The Kings Challenge (sign ups Closed)

I guess you can consider this version 2.0 of my bulls competition from last year. It was a great event and this year I am expanding it to make it better and longer.

So tell me more? Ok so here we are working on completion pcg. As long as you are looking to increase that you can sign up. The min requirement last time was a 5% increase. For some that is alot that is why this year it is a year long event. There is also no requirement of not playing new games though. 

So I am looking for a good say 25 players, more can be added if there is more interest. Say you would like to join, give your starting pcg and what your goal percentage is. The minimum is 5% though.  This gives those with a large played backlog an opportunity. After that is up to you how you raise your score. Do you go on one game until you earn 100%. Do you complete story modes or maybe just chip away at random trophies. There are endless possibilities.

Is there bling involved. Yes, i will have something this time around. There are a couple of differant incentives.

1: Hitting your taget goal.

2. If you hit 100% during the challenge.

3. The top 5 total percentage earners in the year.  

So what are the rules? 

No cheating, shouldn't need to say it but you have to. Also the point is to play your games so games that allow you to skip playing it  such as Jak and Daxter should be avoided unless done legit.

Stacking is ok, but please no Autopopping. Same theory as above.

No hiding games you have started once the competition begins.  

In case of a tie, total number of games 100% completed or Platinumed during the competition will be the tiebreaker.

Start date will be Friday the 11th Jan 1200 MST and end on the 31st Dec 1159 PM 2019. Sign ups will end 31st Jan. 

Below is the tracking sheet of all the participants.

https://docs.zoho.com/sheet/open/bz94t1395379875ea4bf7ae2564e5a09f87f6

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, ladynadiad said:

5% because at my almost 92% currently that will be hard enough unless I get myself to drop a bit by starting some of the games I planned on playing soonish before Friday.

You have a good few RPG'S remaining but your remaining list seems doable in a year. You could possibly hit the full 100. It's really close.

7 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Good to hear, just need @Caju_94 againas well. What is your goal this time?

Haha, thanks for remembering me! ?

Well, since it has become a yearly event and I can start new games whenever I feel, then I'm 100% in!

My current completion rate is 80.70% (by increase a little by tomorrow night). During the last event I was around 88~89%, but since I started lot of new games and decided to get rid of my backlog instead of getting platinums, my rate went down a bit. There are still some games I want to platinum. Others, I might as well leave them be.

It is impossible to earn 100% for me, because I never play one/two games at once, and I already got a DLC set of trophies which is already unobtainable (Final Fantasy XV Comrades), yet I would like to maintain a percentage of 80% or higher. Worst case scenario being around 75%. I guess that initially, my goal will be to maintain my completion rate between 75% and 85%, then try to raise it up between 85%~90%. At least that's what I have in mind for now.

7 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

You have a good few RPG'S remaining but your remaining list seems doable in a year. You could possibly hit the full 100. It's really close.

No, it's not doable in a year because of Sparkle Unleashed.  I've been working on that last trophy since 2015 and am not even halfway done with it.  Even if I played nothing else this year, I probably won't get that trophy because of the sheer luck it requires.  I'd also have to finish God of War, which in my opinion is a terrible action RPG and I can't stand playing it for long enough to finish the challenges.  100% is doable eventually, but not in a year.

I'll join since I am doing this anyway with my own personal goals for this year :D

I want to get to 85% this year. I am currently at 76.75%, so that makes it at least 5% ;)

15 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Didn't you say it'd be a 1 year event? Then it should end 2020 and not 2359 1f602.png

I thought the same thing when I first looked at it. Lol. Let's blame it on lack of coffee. ?

• Like 1

Might as well join as well. I already had a goal to raise my average completion last year and managed better than I thought. I have similar goals this year.

Currently my average completion is at 57,61%. My goal for 2019 is to raise it to 65% or higher. As I intent fo finish a few of my already started games to get to the 75 milestone for Kingdom Hearts 3, it really shouldn't be a problem to reach that goal. Maybe I will even raise it if I make as good a progress as I did last year (+15%)

@Caju_94 @ladynadiad

Even if the 100 percent is unobtainable, you are both good competitors, so I am sure you will rise to go as far as you can. 

@Sofa King @Ampplaca

@Squirlruler @Lagoon Aris

Welcome Aboard.

As for myself. I sit about 50% range. My goal is maybe hit the 75ish area. It sounds like a big jump but doing the math if I complete say 20-25 games out of my played backlog I think I will get there. My first step is to finish all my open vita games. Thats about 12 right there. None of them are undoable. Some of the platformers maybe hard but I think doable in a year.

Oh I will also fix the date thing since it is throwing so many people off.

Edited by kingofbattle8174
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Even if the 100 percent is unobtainable, you are both good competitors, so I am sure you will rise to go as far as you can. 

Oh I plan to, but I likely will start up some of the stuff I planned on starting within the next month or two tonight, so I'll likely drop below 90% for a bit.  Another goal of mine was to make a dent in my unstarted Vita and PS4 backlog and get my PS3 unfinished down enough that I'd have no issue tackling a couple of new games there too.

Okay, I'll try this challenge but up the ante: Right now I have 12 platinums. I have a personal goal of getting the platinums for these games before the end of 2019:

Kingdom Hearts Final Mix

Disgaea 5 (Dream)

Dark Cloud 2 (Drop)

Dragon Quest XI (Distance)

Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD

And then Kingdom Hearts 3 but there is no icon yet for it because they haven't confirmed if the leaked trophy list is real or not. We have to wait until a week before launch for the official list but the rumored list seems to be much easier even though the gameplay will be epic.

I also want to finish the games I started(Dark Cloud and LEGO Jurassic World) to boost my completion up a bit.

10 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

It is impossible to earn 100% for me, because I never play one/two games at once, and I already got a DLC set of trophies which is already unobtainable (Final Fantasy XV Comrades), 

Just an FYI, but you can revert to an older patch and play Comrades offline iirc. I haven't done it but I know people who have finished up the trophy list like that.