Curious About The Demographics

AnimeFanTalk

PS3 Era vs. PS4 Era Trophy Hunters   

86 members have voted

1. 1. When Did You Start Trophy Hunting?

• In The PS3 Era
    • In The PS4 Era

I grew up with the PS2 and the PSP but I never got the chance to buy/play the PS3, I had a conversation with my professor recently, I was shocked that he knew about trophy hunting, he started asking me all these questions about the hobby but I couldn't answer for them. I started to think that trophy hunting has now become a phenomena, slowly sinking it's way to the casual/general/main stream population. I'm not knowledgeable on the subject itself. I have tons of questions: What was it like to game in that economy state (America, which was not so long ago) and another question, was trophy hunting big back then? 

My main thought, however, how many people began to trophy hunt in the PS3 Era? 
To me, it looks like a lot of people in this Era started. 

-Frank

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I started when FFXIII was released, back in 2010. However, I had to get a new account in 2013, but i still have that old account with about 4 platinums (XIII, XIII-2. Tales of Vesperia and Graces F). I re-obtained the plats on this account, but yeah most of my plats are from the ps3 era. The FF13 series and Tales of Vesperia got me into trophy hunting, i put a lot of hours into them back then when I was at uni and had much much more free time than i can ever have now.

• Like 1

For me it began in February 2015 when i bought the Splinter Cell Trilogy for PS3. I wanted to get the :platinum: of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory in particular :yay:I only had a ps3 back then...

During the summer i got to know this particular website and joined the First :platinum: Rain Day Event which gave me a huge boost to unlock more and more trophies :)

• Like 1

Had a ps3 but it was stolen, then had a 360 for the rest of the gen (about 6 years) when I got my ps4 I couldn't remember the PS3 password so had to start all over again. Oh, and MS also deleted my account due to inactivity so, yeah, lost all my achievemenrs and trophies from last gen. As such, I voted for "started with PS4" 

• Like 1

I'm kind of a weird one. I started trophy hunting on PS3, but I only got that console after the release of the PS4, so I guess I fit into the "PS4 Era" category. I was achievement hunting on Xbox 360 well before that, though, just at a much more casual level. I assume that doesn't count.

• Like 1

Started around 2011 with a PS3. I was always more of a Nintendo/PC gamer back in the day even though I've always loved to collect for any system but the PS3 was my first Sony console. I'm not a hardcore trophy hunter but I get plenty of games around that time to fulfill my hobby. Nowadays, things are much tougher and only recently I managed to get both a Vita and PS4 late last year so, the bulk of my collection and trophies I have, reside mostly on the PS3.

• Like 1

Started in the PS3 era, that first platinum for Assassin's Creed 2 got me hooked but i didn't really start getting into actively going for trophies until a couple of years later. I used to skate when I was younger so I spent a lot of time playing the Skate series when those came out and not doing much trophy hunting.

I've been playing video games since Pong (yeah I'm THAT old) but I think trophy hunting has really gotten me a lot more into gaming more now than when I was a kid. I've definitely gotten much more out of the games I play because of them. 

Edited by Sofa King
need to learn to proofread
  • Like 1

PS3 but I was very late in getting one (I think 2012) because I was still having fun with the PS2. And even then I didn’t really get really interested in trophies until years later. Got the Far Cry 3 plat and was  pleased with myself for having just one. ? Started to get more interested in trophies in probably late 2015.

Definitely feel like I missed out on a lot which is why I look around for PS3 sales so I can try out series I’ve heard a lot about but never got around to playing. Even nowadays my PS3 seems to get a lot more use.

Used to have a Xbox 360, made the switch over to Playstation since I really enjoy baseball and MLB The Show >>>>>>> MLB2k(which is now shutdown)

Turned out being an awesome switch since I would have never gotten to play games like Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, Gravity Rush, etc... Unravel inspired me to start trophy hunting in the first place too.