How many hidden trophies do you have? w or w/o reasons

Ekir

1 hour ago, TOAST13TOA5T said:

A lot, a little over 1000 I think. I have my own reasons for doing it, neither to do with being ashamed or having cheated anything. I just don't like seeing my list with all that red on it and the bars all empty (it sounds ridiculous I know but it's a side effect of the anxiety I have, I'd start pressuring myself into doing them quicker, spend a load of time and frustration attempting to make a system out of it and then when it isn't going as fast as I want I'd start getting disheartened and it would put me off doing anything else etc) it's a horrible cycle that I know might sound stupid and petty to most, I even know myself its silly and that it's just trophies, they don't matter but it's a very real thing I deal with no matter how small others see it as.

I get worried and panic when I see people pointing fingers at people in the disputes section for having x amount of hidden trophies but I do also know that it's something people who alter trophies do quite often, see? Back and forth I go. It's something I have worked on loads over the past year, bringing my total from somewhere in the 3.5k region to where it is now at just over 1k just by chipping away at some older games i never fell into right awat and I hope at the end of this year it will not be a thing. 

TLDR; loads of hidden trophies, I have issues that cause it, no matter how pathetic people find it, it's a very real issue I deal with. No I don't cheat it's for my own benefit. Laters :D

That ain't nothing I got like almost 2400 trophies hidden. And no I didn't cheat or hack any of my trophies. Like what TK said it took me a while to figure out which games I like and didn't like and seeing the games I don't like playing anymore on my profile kinda annoys me. And nowadays I'm not even hunting trophies any more like I used to and all I'm playing is games like Overwatch, GTA Online, and Black ops 4. I was seriously considering starting a new profile but I'm not gonna start over on my GTA Online progress lmao. 

Is it weird? yes, but do I give a shit? no

Edit: Oh and look at my youtube channel for Black Ops 4 gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAsFUwbBiq-hsuhpldOweYw

Edited by JuniorXX1000
additional info
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

Well, if you come up with any ideas, let me know!  I'd love to dump the blue H on my profile.  But, not enough to start a new profile. :awesome:

It's never worth to start a new profile at least if it's a profile with years on it, since I still think that they tell a gamers story, regardless of game or trophy count. 

As for your problem, I wasn't thinking that I could find anything strange to give any "new" ideas to fix it, but maybe there's something that you can try (if you didn't already). 

I just compared your profile on PSN to the one on PSNProfiles, and they match (unless I'm blind), but you said that your friends can see the hidden games, right? 

Since PSN as 3 privacy levels for trophies, I think that your lists may be bugged in the same way as people usually get the hidden trophy lists bug, but instead of a "Public vs Private" thing, like usual, it maybe it's a "Private vs Friends only" bug. 

So, my idea would be to turn your profile to friends only (I don't remember if this works on individual games level, if so, just do it on the individual problem games), earn a trophy, sync with PSNProfiles, turn your profile public and earn another trophy and Sync. 

As I said, I'm not sure if the "Friends Only" setting is possible to apply to individual games, but it looks like those hidden games are set to "Friends Only" while everything else is set to Public. 

From my point of view, this is the only thing that would make sense. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Quink666 said:

I don't want the blue H on my profile. As a suspicious guy i think everyone with a H is a cheater even though i know alot of people simply hide games they dont like.

I honestly didn't know it does that, only now noticed the "H" in my profile.

Anyway, I have 28 hidden trophies.

Just some very early games I played before I invested in trophies and when I wanted to return and plat them (or at least raise them above the measly "E" that they are) I found out that their disks don't work any more.

After some time I got annoyed looking at them so I decided to hide them. 

I would un-hide them but it will mess up some of my milestones and I care about them more then the blue "H" at the top :)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

So, my idea would be to turn your profile to friends only (I don't remember if this works on individual games level, if so, just do it on the individual problem games), earn a trophy, sync with PSNProfiles, turn your profile public and earn another trophy and Sync. 

As I said, I'm not sure if the "Friends Only" setting is possible to apply to individual games, but it looks like those hidden games are set to "Friends Only" while everything else is set to Public. 

I mean, it is worth a try.  Thanks for the suggestion.

I just have 1 trophy hidden. Because my account got hacked and someone else earned a trophy in a game in Fifa 14. I thought about picking up the game to try and earn the trophy legit, and raise the completion, but by the time it was cheap enough for me to justify it, the servers were already down and the plat was unobtainable. So, instead of torturing myself playing a game I don't like, I decided just to hide it.

• Like 1

I don't have any. I feel that my gaming represents me in it's entirety. I've played bad games and good games. I completed many games and left others incomplete. I measure myself against myself. When I look at my trophies, they tell a story for me. Others may certainly look at my trophies and see something completely different, heck in five years, I'll probably see something different. I've always felt that gaming should be fun, and if I'm not having fun, why would I do it? 

I've also learned and grown as I go. A friend talked me into getting Ghostbusters a long time ago to do the online mp and said it was super fun. I never got around to doing it before the servers closed. I'm bummed that I missed out on that, but I'm not going to hide it or any of my other games either. I do do more research before I buy games now, most of the time. I wish I had with ESO, but again, I won't repeat that mistake. 

Everything on my account represents a part of me in a particular time in my life and I like it that way. I try not to judge others for whatever way they do their gaming as long as they don't try to shove crap in my face. As I said it's supposed to be fun. As long as they are having fun, more power to them if it's not infringing on others and their fun. 

I do love statistics and this site mixes well with my gaming and that obsession, so I appreciate that. Good gaming to all.

• Like 2

Well funny thing is...I did have Saints Row: Gat out of Hell in it for the longest time. I finally wanted to re-try it and now I'm about to Plat it. :D

21 Hidden:

Off the tip of my head. That free Frozen game. I was too stupid to know better. ?

Disney Infinity: Toy Box 2.0 - Played a little and never got around to the online stuff. So annoyed. This was before I really did online stuff.

War of the Monsters  - came with Twisted Metal Black . Hate it.

Rage, some marvel lego games that my friend started on my PS3 without switching to his profile. Horizon zero Dawn, that game just didn't click with me I played for about 4 hrs and I just had no will to play anymore and Soundshapes Stacks. I felt cheap with autopopping them

Edited by zer007uk

Only 2 trophies are hidden from my account. Simply because I don't own the game anymore. The game in question is Monster Hunter: World which I found rather tedious or the endless loot spiral, which is quite funny because I actually enjoy Destiny 2 at the moment. Other than this reason I don't think I will ever hide any trophies since there might be a chance that I pick a game up at some point again, if I ever stop playing it that is. And I might even buy MHW at some day, if I have the urge to slay really big monsters. :)

I'm not hiding any trophies not only because I think it is absolutely stupid and pointless, but I hear that unhiding those games is a problem in of itself. Obviously Sony hasn't fixed that problem.

The only trophies I would ever hide would be for games that I got flagged for, whether if I cheated or not on them doesn't matter. That's only if I want to stay ranked on the leaderboards. The leaderboards is simply a measure of how much somebody plays every day and how many easy platinums they can throw on their profiles to try to maintain that world rank.

So how important are the leaderboards? Next to nothing, unless you're in the top 1 percent who cares about their ranking, and even then it probably doesn't matter much to them to begin with.

Hiding trophies because you don't like the games is stupid. This isn't Facebook or Instagram where your personal info is out in the open, this is a gaming website. So why hide trophies in the first place?

• Like 2

51 hidden trophies

reason why 51 = PSNP doesn't let users hide individual trophies

reason why hidden = PSNP insists on hiding flagged trophies, instead of just visibly flagging them + omitting their points :dunno:

reason why flagged = wrong place, wrong time ?

• Like 2

None !

21 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

None. PSNTL takes away my completion ranking if I hide trophies and I have no shame of the trophy mistakes I've made (like Burn Zombie Burn). Life goes on and I gotta deal with the stupid shit I do. Hiding my trophies would be like lying to myself.

This ! I made a mistake to start playing lone survivor (by influence of a friend) and unfortunately i never had the patience to finish it. but this is no excuse to hide the trophies.
Life goes on :)

• Like 1