PSA: Bug makes Platinum unobtainable

TrulySilentLie

From what I gathered looking into the bug, yes. New info here seem to indicate maybe one can find an invisible collectible at a place to recover the lost outpost trigger, but I wouldn't bet on that. Keeping a save file on the cloud and always checking the trackers after each location cleared would be the safe way to go through it, as well as making sure you don't die while doing the poutposts

7 hours ago, CrestfallenAU said:

From what I understand (only just starting the game now, but have read a fair bit about it), you have to make sure that your Scavenging Locations Completed under Statistics > Game Completion Statistics and your related challenges (Low Hanging Fruit, What's Yours is Mine, Picking the Carcass and Reaper of the Harvest) under Legend add up to the same amount at all times. If they're out of sync then you need to reload an earlier save where they're not otherwise you're going to get stuck later with 190/191 in the challenges and all 227 locations completed in your Game Completion Statistics.

Basically there's four challenges. One requires 5, the next requires 13, the third requires 18 and the last requires 191. Those add up to 227. So constantly do the math and make sure both counts always equal the same (i.e. if you have 129/191 under Legend, you should have 165 under Game Completion Statistics - if it's 166 then you've already got an issue and need to reload/restart).

I can see the Challenges in the Legend tab, and have been checking it (almost) after each scavaging location, however I can not see Game Completion Statistics in the menu.

Am I just going blind or is it hidden?

EDIT: Im going blind, literally just as I hit post I found it. 

For anyone else, its the 'Pause' tab of the menu, second from the bottom

Edited by TheBritishBaron
Going Blind!
  • Like 1

Everyone going for this plat please note: 

If you die almost frame perfect as the game is saving after collecting all scrap pickups at a scavenging location there is a chance the game will reload after your death and not count the location as completed in the challenges although technically you picked up all scrap, thus locking you out of a challenge needed for the plat. 

DO NOT accidentally die as you’re picking up the last collectible at a scavenging location. I know it’s almost impossible to believe that you could die at that exact moment but it happened to me on another account and I had to reload a save hours and hours back. As far as scavenging locations being glitched outright I know of only one location in Pink Eye’s territory (?) that you have to use your harpoon at to open a storage container; it has been bugged for people in the past, not allowing the player to actually use the harpoon at all to collect the scrap piece. This did not happen to me personally. I was able to receive the platinum on the most updated version of the game, but watch out for those bugs.

2 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Everyone going for this plat please note: 

If you die almost frame perfect as the game is saving after collecting all scrap pickups at a scavenging location there is a chance the game will reload after your death and not count the location as completed in the challenges although technically you picked up all scrap, thus locking you out of a challenge needed for the plat. 

DO NOT accidentally die as you’re picking up the last collectible at a scavenging location. I know it’s almost impossible to believe that you could die at that exact moment but it happened to me on another account and I had to reload a save hours and hours back. As far as scavenging locations being glitched outright I know of only one location in Pink Eye’s territory (?) that you have to use your harpoon at to open a storage container; it has been bugged for people in the past, not allowing the player to actually use the harpoon at all to collect the scrap piece. This did not happen to me personally. I was able to receive the platinum on the most updated version of the game, but watch out for those bugs.

I had insignia glitch on me or something in my last playthrough as i completed all the camps and optional objectives but i didn't get that achievement so i started fresh. That's something else that can glitch out on you that i don't any way it's preventable

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DEI2EK said:

I had insignia glitch on me or something in my last playthrough as i completed all the camps and optional objectives but i didn't get that achievement so i started fresh. That's something else that can glitch out on you that i don't any way it's preventable

Wow. It’s insane how many glitches you really have to watch out for over the course of the entire playthrough. Too many things can go wrong.

1 minute ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Wow. It’s insane how many glitches you really have to watch out for over the course of the entire playthrough. Too many things can go wrong.

Yeah it's a fantastic game that ive played multiple times on PC and PS4 but the trophies are very buggy, hopefully this playthrough goes smoothly

• Like 1