Move controllers sold out

markie816

I am looking to buy some new move controllers for a while now.

I don't know why but they are sold out for almost a month now. Not in one store but almost all stores.

Is there a reason for this? Or doen anyone know more about this.

Note: I am from the Netherlands

Hi,

I am currently living in Belgium (Antwerp) - they are in my local Media Markt and Carrefour - 70 euro per 2 pcs set which is btw RIDICULOUS price!

The reason is simple -> PS VR.

26 minutes ago, darkb0nl_lx said:

Use controllers from PS3 they are cheapest than PS4

Wait... What?... :/

It is exactly the same accessory from PS3 age and before PS VR you could buy new ones like for 18-25E (In Poland even cheaper lol).

Since PS VR appeared the price of Move went crazy high!

Bloody marketing! 

No need to buy new one (unless you really want to...)!

Since I was missing one, I bought it recently for 18E in second hand shop - there is a lot of them here around Antwerp (shops ;), not sure about Moves).

Edited by Smashero

16 minutes ago, Smashero said:

It is exactly the same accessory from PS3 age and before PS VR you could buy new ones like for 18-25E (In Poland even cheaper lol).

Since PS VR appeared the price of Move went crazy high!

Well, not entirely. The moves currently being sold through retail use micro USB instead of mini USB, and they have little text designating the select and start buttons as share and options.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, IDiivil said:

Well, not entirely. The moves currently being sold through retail use micro USB instead of mini USB, and they have little text designating the select and start buttons as share and options.

!

Damn! You got me! I didn't know and didn't check that - obvious that they could be revised! Thanks for the correction!

@darkb0nl_lx Pardon! Now I understand what you meant!

They're almost completely cold out in the UK too, at the time of writing. 

I get very lucky yesterday at my local exchange shop. Even though the website said that they didn't have any stock of PS Move controllers, I popped in on a whim and saw a pair sat in the window. The store clerk said they had only been delivered that morning, and they hadn't had the chance to update the website yet. So I bought them. Had to pay a bit more than a new boxed pair retails for but hey, now I can play Move enabled games, and don't have to wait for stock to come back in. 

Thanks for responses maybe will order it from germany or go to belgium.

Was actually hoping that somebody heard that some new controllers for psvr were coming. But guess won't be soon.

Will just buy the ones which are now in the market

Edited by markie816

15 minutes ago, InfraRedPS said:

There are rumours of new style controllers in design that give more control like other VR systems but I think that’s just from people finding a new Sony patent.

The aim controller is the issue for me, it’s like they’ve stopped making them??

I have seen the aim controller in about every gaming store i have gone to (Game Mania, Mediamart...)

Often in a pack with a game like Bravo Team

I found out that they are hard to find online. But went to Intertoys (toy store in the netherlands) and they had it in store.

Called with sony and contacted some online stores. But all they say is that they don't know anything about it or that they are now allowed to say something about it.