for those soldiers I mentioned because they are not even in the main path, you have to go out of your way in that one screen to find them).

On 1/9/2019 at 11:38 AM, AndresLionheart said:

well hopefully a kratos like guide like on gamefaqs pops around. for symphonia i had 5 tabs open for multiple sections of his guide lol. it was the most necessary guide needed for that game when going for plat. 

judging from a later post and the trophy list, this game sounds like it holds a lot of the same many hardships as symphonia, just less play throughs.